Awoo.

Unrealistic Sonic game ideas!

Wentos

I'd love to see some kind of class-based multiplayer game. Well okay, I use the term "class" a bit loosely, but I do like the thought of Tails giving rides to people in a game of Capture The Flag. Hell, some multiplayer more in line with Sonic's expectations that has some actual metagame value, even that much I'd still appreciate.

• Thumbs Up 2

A 2D side scrolling racing game featuring a large cast of characters that are all based round a generic Sonic gameplay but each with their own individual abilities.

Though I also like what the Cheese said, some sort of 3D multiplayer game where characters work together in teams. Kinda like SRB2 and their capture the flag/ring shoot games but with more focus of team actions, perhaps a bit like Advance 3.

I'd love to see some kind of class-based multiplayer game. Well okay, I use the term "class" a bit loosely, but I do like the thought of Tails giving rides to people in a game of Capture The Flag. Hell, some multiplayer more in line with Sonic's expectations that has some actual metagame value, even that much I'd still appreciate.

Ya mean something like Tribes Ascend?

I'd love for another RPG. I'd like the gameplay to be more like Paper Mario or Mario & Luigi. That's what I was hoping for in Chronicles. Chronicles had a great story and did a good job with most of the characters (Especially Knuckles), but it suffered in gameplay, graphics and music.

I also want a fully 3D game that takes 8-10 hours to beat, without crappy filler. But Sonic Team can't do something like that apparently.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic: Mobius Asylum. You know you want it.

Edited by Dark Energon Johnny
  • Thumbs Up 3

If there was a Sonic game made like Metroid or the later Castlevanias, that would be kinda weird, as Sonic would automatically have the Speed Booster in a way from Metroid games, and how would the endings work if there were no Chaos Emeralds?

• Thumbs Up 1

Have more playable characters besides Sonic only. And a longer game to beat plz. Colours and Generations were so short you could beat them in less than a day. =/

A real GTA and Sonic crossover.

Obviously this wouldn't happen at all since Sonic wouldn't shoot people. tongue.png

Um...

250px-Shadow_the_Hedgehog_Coverart.png

Yeah, they already did it.

Edited by Felix
  • Thumbs Up 2

Ya mean something like Tribes Ascend?

Well, not exactly. Not that I've actually played the game personally yet, but from what I gather the "Classes" in Tribes are seperated by little more than stat and weaponry changes. There's not necessarily anything wrong with that, but it lacks the same kind of synergy classes have towards each other in a more traditional game of classes - a host of potential character interactions that creates an intricate web of situational tactics not a whole lot of other games can accomplish. Even the otherwise bog-standard Solider in a game of TF2 can still get around and catch people off-guard by rocket jumping around the place.

When you jury-rig the Sonic cast as an individual listing of character classes, most of the roles are practically already set in stone just going by what we already know of them. Sonic using allies and enemies alike as stepping stones? Silver doing one-man area denial with TK throws? Bean zoning the shit out of the place with bomb spam? Sometimes I feel it's just a wonder we've never seen any of that shit in a competitive environment yet.

Jet the Hawk playable in a main series game.

This too. Riders 1 was nice and all, but I'm more interested in how some vauge turpulence-based character gimmick could work in a platforming game to be honest.
  • Thumbs Up 1

>Unrealistic

Every game in the series?

Lol jokes aside, A Tales/Sonic crossover *shot*

*EDIT*

I still wanna see Sonic and The Bible happen.

"Hey, Jesus, how about a race across this body of water?"

spongebob_rape_face_by_swishygirl.jpg

Edited by Solkia-kun
  • Thumbs Up 1

Even better, Have Big the Cat play the role of Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 1

The problem with this is, knowing Sega, in the end sonic would be the real Jesus.

And that would not end well....

A rhythm-based game where Sonic is controlled by the 'instrument' controller. Hitting the drum or playing the guitar from the Guitar Hero/Rock Band games to the beat of songs from past games will cause Sonic to jump/slide/attack, and not following the onscreen notes will make the Hedgehog's face have an unpleasant encounter with the fist of a Badnik, or cause him to dispose of himself in a nearby pit. Kind of strange, but I like this idea!

Or a Mario/Sonic platformer where we can play as Mario in levels like Rooftop Run or Sonic in levels like Yoshi Star Galaxy. Sonic could rescue Peach and ride Yoshi while Mario could go Super and foil Dr. Robotnik's schemes. This is less unrealistic I think...?

Knuckles Adventure. LOL. But it takes place in ancient Echidna tribe times. Knuckles, his great, great (12x) great grandfather, and a more badass version of Tikal are playable characters. Lots of jungles, ruins, tombs and volcanoes :)

• Thumbs Up 2

A platformer game with someone beside Sonic playable, we all know that's never going to happen.

• Thumbs Up 5

I have 2 major ideas that'll never happen, and for good reasons... but I'll share one for now:

9h57bl.jpg

THE FROGGENING

Basically, it's a game starring Big the Cat.

"But Indigo! Big is the least loved character in the series!"

"The critics would rate it so low because it's Big!"

"How can you make a game about a cat who fishes?"

"Can you direct me to the nearest washroom?"

All these questions can be answered in my brief (not brief (brief)) description about this game!

Story

Here's the skinny (fat): Big is chillin' in his hut in the Mystic Ruins when Froggy just up and disappears! In a blinding flash of light, Froggy is gone! Big obviously won't have any of that, so he sets out across the globe to find his tailed polliwog pal. As Big travels, he pays little mind to the adventures that Sonic and friends are going on at the time - something about a black hedgehog that looks like Sonic and a giant space station with a mustache. Whatever, gotta find that frog. By the way, if you didn't get the hint, this game takes place during Sonic Adventure 2, explaining Big's cameos (to an extent)

So as it turns out, because of Froggy's slight connection with Chaos, he was swept up in a little Chaos Control warp that was caused by Shadow as he passed by the hut sensing Chaos energy. With nothing to find, he warped out, accidentally taking Froggy with him, and dropping him off some random place. Anyway, that's the explanation for Froggy's disappearance. As the game progresses, Big travels across some levels from SA2, as well as some completely new ones. The game ends in a boss fight against top-secret Artificial Chaos experiment! No... Big doesn't fish inside of his liquid body, he actually fights it.

BUT HOW CAN BIG FIGHT?!

Gameplay

Obviously, Big isn't fast, and therefore his gameplay won't involved springs, boosters and loop-de-loops. But Big IS strong, and has a fishing rod! You'll obviously have a jump to platform with, as well as a belly-flop attack.. and perhaps some traditional lifting, throwing and punching. Big's a tough dude, you know. He can also swim, so that's a plus! But then there's his fishing rod! How do you fight and platform with a fishing rod?

You give it attachments:

General fishing rod - used to hit enemies like a weapon, fish for goodies in the water. Basic stuff. Also, if you aim it at an enemy, you can bore that hook into a robot and rip it's CPU right out! Harsh!

Umbrella attachment - seen in Heroes - used for safely gliding down, catching air, and maybe even underwater currents! Also, shielding projectiles.

Grappling hook attachment - used to latch onto certain obstacles to cross large chasms and to swing around things. Kinda like in Wind Waker, except your a big cat with a LOT of momentum!

Crossbow - hey, if it can turn into an umbrella, it can turn into a crossbow! Used as a projectile weapon, can activate switches, etc.

Giant spiked flail of doom - that thing in Heroes! Big uses a giant ball-and-chain for attacking enemies, breaking tough structures, and other cool stuff.

So with Big's standard jump and flop, punching attacks, swimming ability, and his many fishing rod attachments, you have the makings of a pretty solid action game, I think! You can have traditional fishing as a mini-game and perhaps use the fish you catch to trade it in for gold rings or tokens... for which you can buy unlockable things such as alternate costumes or maybe a secret level.

Now, obviously this is unrealistic because it breaks tradition in many ways, and stars an unpopular character. But if Big was more popular and SEGA was willing to take a risk with a spin-off, I'd vouch for a Big game such as this!

THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL.

;-;

• Thumbs Up 1

I have 2 major ideas that'll never happen, and for good reasons... but I'll share one for now:

9h57bl.jpg

THE FROGGENING

*Epicness*

I don't see how this is unrealistic or at least I want to believe it isn't

Edited by Cero
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble 2 (Which comes with a hand-drawn, remastered version of the original).

Something starring Tails and Knuckles having to save Sonic. Like Mario is Missing without Weegee, except fun.

Indigo, you didn't answer the last question. :V

Sonic 3CD and Knuckles 4 and Junkles and Knuckers.

A Clusterfuck Adventure. You play as the lovable beatnik and rasta through the land of Mobismoke distributing samples of medicinal weed and bongos to bring joy to the people. As you run through the world's 69 levels you collect marijuana leaves to increase your "high" metre. Once it's filled you can start seeing crazy shit and running up walls, jumping on brightly coloured enemies and running at high speeds through vivid colour changing environments filled with morphing fish-birds in the background. Every now and then you can venture to the underwater city of Atlantis and deal your weed and bongos to aliens from the Sun. After all that, you find the final boss to be a super sized Pothead the Porcupine head. Think Andross, but high.

Edited by SiLeNt PyRrH0n
  • Thumbs Up 4