Awoo.

Unrealistic Sonic game ideas!

Wentos

They both were. Sonic Generations had some fantastic ideas, but what we got wasn't that much. There was so much potential wasted. It's very disappointing by my standards.

Each to his own I suppose, but I really enjoyed Generations. It wasn't perfect, but I don't think there's a game out there I'd consider perfect. Not Mario Galaxy 2. Not even Skyward Sword, and Zelda is my second favourite game series of all time (behind Sonic of course)

Can I just say, the Sonic rhythm game idea is truly fantastic! I really want it to happen.

• Thumbs Up 3

Riiiiight, because Generations TOTALLY wasn't a good game.

Don't forget Colours!

And I agree. Let's not make this a problem.

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm just saying Generations was a great game. You might not like it, but the number of people who played it and enjoyed it far outnumbered the people who didn't.

Unlike that OTHER game.

A Mario and Sonic Platformer. So many people including me want it, yet it has an extremely slim chance of happening :(

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

A Sonic game that uses the rock-paper-scissors gameplay of Megaman, how in the name of Loki's daughter Hel would that work?

You play as Amy Rose, and you chase Sonic in a variety of levels. Oh yeah, and Amy can use the boost now.

Wasn't Amy techniquely already doing that in Sonic Heroes-chasing Sonic.

You play as Amy Rose, and you chase Sonic in a variety of levels. Oh yeah, and Amy can use the boost now.

I like this. It would be like a PG-level Predator game.

• Thumbs Up 1

A game where Amy isn't annoying.

She wasn't annoying in sonic CD. Mind you Amy didn't talk then.

A game without Sonic, maybe the chaotix's team could work. Why not, it worked before. SEGA heading into spin-off territory and expanding the reach of the franchise.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

She wasn't annoying in sonic CD. Mind you Amy didn't talk then.

A game without Sonic, maybe the chaotix's team could work. Why not, it worked before. SEGA heading into spin-off territory and expanding the reach of the franchise.

So.. Knuckles' Chaotix 2, minus Knuckles?
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...

An S3K remake with the Adventure engine. The ENGINE. No big or gamma or... well maybe Amy and Shadow as an unlockable. Just imagine... S3&K in 3D with the Adventure control. But... the sad reality of it ever coming true D:

Sent from my SCH-I200PP using Tapatalk

Sequel to Tails Adventure. Anybody?

A Sonic game with a "Create a Character" feature.

*shot*

That would be awesome! OH OH, and your character will join the "Freedom Fighters" and stop Eggman from enslaving allkind!

A game focusing on Silver, Blaze, and Eggman Nega, as well as their own world and what comprises it. Even after the Rush games and '06, I'm still kind of curious to learn more about their backstories and powers. Shadow got his own game that explained all that, so I think it'd only be fair that those characters got their chance. Just something to flesh out the series more and make it feel like a universe again.

Although, I'm not sure if I'd want a full spinoff game or simply a Sonic game with that focus (i.e. a crisis happens in their world and Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles show up to stop it). Either way, I'd like to play as Blaze and Silver again and see their gameplay improved and refined. With the right writing crew, perhaps even their characterizations could be redeemed after their '06 incarnations.

Alas, I still see this as unrealistic knowing that Sega wouldn't dare make another Sonic spinoff game of this magnitude, let alone let any characters besides the main cast play a major role in a game.

Sonic 5 anyone?

Yeah, I'm sure Sonic 4 puts a bad taste in everyone's mouth over a sequel to the Sonic Genesis titles, but if it wasn't episodic, Sonic Team were given the reigns from Dimps, and we add the same basic playable cast from Sonic Advance, albeit with levels that actually tried to do something new, I'm sure we'd all be in for a treat. It's never going to happen of course, or at least not in the foreseeable future, but there's no doubt it would have a high chance of being hailed as one of the best Sonic games in years.

A spinoff I think could also fit well is a Jet Set Radio/Sonic crossover.

jet_sonic_radio_by_brandokay.jpg

Come on, Sonic and CO. on roller skates in a cel shaded art style, grinding and spraying graffiti would be just plain awesome. Add a bitchin' soundtrack from Hideki Naganuma and other artists, while speeding up JSR'S gameplay and combining it with Sonic would be like the best of both worlds for me.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'd like to see more of blaze's world, maybe a rush 3? We have has the equivalent of Sonic 1 and 2, with Rush adventure introducing blaze's version of Tails so maybe we could get blaze's version of knuckles. Maybe he is really welcoming and a pacifist to contrast him from Knuckes, and is a female

Joining the Sonic 5 bandwagon.

I think if it was designed by a team who actually played the Classics and analysed what made them so great, they could make a pretty good successor.

The problem is dealing with the "it can never be as good as the classics" sentiment, which becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy due to the simple fact people have already conditioned themselves to be hostile towards it.

Overall though, the concept of Sonic 4 is a brilliant one, as it cashes in on the retro market. I just think they need a better, more creative design team.

Also retcon Sonic 4 out of existence and use the Classic design. Aesthetics go a long way.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder how long it will take for someone to say: "a good Sonic game".

But seriously, how about a Sims X Sonic crossover. It would be a FanFiction writer's dream.

EDIT: Oh no, mods have already done it.

Sims_2___Sonic_and_Tails_by_Rodolomoko.j

Now I'm imagining a Sonic dating sim. Annnnd the fandom goes wild!

We must be happy that at least SEGA has more respect for their characters than Namco does, on that front.