Awoo.

Hunnid-P working on music for next "Sonic Project"

HUNTER297

God, I hated Knuckle's raps from SA2, so I hope this is a remix album or something. And if he's gonna be playable again...well...damn...I don't want it like this!

Hey.... maybe it's a remix for ASRT? I can see that happening.

Edited by Chaos Warp

I feel out of the loop. How did I let this FANTASTIC news slip me by? So very excited to hear this!

• Thumbs Up 5

Tristan Oliver

Posted July 6, 2012 at 12:10 AM

QuietGuy92: I agree with you–it shouldn’t be treated like a confirmation for SA3–but let’s not kid ourselves, it will be.

This was essentially my initial reaction to the news. Wishful thinking? I'd like to think not. It just seems like the most likely case. I doubt there would be any new raps on a remix album, so that leads me to conclude that a game is probably in the works with Knuckles as a playable character-- one might further assume that he'll be treasure hunting since that's what every single Knuckles rap has been for in the past.

So, a new game with Knuckles as a playable character could mean probably two things:

1: Sonic Adventure 3

2: A Sonic '06 Sequel

And we all know that NO ONE would be stupid enough to create the latter.

...Don't we?

Also:

My name is Knuckles.

Unlike Sonic I don't chuckle.

Edited by AndrewClocksin
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, it could also be a brand new game (i.e not a sequel to anything) with additional playable characters.

We don't know that yet though, so we shouldn't hype unecessarily.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, if we ever get Sonic Adventure 3 once and for all, it better have new gameplays. I kinda like treasure hunting, but I think we had enough of this gameplay. They could make a hack n' slash mixed with exploration and fast, not Were-shit. Sonic should have speed and platforming gameplay, while Tails too, but with fly and exploration (he should not be slooow or in a machine, save for Tornado mini-stages). And the story, well, just don't try TOO hard, just something more Sonic-ish and less human-ish and I'm down.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, if we ever get Sonic Adventure 3 once and for all, it better have new gameplays. I kinda like treasure hunting, but I think we had enough of this gameplay. Sonic should have speed and platforming gameplay, while Tails too, but with fly and exploration (he should not be slooow or in a machine, save for Tornado mini-stages). And the story, well, just don't try TOO hard, just something more Sonic-ish and less human-ish and I'm down.

ALSO, give the characters a real PURPOSE to go where they go and...nevermind, this would've began the slow transformation to a Sonic Adventure 3 "waddya want?" thread, lolz.

Yeah, it could also be a brand new game (i.e not a sequel to anything) with additional playable characters.

We don't know that yet though, so we shouldn't hype unecessarily.

Agreed. I'll keep most of the excitement inside my head where it belongs. I think that even a brand new game, though, would have to have a somewhat Adventure-ish vibe to warrant Knuckles raps though haha. Oh well, I'll save more speculation for when we have more concrete information.

Whatever's about to happen, I'll happily take it over the nothing-ness that we've had for the past 7 months.

• Thumbs Up 6

"I was born by myself, I don't need a partner.

I get it on by myself!"

When I heard that line the first time I listened to Unknown From M.E., My side's were in so much pain.

But anyway, Knuckles raps are either liked/loved or extremely hated. I love his raps, so I'm glad for this.

• Thumbs Up 2

If Knuckles is coming back playable, and with yet another version of Unknown from M.E. again, I swear...

I'll take twenty.

Throw some of Scott Drier's deep and chill voice on Knux again and it's forty copies

Edited by Azukara
  • Thumbs Up 7

The first thing that came to mind was that SEGA's calling him in to do a scat remix of Knuckles's Sonic 3 theme, for Sonic 4: Episode 3.

It would be hilarious if that was the case.

But hey, possible Knuckles's theme remixes is always exciting.

Edited by Qwilfish

WHOA! This is great news! I loved Knuckles' rap music in SA2, it was really fitting for the character especially his theme Unknown From M.E (I loved both versions) so I'm pretty excited about this, can't wait to hear more about this...welcome back Hunnid-P! smile.png

Edited by C.J

Sonic Adventure 2 being rereleased, now Hunnid-P is working on Knuckles music for the next game... This just screams Sonic Adventure 3.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh joy, this could potentially mean more tedious treasure hunting levels with songs about sexy and smooth Rouge is.

Geh.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic Adventure 2 being rereleased, now Hunnid-P is working on Knuckles music for the next game... This just screams Sonic Adventure 3.

Let's not get this too over hyped. I think we should keep eyes and ears on SEGA with this news.

• Thumbs Up 2

Let's not get this too over hyped. I think we should keep eyes and ears on SEGA with this news.

Yes, because we all know what happens when SSMB members catch wind of something that could be really big *looks at the other week*.

Exactly. I remember people coming to SA3 conclusions when SA1 was being ported and we still weren't sure what the big 20th Anniversary game would be. Obviously it resulted in something much different in that case.

Edited by Mykonos

Admittedly, I'd be fully okay and possibly even excited if an Sonic Adventure 3 were to happen. Sonic Team has shone that they've gotten better if a few of the recent titles are of any indication, and if they're able to fix most of the things the originals did wrong, along with making the alternate playstyles enjoyable, than I'd happily buy and enjoy the game. Also I've always been a fag for chao. The only real issue I have with the game are the fanbrats who do nothing but ask for Sonic Adventure 3, and that alone, believing that it would "save the franchise". Really at this point I'm terrified to see how the fanbase would react to Sonic Adventure 3, the conflict between SA3 fanboys and a good chunk of the other fans has developed to the point that we could be seeing a huge shitstorm no matter how good or bad the actual game turns out.

Though personally, I'm just glad to know that SEGA/Sonic Team are going back to giving each character their own personal theme song. I really couldn't care less which game is coming, as long as it isn't some completely stupid piece of shit, and one or two other characters could get a bit of focus, I'll be happy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I think we're going to

Exactly. I remember people coming to SA3 conclusions when SA1 was being ported and we still weren't sure what the big 20th Anniversary game would be. Obviously it resulted in something much different in that case.

That isn't just the case this time. Hunnid-P is working on Knuckles music for the next Sonic game. It may not be called Sonic Adventure 3, but this is a pretty big hint that there may be more characters than Sonic in the next game.

• Thumbs Up 3

That isn't just the case this time. Hunnid-P is working on Knuckles music for the next Sonic game. It may not be called Sonic Adventure 3, but this is a pretty big hint that there may be more characters than Sonic in the next game.

We had Crush 40 saying they had a big project for the next year, who have provided the theme song for both Adventure games. Not the exact same thing and I get what you're saying (if anything you'd think SEGA would have gotten rid of the rap so this really narrows it down to just a few select things). I'm just agreeing that hype should be kept in check. Not to mention if this is a new game, SA3 or not, it will probably be a good while before we hear any more on it.

Oh joy, this could potentially mean more tedious treasure hunting levels with songs about sexy and smooth Rouge is.

Geh.

Maybe in the next game we get to play as Knuckles without the treasure hunting? Just have faith.