Awoo.

A few interesting easter eggs I spotted in SG

MeteorSmash

Woah, nods to previous games in a game made to nod previous games!

Sonic does his Sonic Adventure pose as a trick finished iirc....

When was the shadster in crisis city?

Most likely a character hack.

• Thumbs Up 1

When was the shadster in crisis city?

It's the PC version mod that's been around for a while.

Woah, nods to previous games in a game made to nod previous games!

Sonic does his Sonic Adventure pose as a trick finished iirc....

When I got my 360 version I could notice he did some sort of trick in the distance ... but of course there's no way you can spot it that way... it wasn't until a few days ago that I decided to record with Fraps and then pause it out of curiosity, and I was actually surprised at first to find out he was posing that way.

Is that a pose Shadow does at some point during the fight with him, or was it unused? Interesting that it's there either way.

EDIT: And, just as I ask, it is answered. :P

Edited by Mykonos

Sonic does do his Sonic Adventure DC's pose as a combo end.

I never noticed Charmy's though. Nice find!

Is that a pose Shadow does at some point during the fight with him, or was it unused? Interesting that it's there either way.

EDIT: And, just as I ask, it is answered. tongue.png

If you have the Shadow mod, this happens whenever you do a homing attack or tricks.

If you have the Shadow mod, this happens whenever you do a homing attack or tricks.

Sadly the PC version's demo wouldn't even recognize my graphics card so I couldn't even attempt to play it. I have the 360 version of the game, haha.

That SA2 artwork of Shadow always made me think he had 6 fingers.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sounds like it's the doing of the modder in that case.

Sounds like it's the doing of the modder in that case.

No, it isn't, as the animation for homing attacks and tricks are the same as the Final Rush Shadow.

There's a bit in Crisis City Classic that's a nod to that one special ramp in Palm Tree Panic.

Can you guess which one it is?

There's a bit in Crisis City Classic that's a nod to that one special ramp in Palm Tree Panic.

Can you guess which one it is?

After the looooooooop.

Anyway Planet Wisp Act 2 is pretty interesting in that it's essentially an abridged version of all the acts. Often this is obvious, but in some places it's subtle.

Act 1's beginning in the field is there, complete with the plant bridge thing about you. The drift segments in this field section are much like the ones later in Acts 1, 3 and 4, where you drift around corners often on that light coloured ground. The first factory segment is clearly a homage to Acts 1, 2, and parts of 5 and 6, with the going to the right 2D stuff. The 3D part of the factory in the Quick Step section is a homage to Acts 1 and 3, with their own multi-tiered Quick Step sections. The falling platforms before the ramp and the giant tower section are obvious homages to Act 4. However, at the very end, you're going up and up and up in an essentially straight line, with the building in the background that is a segment much like the end of Act 6. Additionally, Act 6's goal ring is on a generic 2D platform with some moving platforms below it, and the level kind of ends almost randomly. Generations Planet Wisp also has this.

I love spotting all the little level references in the levels of Generations, it's one of my favourite things to do there :P

Edited by Semi-colon e
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sonic does do his Sonic Adventure DC's pose as a combo end.

That's a leftover from Unleashed. It's used in his A-Rank animation, which ends with his Advance 1 pose.

That's a leftover from Unleashed. It's used in his A-Rank animation, which ends with his Advance 1 pose.

The SA pose is used in Unleashed? I never noticed, you sure? But I did realize his A rank final pose was that of Sonic Advance 1

The SA pose is used in Unleashed? I never noticed, you sure? But I did realize his A rank final pose was that of Sonic Advance 1

You tell me.

sa1_pose_in_sonic_unleashed__by_theultimatesonicfan2-d4edm4w.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5