Awoo.

The Movie Thread

AdventChild

10gef6f.jpg

How They Did It: Beauty At The Cannes Film Festival

THE Cannes Film Festival always draws a beautiful crowd, and whether it's the sunshine, the buzz of the Croisette or the magic of being beside the sea, the hair and beauty looks always seem to be prettier on those famous red-carpeted steps than anywhere else.

eim339.jpg

The 'Deliver Us From Evil' Trailer Serves Up One Terrifying Crime Spree

"Then you haven't seen true evil," someone ominously warns. And it seems like Bana will know what that is when his daughter starts to hear scratching under her bed at night.

"Deliver Us From Evil" opens in theaters July 2.

Trailer for X-men Days Of Future Past:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyI9ntTnGk4

Hugh Jackman talks about the movie. The mutants are being wiped out. Wolverine needs to stop Raven from doing something which probably causes the events of DOFP. The director was keen for the exact design of the sets from the original film to be brought back.

Here is the same trailer without the commentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERT6ByXEDFM

The final trailer will be released on 15th April.

xmen-days-of-future-past-final-trailer.p

maxresdefault.jpg

Interview With Matty Beckerman, Director Of IFC Midnight’s Alien Abduction

The most effective scene for me was when the Morris family comes across all the abandoned cars in the tunnel.

Well that scene specifically, when you’re driving through the Appalachian mountains there are these tunnels that go through these mountains.

It’s a scary tunnel and it goes on for…I think it’s 1,000 yards. And it’s abandoned. Its just this abandoned  tunnel in the middle of nowhere.

Hey guys, remember when I joked about an Ice Age 5 in the status updates a couple of days ago? Well...

I was going to make a joke about how the Ice Age franchise has been going since the last geological ice age, but then Wikipedia informed me that we’re in an ice age right now that’s been going on for 2.6 million years and counting. Fox and Blue Sky’s animated film series hasn’t been going on for quite that long, but eleven years is still a pretty long lifespan for a movie franchise. And like the current ice age, its still going.

The studio has just announced that Ice Age 5 will be out on July 15, 2016, which puts it almost exactly four years after the fourth film was released. Additionally, Fox has also set a new date for the previously announced Anubis, about a mummy curse. Hit the jump for more details on both films.

Anubis was originally scheduled for the July 2016 date, but now that Ice Age 5 has taken over it’s being pushed all the way to March 23, 2018. Both Fox films are far enough along that they don’t have much competition at the moment. Ice Age 5 is opening one week after an as-yet-unnamed Marvel movie. The 2018 calendar consists right now of untitled animated movies and The Amazing Spider-Man 4.

The Ice Age films have been faring worse and worse with critics over the past four installments, but it remains popular with kids and their families. The four films have grossed over $2.8 billion to date, with each new film doing better than the last. No plot details have been released for Ice Age 5.

As for Anubis, it’s a loose adaptation of the children’s novel The Anubis Tapestry: Between Twilights by Bruce Zick. The plot concerns an archaeologist who has been condemned by a mummy’s curse to the Egyptian underworld. His young son Chace sets out to try and free him, and faces all sorts of weird monsters along the way.

http://www.slashfilm.com/ice-age-5-coming-in-2016-anubis-pushed-to-2018/

Oh god, why can't they just let this series die already? And what makes it worse is that they delayed an original film as well.

b2b6fb320911284.jpg

Iran unveils representatives list in Cannes film festival

Narges Abyar (director of Track 143), Mostafa Kiaei (director of Special Line), Ahmad Reza Darvish (director of Resurrection), Houman Seyyedi (director of Thirteen) and Morteza Razzaq Karimi (director of Memories for all Seasons) are among the list’s entries.

The Raid 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iz3992JoJ4

It is out right now in select movie theaters in America. It has really good ratings. The first Raid inspired the choregraphy in Winter Soldier. What the fuck are you waiting for?

tumblr_myywd5GYj01s1zfo0o1_250.gif

The final trailer for X-men DOFP will be released at 8pm Pacific Time (about 6 hours from now - UK time).

In the meantime just over a minute of footage of the opening scene in the movie has been released! You get to see some of the original cast do battle. You can watch the footage via this link: 

Hey guys, remember when I joked about an Ice Age 5 in the status updates a couple of days ago? Well...

http://www.slashfilm.com/ice-age-5-coming-in-2016-anubis-pushed-to-2018/

Oh god, why can't they just let this series die already? And what makes it worse is that they delayed an original film as well.

So Denis Leary was right after all. Though let's be honest, he's gonna do the sequels anyway 'cause it rakes in money.

National debt now equals $160,000 per American family. Do you know what that means? Time for Ice Age 5, 6 and 7.

As far as I'm concerned it will now be a bona-fide miracle if the Peanuts film doesn't get mediocre sequels (because let's face it, with an iconic/lucrative IP like Peanuts and Schulz's general acceptance of having the comics "commercialized", Fox is going to milk it for what it's worth).

So Denis Leary was right after all. Though let's be honest, he's gonna do the sequels anyway 'cause it rakes in money.

As far as I'm concerned it will now be a bona-fide miracle if the Peanuts film doesn't get mediocre sequels (because let's face it, with an iconic/lucrative IP like Peanuts and Schulz's general acceptance of having the comics "commercialized", Fox is going to milk it for what it's worth).

I think it's inevitable that something as iconic as peanuts will get sequels. As for Ice Age, I'm crossing my fingers that they bring back the kid from the first film but I doubt Blue Sky will do that.

I think it's inevitable that something as iconic as peanuts will get sequels. As for Ice Age, I'm crossing my fingers that they bring back the kid from the first film but I doubt Blue Sky will do that.

I know.

I'm saying it will be a miracle if the sequels are just as good if not better than the first film (though if the film turns out to be mediocre/bad and the sequels are marginally better, then that's not really saying much).

Final X-men DOFP trailer.

Hugh Jackman's one-liners have already won me over, haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsjtg7m1MMM

^ Hell no to that! Just leave the original Mrs Doubtfire as it is! It doesn't need a sequel at all. ><

And HELL NO to yet another Ice Age film! Just turn it into a tv series or DTV sequel. I can't believe they're still making these...oh wait, I know why! Money$

Yeah, this does sound a bit strange. Not sure how they would work this, I thought it ended quite nicely - in the first film. Intriguing though... 

Oh, another sequel to a decades old (cult) classic? Wonder who the latest victim is and which genius studi-

>Mrs. Doubtfire

>Fox

Well, that explains pretty much anything. Though I'm expecting this to effectively kill Williams's film career rather than revive it.

• 2 weeks later...

1zxnqxs.jpg

71st International Venice Film Festival

Starting from 260.00 Euro

The 71th Venice International Film Festival, organized by La Biennale di Venezia, will run at Venice Lido August 29th through September 8th, 2014, directed by Alberto Barbera.

5dmi39.jpg

Party Guide to the Cannes Film Festival

If you're more the humble millionaire than showy billionaire, scour the local luxury hotels for any available suites and then allow the hotel concierge to arrange your social calendar.
If your intentions are to only visit Cannes at night for the private parties and nightclubs, consider booking a hotel in Cap d' Antibes like the Eden Rock Hotel Du Cap. Last year the hotel was host to Brad and Angelina as well as the annual Vanity Fair party and Kidd Rock bash.

• 1 month later...

There's this animated film called The Book of Life coming out in October this year, produced by Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth, Pacific Rim, etc.), directed by Jorge Gutierrez (El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera), and animated by Reel FX Creative Studios. The plot of the film is a Romeo & Juliet-esque story, primarily based on the journey of a young man called Manolo, torn between following his heart and living up his family's expectations. This film is especially unique in it's setting and artwork (which does have strokes of Gutierrez's influence), which is firmly rooted in the Mexican tradition of Dia De Los Muertos (Day of the Dead). The animation of Reel FX brings it to life in a spectacular manner that aside from being visually distinct from other CG films and also makes it beautiful to look at.

Check out the trailer below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AuO8HSG5rM4

EDIT: It's also worth noting that Pixar has had it's own "Dia De Los Muertos" project on the backburner for a while now. I do wonder if The Book of Life's release will impact that film due to them sharing similar settings, like how Blue Sky's Rio caused Pixar's Newt to be cancelled since they shared similar premises.

• Thumbs Up 4

There's this animated film called The Book of Life coming out in October this year, produced by Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth, Pacific Rim, etc.), directed by Jorge Gutierrez (El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera), and animated by Reel FX Creative Studios. The plot of the film is a Romeo & Juliet-esque story, primarily based on the journey of a young man called Manolo, torn between following his heart and living up his family's expectations. This film is especially unique in it's setting and artwork (which does have strokes of Gutierrez's influence), which is firmly rooted in the Mexican tradition of Dia De Los Muertos (Day of the Dead). The animation of Reel FX brings it to life in a spectacular manner that aside from being visually distinct from other CG films and also makes it beautiful to look at.

Check out the trailer below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AuO8HSG5rM4

I've been looking forward to this ever since it's been announced. Now that the trailer's out, I can easily say I'm even more excited than I was before. The animation and visuals look utterly gorgeous while very inventive, and El Tigre was one of my favorite shows to watch on Nickelodeon when I was younger, it's neat to see the creator of that show has gone to show his artistic influence here. Really makes for something atypical than the usual look of most computer-animated films these days. Besides, it's also very nice to see animated films discovering other cultures, and Mexico is one that definitely will benefit from being explored in this film.

Saw the trailer earlier and I'm quite impressed! Visually the movie looks stunning and screams Dia de Los Muertos, a complete 180 from Reel FX previous movie Free Birds (which was crappy from what I've heard). Hopefully this will turn out much better, and if it does prove to be great than I might just see it on the big screen. =3

Ready or not, for better or for worse, Eddie Murphy's back for Number Four of the Beverly Hills Cop series.

Paramount Sets ‘Beverly Hills Cop’ Starring Eddie Murphy For Spring 2016

Comments 37

Axel-Foley__140502214154-275x269.jpgAxel Foley will be making his long-awaited return to the big screen in about two years. Paramount today set a March 25, 2016, release date for Beverly Hills Cop, the fourth installment of the mega-grossing 1980s movie series that has Eddie Murphy set to reprise his role as the wise-cracking detective. The new film has the pre-summer weekend to itself for now. Jerry Bruckheimer is back as producer, and Brett Ratner is directing the pic, which will see Murphy’s Foley returning to his Detroit roots. Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec, the scribes behind Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol, are writing that script. It looked for a while as if Beverly Hills Cop‘s resurrection was going to be televised. Early last year, CBS ordered a pilot from Shawn Ryan and Murphy that was to follow the adventures of Foley’s cop son, with Barry Sonnenfeld directing and Murphy set to appear in the pilot and possibly recur. But the network surprisingly passed on the project at the eleventh hour.

I think it's kinda amusing that the latest failed attempt to revive the series (the aforementioned TV show pilot focused on "Axel Foley Jr." who like his father is also a cop) actually saved a hypothetical fourth film from development hell (attempts to revive the Beverly Hills Cop franchise have gone on ever since BHC 3 flopped with critics and audiences, with Eddie up to now turning down scripts offered to him on the basis that they weren't good enough).

Personally I'm optimistic for this. Jerry Bruckheimer (who produced the first two films) is back on board, and the writers for the film (Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec) wrote Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (though they also wrote the new Bay-produced TMNT film, so we'll see how that goes...). Know people don't like him for his work on X-Men: The Last Stand and some of his controversial statements, but as a fan of the Rush Hour films I don't mind Brett Ratner in the director's chair (he also directed Tower Heist, which got good reviews and featured Eddie Murphy delivering a performance that went back to his "classic" 80s era roots).

If this film is /really/ good, I could see this properly revitalizing Murphy's career again. He's said to go back to making mature movies after an era of family-fare flops starting with Tower Heist, but the largely-maligned A Thousand Words essentially negated whatever goodwill he earned with that film.

nicolas-cage-in-left-behind-POSTER.jpg

Nicolas Cage faces God's wrath in the trailer for 'Left Behind'

The trailer hews close to a generic disaster movie template, but hopefully we won't have to wait until the October 3rd release date for the mind-controlling Antichrist, sinister global government, and invincible Biblical prophets.

earth-to-echo-poster.jpg

Relativity's Earth to Echo, Dave Green's movie about a group of kids who find an alien who needs their help, will have its world premiere at the Los Angeles Film Festival, which runs June 11-19 in downtown Los Angeles.

Ho, from that artwork alone Earth to Echo got my attention. Do we have any other information about it?

Ho, from that artwork alone Earth to Echo got my attention. Do we have any other information about it?

Just from a quick glance at Wikipedia, it would seem that the movie is being developed and shot by Disney.

This movie looks like it's a mix between E.T. and Super 8.