Awoo.

The Movie Thread

AdventChild

Oh Gabz I certainly hope that it means the UK gets a more sooner rather than later release of the Princess and the Frog too.

Drag Me to Hell Trailer Online

First Showing has posted the trailer for the upcoming Sam Raimi horror flick Drag Me to Hell. Check it out below!

Drag Me to Hell focuses on a loan officer (Alison Lohman) ordered to evict an old woman (Lorna Raver) from her home who finds herself the recipient of a supernatural curse. She then turns to a seer to try and save her soul while evil forces work to push her to a breaking point.

Drag Me to Hell is directed by Sam Raimi, who also co-wrote the script with his brother Ivan Raimi, and comes to theaters on May 29th.

Looks pretty cool and creepy and might make up for Spiderman 3.

New Wolverine Promo Pics

MTV has snatched up a trio of new X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie promos that feature Gambit (Taylor Kitsch), Agent Zero (Daniel Henney) and William Stryker (Danny Huston). Check them out below!

Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Film Coming in May 2010

Coming Soon reports that Ridley Scott's Robin Hood film, which currently has no official title, will hit theaters on May 14th, 2010.

The film stars Russell Crowe as Robin Hood and Cate Blanchett as Maid Marian.

Filming for the Robin Hood project will begin this April.

I absolutely cannot wait for Robin Hood. Gladiator was utterly phenomenal and Kingdom Of Heaven, while unable to live up to its predecessors' obscenely high standards, was a great watch. With Crowe on-board as well, I'm bubbling over with the excitements.

I agree with D'harhan. Ridley Scott's other films have been great, so Robin Hood should be exceptional too. I can't wait! <3 Besides, I always imagined Cate Blanchett as Marian. She'd fit the role pretty good. Ditto for Russell Crowe.

I hope it's better than Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. You know, the one with Kevin Costner..I mean, it had some great scenes and the music was beautiful. But Costner's accent, and the inaccuracies to Britain...egh. >->

Part of me wants it to be like Maid Marian and her Merry Men from CBBC around fifteen years ago, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUhEJ9lUPYE.

maidmarian.jpg

Josh Hartnett Playing "Thor" Villain Loki?

Josh Hartnett has apparently met with "Thor" director Kenneth Brannagh and is currently on a very short list to play the villain in the film according to IESB.Net

The character, Thor's brother Loki, repeatedly tries to get rid of Thor and seize the throne of Asgard for himself and ends up being the God of Evil.

The news comes a day after rumors of "True Blood" Alexander Skarsgård being in the final running to play the titular Norse God riled up online fandom.

Meanwhile Marvel's Joe Quesada tells Times Online that they couldn't be happier with having someone like Branagh at the helm - "Branagh gets the Marvel history of the character, he gets the overall flavour and tone of the Marvel universe. He gets that it's not just about action and adventure and costumes, it's about what's at the heart of the character."

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/13513/jos...-villain-loki-/

Robert Mark Kamen Writing Taken Sequel

n a recent article in the LA Times about Taken co-writer Robert Mark Kamen, it was reported that he and his "partner-in-crime" Luc Besson are working on a sequel to the action hit:

"With more action films in the works, including a sequel to Taken and an American version of District 13, a popular 2004 French thriller that Besson produced, Kamen says he's never been happier."

Sounds very unnecessary.

Sony and Marvel Set New Release Dates

Coming Soon has received the new schedule for Sony and Marvel Studios' most anticipated films. Check out below to see when your favorite comic heroes are due to hit the big screen!

Iron Man 2 remains unchanged on May 7th, 2010

Spider-Man 4 on May 6th, 2011

Thor moved from July 16th, 2010 to June 17th, 2011

The First Avenger: Captain America moved to July 22nd, 2011

The Avengers now debuting May 4th, 2012

2011 is gonna be a big year it seems. Hopefully, Spiderman 4 won't have those kinds of moments that made the 3rd looked bad.

Part of me wants it to be like Maid Marian and her Merry Men from CBBC around fifteen years ago, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUhEJ9lUPYE.

maidmarian.jpg

This wins!! I would love it if it was like that show. God seeing that picture brought back many a memory watching CBBC! :lol: Although it also brought back the horror that is the Demon Head Master!!! God that one scared me.

Kevin it is great to see a guy interested in that film. Let's go see it together eh?

I try to avoid watching films because of a specific director. I find that Tim Burton has a certain "flow" and certain characteristics that make me both love and get bored of his film style. I love his darkness and yet the gentleness of the style and also the humour he injects into it but I find his reuse of certain music composers (*cough*DannyElfman*cough*) and certain actors Johnny Fuckin' Depp and Helena Bonham Carter very boring and creates the "samey" feel in his films.

I mean it is great he has a chemistry with them but he should stop writing his scripts with Johnny Depp and Carter in mind... There are other great actors out there who could make a wonderful Mad Hatter or whatever!!

WB Bringing It to the Big Screen

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Warner Bros. is bringing Stephen King's It to the big screen in a new adaptation produced by Lin Pictures and Vertigo Entertainment.

Dave Kajganich is set to write the script about a group of kids called the Losers Club that encounter a child-preying creature called It. When the creature resurfaces twenty years later, the clan meets up again to destroy what truly haunts them.

It was adapted into an ABC miniseries in 1990 that starred John Ritter, Harry Anderson, Tim Reid, Annette O'Toole, Richard Thomas and Tim Curry as It's favorite form, Pennywise the Clown.

The novel, which takes place in 1958 and 1985, will be modernized in the new adaptation.

Kajganich is most notably known for writing 2007's The Invasion and is currently penning scripts for remakes of Pet Sematary and Escape From New York.

Great, another horror remake.

I try to avoid watching films because of a specific director. I find that Tim Burton has a certain "flow" and certain characteristics that make me both love and get bored of his film style. I love his darkness and yet the gentleness of the style and also the humour he injects into it but I find his reuse of certain music composers (*cough*DannyElfman*cough*) and certain actors Johnny Fuckin' Depp and Helena Bonham Carter very boring and creates the "samey" feel in his films.

I mean it is great he has a chemistry with them but he should stop writing his scripts with Johnny Depp and Carter in mind... There are other great actors out there who could make a wonderful Mad Hatter or whatever!!

Wow, you're the first female I've ever heard say something negative about Johnny Depp. Because EVERYONE (including my mum and excluding me) LUUUURVES him! >0>

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to Alice in Wonderland. It's gonna be sooo freaky and cool in Burton's style. =D

Btw, I found this picture of Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter, not sure if it's legit or not. Wuh, he looks well freaky though. XP.

http://blogs.lexpress.fr/cafe-mode/johnny_..._mad_hatter.jpg

Edited by Gabz Girl

Jon Favreau May Direct The Avengers

The folks at Ain't It Cool News claim to know a spy with inside information on Marvel's upcoming films, including The Avengers, saying that Iron Man director Jon Favreau may be the guy to helm the project.

The source says, "Everybody here loves the guy and he wants to do it, but it would have been impossible for him to do before the date change given his Iron Man 2 commitments."

Earlier this week, Marvel decided to push back The Avengers release date an entire year to May 4th, 2012.

So the Iron Man director is gonna do this? It could work.

Freida Pinto Could be the Next Bond Girl

Britain’s The Sun is reporting that actress Freida Pinto has been invited to a screen test for the next James Bond movie, currently titled Bond 23.

Their source says, “Freida came to the attention of the Bond team when they were casting Quantum of Solace. She was too young at the time to have a part as a love interest for a secret agent.”

However, in just two years the star has grown up enough to be considered for the part which, combined with the fact she starred in this year's Oscar-winning Best Picture Slumdog Millionaire, increases her chances of getting the role.

WB Bringing It to the Big Screen

Great, another horror remake.

Indeed, this saddens me it's like they are not even waiting for 50 years before remaking them now they are just remaking them left right and centre. HOW DARE THEY TRY AND REPLACE TIM CURRY AS "IT". *pouts angrily* I mean as old and cheesy as "IT" actually was I really enjoyed watching it and appreciated it as a film. At the time I watched it I was petrified of Pennywise but I find it amusing and still watch it for sentimental value and the fact it used to scare me out of my pants.

Wow, you're the first female I've ever heard say something negative about Johnny Depp. Because EVERYONE (including my mum and excluding me) LUUUURVES him! >0>

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to Alice in Wonderland. It's gonna be sooo freaky and cool in Burton's style. =D

Btw, I found this picture of Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter, not sure if it's legit or not. Wuh, he looks well freaky though. XP.

http://blogs.lexpress.fr/cafe-mode/johnny_..._mad_hatter.jpg

Haha. Sorry Gabzie Mr. Depp is an okay actor but I just don't like his overuse recently. I don't like him and I know that I am one of the only girls in the world NOT to because no one else female ever agrees with me with regards to him. XD I don't hate the guy or anything he is a talented actor I just don't like Burton shoving up my nose left right and centre.

He looks REALLY creepy in Alice and Wonderland - like really creepy. Even if it is fake it will probably inspire Burton to create something even more creppy. XD Although it looks quite genuine.

Kevin it is great to see a guy interested in that film. Let's go see it together eh?

How can I turn down a 2D animated film made by Disney when they haven't done it in ages? Not counting Enchanted of course, which was a great movie by the way.

Exactly how I feel! As I much as I like Johnny Depp, I think he's a bit overrated as well. Nonetheless, I'll certainly check out both 9 and Alice in Wonderland when they come out since I like Burton's works a lot.

Gabz, if that picture of Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter is legit, then damn, that is creepy!

Edited by Kevin

I think that picture is legit Kevin I did some searches and that came up a lot. It looks Burton-esque so it probably is. Don't get me wrong I will continue to watch Burton films even if he does use Johhny Depp all the time... *shudders* I am just glad someone agrees with me Kevin.

Yes Enchanted was an amazing film I really enjoyed that considering I went in thinking I wouldn't like it at all. It saddens me that Disney have more or less given up on their 2D animation. I mean I do enjoy a lot of their 3D attempts (not Pixar related just Disney ventures) Bolt, Meet the Robinsons etc. Great films just not as magical because they are completely different to Disney films I am used to, I guess. Doesn't stop me enjoying them though.

MacGyver Coming to the Big Screen!

According to Coming Soon, New Line Cinema is bringing "MacGyver" to the big screen.

"MacGyver" ran on ABC from 1985 to 1992 and starred Richard Dean Anderson as an incredibly resourceful secret agent for the Phoenix Foundation who frequently would escape from dangerous situations with ingenious and lightning-quick engineering trickery.

Raffaella De Laurentiis is producing through her Raffaella Productions alongside Dino and Martha De Laurentiis and series creator Lee Zlotoff.

No writer has been attached to the project.

So the agent who can possibly create a death ray by mixing gum, two tree branches, and a plastic bottle together is coming to the big screen? Hm, sounds interesting.

Raimi Talks Spiderman 4 and Evil Dead

This past weekend at SXSW, director Sam Raimi not only talked about Spider-Man 4 but gave some updates on the long-rumored Evil Dead.

Raimi says that he and his production team are "in the earliest stages of working with the writer, trying to work out a story" for Spider-Man 4, which was just given a May 6th, 2011 release date last week.

Previous reports had claimed that Sony Pictures would also be making the fourth and fifth movies at the same time, but Raimi says that won't be the case.

As for Evil Dead, Raimi says, "I have talked with my partners about having a young director come in and remake Evil Dead. That film was made in 16mm on a shoestring budget and blown up to 35mm. The visual effects are crumby, it was done in mono, not even stereo, let alone 5.1. What you could do with it now would be so much better. I think if you had a new director using the full power of 35mm and 5.1 sound, you could really make a pretty socko presentation. It was always meant for the big screen, but never really seen on the big screen."

Evil Dead cannot exist without Bruce Campbell! Realize it Raimi or else it is another unwanted useless remake!

Actor Ron Silver Dies at 62

Variety reports that actor Ron Silver has died at the age of 62 after two years of fighting esophageal cancer.

Silver was an Emmy nominee for his recurring role on "The West Wing" and had a long history of balancing acting with social and political causes.

His big-screen credits included Ali, Reversal of Fortune, Enemies: A Love Story, Timecop and most recently Find Me Guilty and The Ten. He also narrated 2004's Fahrenhype 9/11.

Besides "The West Wing", Silver was a regular or had recurring roles on such TV shows as "Veronica's Closet" and ''Chicago Hope".

New Posters from HP:H-BP

Look at Draco. He looks like he's thirty-something.

TF3 to Release Summer 2011

Variety reports that Paramount Pictures and DreamWorks Pictures have set a July 1st, 2011 release date for Transformers 3.

The studios say that the dating of the third installment isn't an official announcement that the project is going forward but rather that they wanted to secure the date.

Paramount also moved up the release of Thor from June 17th, 2011 to May 20th, 2011.

Dang, another one? I sense overmilking and more explosions coming our way.

TF3 to Release Summer 2011

Dang, another one? I sense overmilking and more explosions coming our way.

Honestly, i love Transformers so much that i just want a new movie every six months... Oh lord, i crave moar!

On a side note regarding not wanting the original Megatron voice in the movie, Bay can go die in a corner. Wait, that could give the movies a chance to be better! *goes to conspire*

Where the Wild Things Are Poster

And it doesn't look that bad.

J.J Abrams to Produce Heist Movie

Variety has announced that J.J. Abrams is producing a heist movie based on an upcoming Wired article written by Joshua Davis about a band of Italian diamond thieves.

"The Untold Story of the World's Biggest Diamond Heist" chronicles the crime thought to have been carried out by Leonardo Notarbartolo, who was arrested in February 2003 for heading a ring of Italian thieves. They were accused of breaking into a seemingly impenetrable vault beneath the Antwerp Diamond Center and making off with at least $100 million in loot that's never been found. Based on circumstantial evidence, Notarbartolo was sentenced to 10 years but ended up being released from a Belgium prison this week.

The premise sounds intriguing and might watch it. Though I'm more interested about the developments on Cloverfield 2.

Lionsgate Feasts on The Hunger Games

Lionsgate announced today that it has acquired worldwide distribution rights to the film version of Suzanne Collins' best-selling futuristic young adult novel, The Hunger Games. Based on the first novel in a projected trilogy, Collins will pen the screenplay adaptation.

SANTA MONICA, CA (March 17, 2009) – LIONSGATE® (NYSE: LGF), the leading next generation studio, announced today that it has acquired worldwide distribution rights to the film version of Suzanne Collins’ best selling futuristic young adult novel THE HUNGER GAMES. Collins will adapt the screenplay from her novel, the first in a trilogy. Nina Jacobson is producing through her Color Force shingle. The announcement was made by Joe Drake, Lionsgate President, Motion Picture Group, and Co-Chief Operating Officer.

“The Hunger Games” was published by Scholastic last year, and has been singled out for raves by “Twilight” author Stephenie Meyer. The trilogy’s eagerly anticipated second installment, “Catching Fire,” is due out September 1, 2009.

Lionsgate President of Motion Picture Production, Alli Shearmur, will oversee the production for the studio, along with Lionsgate Senior Vice President of Motion Picture Production, Jim Miller.

Said Shearmur, “THE HUNGER GAMES is an incredible property and it is a thrill to bring it home to Lionsgate. This is the exactly the kind of movie I came to Lionsgate to make: youthful, exciting, smart and edgy. We are looking forward to working with Nina and Suzanne to create a movie that satisfies audiences’ hunger for high-quality entertainment.”

Said Jacobson, “I am thrilled to have Lionsgate as a partner in THE HUNGER GAMES.

The suspense of THE HUNGER GAMES is heightened by its spirit of moral inquiry, and Suzanne has entrusted Lionsgate and me to bring that moral perspective to the adaptation – a charge we fully intend to honor.”

The deal was negotiated for Lionsgate by Miller and Robert Melnik, Lionsgate Executive Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs; and by Jason Dravis of Monteiro/Rose/Dravis, on behalf of Collins and Color Force.

SYNOPSIS

A dystopic Capitol requires its twelve subjugated districts to pay tribute in the form of a teenage boy and girl who are forced to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. When Katniss Everdeen’s little sister is chosen in the lottery, Katniss volunteers to take her place. Although persevering through hardship is commonplace for Katniss, she must start making choices that weigh survival against humanity and life against love in order to win the games and return home.

Since its publication in September 2008, Suzanne Collins's award-winning novel “The Hunger Games” has appeared on the New York Times bestseller list for 25 consecutive weeks to date, and rights for 32 foreign-language editions have been licensed. “The Hunger Games” won the 2008-9 Cybils Award for Young Adult Fantasy & Science Fiction. It was named a New York Times Notable Book of 2008; a 2008 Horn Book Fanfare Book; a Publishers Weekly Best Book of 2008; a School Library Journal Best Book of 2008; a 2008 Booklist Editors' Choice; a New York Times Book Review Editors' Choice; and a Kirkus Best Book of 2008.

Pitt and Portman to Star in Artifacts

According to Variety, Paramount Pictures has attached Brad Pitt and Natalie Portman to star in a film based on the new Leanne Shapton book Important Artifacts and Personal Property from the Collection of Lenore Doolan and Harold Morris, Including Books, Street Fashion, and Jewelry.

Pitt's Plan B is set to produce along with Portman's Handsomecharlie Films banner.

"Artifacts" is set up like an estate auction catalog with 325 entries and photographs depicting items that reveal the private moments and the rise and fall of a four-year relationship between the fictitious couple Hal Morris, a 40ish photographer who will be played by Pitt, and Lenore Doolan, a New York Times food columnist in her late 20s, to be played by Portman.

Mission Impossible 4 on the Way?

While appearing on popular Japanese TV show Smap Smap (great name!), kooky actor Tom Cruise was asked about another installment of the Mission: Impossible franchise.

Cruise revealed that he is moving forward on the fourth film and is working on the story right now!!! Cruise also commented that during his Japan visit, he's been considering how to stage a big ol’ action sequence in downtown Tokyo! Cooool…

So are we talking about a Mission: Impossible taking place in Tokyo? Could be. Or maybe he was just being nice. Like, maybe if he was in Winnipeg, he’s say, “You know, I have my eye on a crazy snow fight sequence right here in your fair city…” and the audience would go wild!

The Expendables; Whitaker out, 50 Cent in.

facepalm4.jpg

Ron Moore Talks 'The Thing'

IGN was lucky enough to catch a special screening in New York this week of the Battlestar Galactica finale (everyone dies… wait, everyone lives… wait, we're not giving any plot details away!) and afterwards we grabbed the show's mastermind and executive producer Ronald D. Moore to chat about his in-development remake/reboot of the John Carpenter classic The Thing.

First off, Moore notes that writing a feature for a studio (Universal in this case) is a very different beast than running a TV show.

"I did my drafts," he says. "They were happy. They have a director and, you know, it's the feature world and I'm not the key player so we just wait and see if they're going to greenlight it or not. I'm not the chef. I'm the short-order cook who comes in and does my thing and we'll see what they want to serve."

That director is Matthijs van Heijningen Jr., who is also attached to helm the zombie project Army of the Dead for producer Zack Snyder (Watchmen). Additionally, Moore points out that the new film will not be a sequel or a reboot to the Carpenter film but more of a contemporary, of a sort, of the 1982 flick.

"Well, it's not a remake," he says. "It's really a companion piece to the Carpenter version. We're telling the story of the Norwegian camp that found the Thing before the Kurt Russell group did, so it's very buried in the continuity [and] it's supposed to be the other story that you saw part of. So we didn't want to reinvent it. It was really much the opposite. We really wanted to have this flow seamlessly into what he did."

Interesting…

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/963/963830p1.html

Green Lantern to Start Filming in September

MTV reports that Green Lantern will officially begin shooting in mid-September.

Green Lantern producer Donald De Line said, “We are leaving for Australia Wednesday night with Martin Campbell, our director, to go scout in Sydney and Melbourne. We plan on starting to shoot mid-September in Australia.”

The film is due to hit theaters on December 17th, 2010.

Costner and Jones Co-Star in The Company Men

According to Variety, Kevin Costner and Tommy Lee Jones are set to star in The Company Men, an indie drama about the impact that a corporate downsizing has on its employees.

John Wells wrote the script and will direct the film, which will start production in April.

Ben Affleck, who signed on for the film last fall, will play a corporate hotshot whose Porsche and six-figure salary vanish after he gets laid off.

Costner is set to play Affleck's brother-in-law, a salt-of-the-earth drywall installer who gives him a construction job.

Jones plays a senior partner in the firm, a principled man who struggles with the greedy actions of his partners.

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs Trailer

Looks interesting enough, but I'm still awaiting 2D movies to make a comeback, hopefully, Disney truly delivers.

Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs looks like pretty much the perfect animated movie for kids... and everyone else. Do want.

Oh wow! That..actually looks pretty cool. XD It kind of reminds me of Monsters vs Aliens, but that's probably just because there's, I just noticed, more human CG animation and not over-used comedy capers from animals. >.>

Maybe after Princess and the Frog, 2D animation will return? 8D;