Awoo.

Staff changes among Sonic Team.

Kuzu

Next time, read the previous messages before sticking your head in. I'm sick of repeating myself over and over to new-comers.

1. Again, control tweaks which doesn't differ anything.

2. Yes they do. They reuse the same models, same textures, etc.

3. Again, reusing the same formula is far from reusing the same game over and over.

*facepalm*

So what exactly is your argument, good sir?

You don't simply convince people you're right (or become more right) by constantly repeating the same ridiculous statements without backing them up and being overly snide.

Besides a lot of stuff gets reused in sequels because often games are built on top of each other. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Sonic 2 built on Sonic 1 and then 3 built on 2?

Edited by Semi-colon e
  • Thumbs Up 2

You still haven't explained what made the fucking Adventure games any different in that regard. And what are these "Ways" you speak of? Explain, I'm love to know really.

And next time don't dodge half the quote just to re-say what you've been saying the whole time thanks.

They share the same base mechanics, but play differently. Brand new movement, brand new homing attack, new roll-flip action. Introduces many new gameplay mechanics such as the bounce attack, grinding, completely different/vastly improved chao world. Brand new graphics.

Again this isn't the case with Generations. It introduces nothing new, and apart from minor control tweaks, nothing has changed.

And next time, don't assume everyone plays metroid and mother games. I don't know anything about those games, so I don't know how you expect me to respond to your statements on them.

*facepalm*

So what exactly is your argument, good sir?

More like you failed to understand.

I don't have too much of a problem with the formula. If they made something that played a bit differently and looked new, but still had the base Unleashed formula (Similar to how the Adventure games progressed) then they certainly wouldn't be hearing that many people complaining, but that's not what they're doing. They're releasing Sonic Unleashed over and over with new stages, which is basically DLC packs.

Same Formula =/= Same Game

They're not reusing the formula, they're reusing the same game.

Next time, read the previous messages before sticking your head in. I'm sick of repeating myself over and over to new-comers.

*Facepalm*

Consistent Art Style =/= Reusing the same graphics over and over

They could easily stick with the same art style in general, but also create different graphics to differ it from the previous titles, which isn't what they're doing. Again, Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 shared the same general art style, but both looked very different.

Dude, you're pissing me off now; so a series that uses a consistent artstyle is lazy, but changing it in every game isn't stupid at all.

They share the same base mechanics, but play differently. Brand new movement, brand new homing attack, new roll-flip action.

Okay, how does any of this factor into the gameplay?

Again this isn't the case with Generations. It introduces nothing new

That. Was. The. POINT. OF. THE. GAME. It was celebrating the 20th anniversary of Sonic by having Sonic go through the past in case you didn't know.
  • Thumbs Up 8

Dude, you're pissing me off now; so a series that uses a consistent artstyle is lazy, but changing it in every game isn't stupid at all.

Again.

You can stick with the same art style, but create new graphics to differ it from the previous titles. It's not hard, and has been done several times. Compare Sonic 1 to Sonic 3. Same art style, different graphics. Still a consistent look.

Someone needs to take a break, and possibly a glass of water.

And someone needs to actually know what the hell they're talking about, because you're doing an extremely poor job of doing it, yet you keep repeating as if you've actually said something.

Again, they share the same base gameplay mechanics, but both have a lot of gameplay differences. This isn't the case with Unleashed-Generations.

......What. Fucking. Differences. You ass. What the hell are you talking about? Am I supposed read your mind or something>

And someone needs to actually know what the hell they're talking about, because you're doing an extremely poor job of doing it, yet you keep repeating as if you've actually said something.

......What. Fucking. Differences. You ass. What the hell are you talking about? Am I supposed read your mind or something>

No, but you're supposed to read the replies. Where are these insults coming from? It's a video game, not life and death.

They share the same base mechanics, but play differently. Brand new movement, brand new homing attack, new roll-flip action. Introduces many new gameplay mechanics such as the bounce attack, grinding, completely different/vastly improved chao world. Brand new graphics.

Again this isn't the case with Generations. It introduces nothing new, and apart from minor control tweaks, nothing has changed.

chao world

If you're gonna bring in shit like this, I'm gonna say how Werehog, Classic Sonic, and the Wisps play very differently to each other. Werehog plays as a brawler obviously with some platforming elements. Wisps are an in-level gimmick, powerups as you were. Classic Sonic is a vague interpretation of the purely 2D old school games, which, while it doesn't do a particularly good job, is still different to the rest.

While Adventure 1 has 6 play styles and Adventure 2 has 3, all 3 of those are tweaked versions of the ones from Adventure 1. And yet that's considered different while the side gameplay of the 3 Boost games isn't? (and one of these isn't even side, it's part of the singular main gameplay)

Edited by Semi-colon e

You can stick with the same art style, but create new graphics to differ it from the previous titles. It's not hard, and has been done several times. Compare Sonic 1 to Sonic 3. Same art style, different graphics. Still a consistent look.

Okay, now answer me this: How, exactly, are Generations's visuals so "samey" with Unleashed's? Even Rooftop Run looks rather different from how it appeared in the latter game.

Again.

What the fuck does create new graphics mean?

Are you saying they shouldn't use the Hedgehog Engine because it is using the same "Graphics" Every Modern game? What?

I'm seriously just about to drop this.

No, but you're supposed to read the replies. Where are these insults coming from? It's a video game, not life and death.

I love how you're bringing the "IT'S JUST A VIDEO GAME" excuse to make anyone who dare challenges your arguement look like they are being the fools.

Edited by DarkLightDragon

If you're gonna bring in shit like this, I'm gonna say how Werehog, Classic Sonic, and the Wisps play very differently to each other.

While Adventure 1 has 6 play styles and Adventure 2 has 3, all 3 of those are tweaked versions of the ones from Adventure 1. And yet that's considered different while the side gameplay of the 3 Boost games isn't? (and one of these isn't even side, it's part of the singular main gameplay)

I've already explained this. All I'm doing is repeating myself to those who don't bother to read the previous messages. I give up.

I've already explained this. All I'm doing is repeating myself to those who don't bother to read the previous messages. I give up.

I was on about the alternate gameplays, not the differences between the main Sonic gameplays between sequels. Especially as you brought in Chao stuff which isn't really that relevant.

But yeah, I'm done also, this is retarded. Debates shouldn't be purely about winning or losing, sometimes you've gotta actually listen to the other side and if their points make no sense, challenge them, or if they do make sense, admit that.

Edited by Semi-colon e

I hate it when I can't tell if we're being trolled or not. Nearly a decade on the internet and I still can't tell.

What the fuck does create new graphics mean?

Are you saying they shouldn't use the Hedgehog Engine because it is using the same "Graphics" Every Modern game? What?

I'm seriously just about to drop this.

I'm saying they shouldn't reuse the same graphics over and over, but create new ones with the same art style to give each game a fresh look, but remaining consistent.

I think I can kind of see where -L- is coming from by saying that the boost games aren't VASTLY different in terms of base mechanics and gameplay style, because they're not. HOWEVER, that DOESN'T mean that the latter games are DLC packs of the first, because if that were the case then everything with a boost after Sonic Rush would be DLC. HOWEVER, this also applies to the Adventure titles, no matter how you spin it, though the physics are different, they're still way more similar than L is making them out to be and more importantly, share the same linear stage design in some respects, at least with Unleashed and Generations the stage design was improved. Can't we all just get along? D;

I'm saying they shouldn't reuse the same graphics over and over, but create new ones with the same art style to give each game a fresh look, but remaining consistent.

Sooooo cel-shading? Go play episode 1 /:V

Brand new movement,
What?

brand new homing attack,
What's different about it.

new roll-flip action.
...what?

Introduces many new gameplay mechanics such as the bounce attack, grinding,
Legitimate differences, but is this seriously all you're complaining about? Generations added the skill system, changed how drifting controls, separated the homing attack and the air boost, and added the trick system. That may not be quite as much as SA to SA2, but the difference is pretty insignificant.

And next time, don't assume everyone plays metroid and mother games. I don't know anything about those games, so I don't know how you expect me to respond to your statements on them.
Everyone should play Metroid and Mother, first of all, and second I don't think people should refrain from using popular games as examples on the off chance that you haven't played them.

You can stick with the same art style, but create new graphics to differ it from the previous titles.
And how is this not what Generations did?
  • Thumbs Up 5

No more Unleashed clones?

I hope so.

Generations felt like a modded Sonic Unleashed game.

Why people went wild over it i do not know.

This might just be me, but I only see a few similarities between Unleashed and Colors/Generations. Colors and Generations have the same graphics because they were pretty much in production at the same time, so that's why they mostly use the same models for the characters and etc.

• Thumbs Up 2

Generations felt like a modded Sonic Unleashed game.

Why people went wild over it i do not know.

Because it's fun to them. What's so hard to understand about that?

Because it's fun to them. What's so hard to understand about that?

How someone can still find Unleashed's shallow gameplay fun.
  • Thumbs Up 1

This thread is basically just a bunch of people bashing their head against a wall that just won't budge. The whole notion of sequels being DLC packs is obviously just a view used by one person that just won't make sense to others (myself included). I honestly had to skip a few posts over the last few pages (!) just to get to page 8, where it is still going on. Will the thread ever go back on topic or can I safely step out now?

I can see why one would want more to change between sequels, but man.

Edited by Mykonos

Colors and Generations have the same graphics

*looks at Planet Wisp*

D'uuhh.... D;

so that's why they mostly use the same models for the characters

Oh, nevermind