Awoo.

Staff changes among Sonic Team.

Kuzu

Considering the recent string of games, and the past ones; does anyone else feel some of the staff should be removed or replaced, or at least they need a new direction on where to take this series?

No firing/replacing necessary imo. They're just finding their footing.

• Thumbs Up 4

That won't really change anything. It's SEGA that gives the orders to ST and they will still play it safe and continue to milk the series with games that are copycats of previous titles with new stages (that aren't that creative and can be found in previous games with different names). COD syndrome infected Sonic with Unleashed.

It's sad but true.

If I had to replace someone it would be creative Director, Iizuka and Story writters. Unless we want another Unleashed DLC pack then they can stay.

Edited by HUNTER297
  • Thumbs Up 2

I would like some new blood in the series, but I don't know about PERMANENTLY replacing Iizuka. I could use a break from Baldy McNosehair, though it seems the Colors writers aren't going in the cheesy joke direction anytime soon.......meh, I think the staff we have is fine, they just (as Solkia would put it) need to get their heads out of they bumholes.

Why? Just because they aren't adding additional characters like everyone wants them too. Besides the recent games have showed that the staff has showed some progress. Changing the staff isn't going to make things drastically better.

• Thumbs Up 6

I think they could definitely stand to be a bit more ambitious in certain areas such as plot, interesting/unique gimmicks in the stages...but I find everything else in the series to be fine. I like the Unleashed game play, the level design has been improving gradually, the graphical designers know what they're doing, and the audio department is always fantastic.

A slight change in direction would be fine. But I feel that the Unleashed/Colors team have found a good footing for here on out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why? Just because they aren't adding additional characters like everyone wants them too.
  • Thumbs Up 8

I don't agree with this saying in this situation. That's the kind of thinking that leads to Call of Duty 9.

I just want new gameplay. I don't need it to be Adventure like, I don't want Unleashed. I don't even need Extra Characters. I just want something fresh. Sonic is turning into Call of Duty and that's my problem.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm just gonna say that I like how it's stagnation if it uses a formula you don't like, but if it uses a formula you do like, it's "consistently great". The double standard is just astounding.

Anyway like Diogenes said I don't know who's responsible for what. I'd just say inject some new people, not replace like everyone, to add a different angle and maybe that spark.

• Thumbs Up 1

It is when we're talking about video games, NOT the companies.

Also, replacing the current staff isn't the best answer. if Generations is anything to go by, people are still hating on Sonic's friends regardless if they're playable or not. I'm willing to bet if Sonic Team announces a new game tomorrow with somebody other then Sonic playable, everybody all over the net is going to use other playable characters as an reason why the game is horrible and it's already a failure.

I just want new gameplay. I don't need it to be Adventure like, I don't want Unleashed. I don't even need Extra Characters. I just want something fresh. Sonic is turning into Call of Duty and that's my problem.

No, because all they're producing is gameplay that's either shallow or broken.

What's the difference beetwen SEGA and Activision in these terms? Both are milking their flagship series with DLCs that they sell as new games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Agreed, but I'd like extra characters. Tails and Shadow are who introduced me to the series. Just make sure that if they do add them, they're optional. It would certainly help bring the Sonic series to a larger demographic.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think I'd want to see Hashimoto on the team again, maybe not as the leader, to prevent more ideas people wouldn't like, but as one of the main people working on the games along with Iizuka.

• Thumbs Up 1