Awoo.

Ratchet & Clank Collection (PS3)

250px-Ratchet_%26_Clank_Trilogy.jpg

The Ratchet & Clank Collection (or the Ratchet & Clank Trilogy in countries outside of North America) is a game that recreates the original trilogy of the PS2 Ratchet & Clank games in high definition, releasing exclusively for the PlayStation 3. The games being recreated are Ratchet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando & Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal. All originally created and developed by Insomniac Games, the three games are being recreated by Idol Minds. The collection is meant to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Ratchet & Clank series, along with the yet to be released game, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (known as Ratchet & Clank: Q-Force outside of the US.)

tumblr_m7w6szKv2B1rcpfkho1_r1_400.jpg

RaCbox.jpgRatchet_and_clank_gc_image.jpgRatchetandclank3box.jpg

New features for this collection include full trophy support for all three games, online multiplayer for Up Your Arsenal over the PlayStation Network, and 720p & 1080p stereoscopic 3D support. The collection was released in Europe on June 27, Australia on June 28 & the United Kingdom on June 29. The collection is to be released in North America on August 28. Insomniac says there will be a "special surprise" for North American fans to compensate for the gap between the PAL and NTSC release dates. This surprise is a demo of Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time, & a special Ratchet & Clank 10th anniversary avatar. And to also add, Ratchet: Deadlocked will also be remade in HD, but will be released as a downloadable game on the PlayStation Network Store.

Deadlocked.jpg

For those who haven't played a Ratchet & Clank game, or haven't played any of them at all, get this collection. It is a nice way to introduce you to the series, for a cheap price.

Here is also the announcement trailer:

Share your thoughts!

Edited by Felix
  • Thumbs Up 4

Dude, you totally forgot the trailer.

But yeah, I most likely am going to get this collection. Can't wait to play 1, 2 and 3 on the PS3, probably my favorite playstation exclusive franchise.

• Thumbs Up 2

Will buy. Haven't owned Ratchet 1 and 2 in a while, and 3 doesn't run very well on PS3. Will be great to have them all on one disc. Oh, and online multiplayer for 3 sounds pretty bitchin'.

Edited by Chocolate Boy

Dude, you totally forgot the trailer.

But yeah, I most likely am going to get this collection. Can't wait to play 1, 2 and 3 on the PS3, probably my favorite playstation exclusive franchise.

Oh yeah, forgot about the trailer :U

But yeah, I'm hyped for this too, but mostly for the online multiplayer in UYA.

No major loss that Deadlocked isn't included. That game was complete pants.

Got this collection the weekend it came out and I'm replaying the games in chronological order. Seeing how I never actually owned the games but played them through all at my friend's place, the games are still timeless classics. At the first one at the moment and I feel this one is still as solid as ever, especially after the series started focusing on too much combat.

I have to say though despite the HD remastering looking nice, the game definitely doesn't look as fantastic as I remembered it to be. When I got the PS3 games I didn't get the feeling that the games were such huge step ups but seeing how that was due to merely having great graphics in an era spoiled by them, the step up in quality in retrospect was incredible.

I don't have it yet since I'm broke, but when I get it, I challenge everyone to online mode!

I bet I can easily beat you in UYA's online :U I'm getting the game next week because I'm going to France to visit family.

I've never played the first one, so I guess this'll be a really good opportunity to do so. I'll check it out when I've got some extra cash.

Never actually beat the first two, so might need to pick this up.

Of course, haven't played the current Future trilogy either, man i'm so far behind.

Never actually beat the first two, so might need to pick this up.

Of course, haven't played the current Future trilogy either, man i'm so far behind.

You might as well just play Tools of Destruction or Crack in Time. QFB hardly adds anything to the story.

Started the first game before going away this weekend for Summer of Sonic; it has a charming simplicity to it that I really like after playing the PS3 trilogy.

I never played the original and I've lost my copy of Going Commando, so I'll definitely check this out when I get some more money.

I only played a bit of the first game, but I thought it was great fun! I've always wanted to play the rest and now's my chance!

..Where's my PS3 though~? DX

You might as well just play Tools of Destruction or Crack in Time. QFB hardly adds anything to the story.

And All 4 One.

This being said, if you can pick up Quest for Booty for a reasonable price, it's an interesting bridge between the first and third in the trilogy.

...Unless you can get other people to play with you, I can't really recommend All 4 One. I love it with company, get bored within five minutes flying solo.

zCgwI.jpg

Having a blast with this.

I finally got the chance to play the first one which is the only of the trilogy that I don't own for the PS2.

Edited by Tmsp

zCgwI.jpg

Having a blast with this.

I finally got the chance to play the first one which is the only of the trilogy that I don't own for the PS2.

Argh, I'm jealous of ya right now. D=

Never played the first two games so this was a must-have game. I already have it but have to finish The Amazing Spider-Man first. Ratchet & Clank is definitely my second favourite video game franchise. So glad I bought PS3 instead of 360 happy.png

Edited by Lamor

I really need to get this. Ratchet and Clank was my first ever PS2 game and watching those videos up the thread brought back so many memories! I've only played the first two and Size Matters though, so it will be nice to play UYA as that will be all new to me. smile.png I want the Devil May Cry Collection first though. Argh! Too many great HD collections are coming out. I want this, the DMC one and the upcoming Budokai and Z.O.E collections so bad! :S

Edited by The Hoenn Kid

Hey all you Americans

As the celebration of Ratchet & Clank’s 10th Anniversary has unfolded this year, we’ve received your anxious e-mails, tweets and Facebook messages asking us when you can get your hands on the Ratchet & Clank Collection in North America. Today, we can tell you the remaster of three original PS2 Ratchet & Clank games will be available at retailers and via PlayStation Network on August 28th for $29.99!

The Collection features 1080p HD remasters of three PS2 Ratchet & Clank classics: Ratchet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, and Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal. In addition, these three games have Trophy and 3D support (in 720p), and the fine folks over at Idol Minds have restored online play to Up Your Arsenal. At last, those who missed out on competitive R&C gameplay during the PS2 Network Adapter era can finally check it out!

We realize that the Ratchet & Clank Collection is arriving in North America a bit later than it did in Europe and Japan. To reward you for your patience, we’re giving you exclusive first access to the Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time demo when you purchase the Collection. If you love Ratchet, you probably love Sly, and the Ratchet & Clank Collection will let you test drive Sly’s new time-traveling adventure starting on August 28th. As an added bonus, you’ll receive a special Ratchet & Clank 10th anniversary avatar!

We can’t wait to for you to get your hands on these three remastered Ratchet & Clank games, the Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time demo and the 10th anniversary avatar on August 28th. In the meantime, keep an eye on our Twitter and Facebook pages for the latest on the Collection, as well as the newly announced Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/07/16/ratchet-clank-collection-hits-august-28th-with-sly-cooper-demo/

• Thumbs Up 2

Good thing the bonuses aren't anything I care about.

Edited by MarcelloF

Well, so much for Deadlocked. But maybe the guys at Idol Minds can restore the Online Play to Jak X: Combat Racing, when Sony makes a Jak & Daxter Collection: Volume 2 (with Jak X, Daxter, and Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier.

Edited by YoshiAngemon

Well, so much for Deadlocked. But maybe the guys at Idol Minds can restore the Online Play to Jak X: Combat Racing, when Sony makes a Jak & Daxter Collection: Volume 2 (with Jak X, Daxter, and Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier.

Dude, Deadlocked is gonna be a downloadable title on PSN.