Awoo.

Sonic & Megaman: When Worlds Collide [Archie]

Autosaver

Do you think Archie will eventually release a comic with the full storyline in one big comic/book?

Do you think Archie will eventually release a comic with the full storyline in one big comic/book?

I suggested that few pages back. But the big question is what the page limit will be and whether or not it'll result it having to be in separate volumes.

One final note: There's nothing in those wine glasses.  

Actually there is. Right by Ivo's index finger you can barely see a liquid line - it's probably champagne.

Drinking and driving should not be encouraged, though. This is what happens when we take away the Comic Code Authority seal on the front cover. Next they would be insinuating in this madness that Batman and Robin are in a relationship.  ;P

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of want to semi-bump this thread because I thought of something that would be really cool, but likely not to happen.

Am I the only one who thinks it be sweet if when the crossover is drawing near, Archie would do this animated trailer like they did with the launch of Mega Man?

I know this type of thing is relatively simple to do, but goddamn if it doesn't make me all giddy inside.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sorry but eww, I have to say those look tacky. Like someone made them in 2 mins max. There's a reason sprites are made for small handheld consoles; they look darn hideous up close.  It's like all thought of perspective and artistic composition was thrown out the door. I mean what am I looking at here?  A horribly  pixelated  Sonic is about to kick a slightly less pixelated Bass in the face. And Bass is... er.. jumping? Maybe he's gonna eat Sonic's foot? And in the background we have Protoman standing on a pixelated building.. for some reason... and an old school Tails sprite flying in the Tornado, and random Gutsman  with his arm up in the air (Least I think that's who that is, not very good at recognizing Megaman Chars). Yeah... Er, what?

The second cover is a little better. Least the Metal Sonic sprite looks like it fits with the Megaman one. But then we have Eggman in the back... for no clear reason... I mean what's he shooting that laser for? There's nothing there. All it does is get in the way of Rush's rocket blast and makes it look like Rush's engines are exploding. At least the Eggman sprite's colors were muted a bit to fit in the background. Also the background choice is much better than the first. There's some interesting colors here and the mechanized ground of Stardust speedway works with the Megaman sprite. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It's times like thus I wish I had the money to buy these things and that I could subscribe to Archie from England!

It's times like these I wish I had the money to buy these things and that I could subscribe to Archie from England!

Man they are really pumping out the Variant Covers for this thing.

This one is pretty cool too.

I feel horrible for saying this, but, as a follower of the comics: I'm not really interested in this crossover, as much as I am in the Sonic Underground conclusion issue.

But who knows. Since I collect the comics I'll have to read them anyway, so maybe it'll interest me. I doubt I'll get the 4 Megaman issues, though.

Eh, I'm not really interested in the Sonic Underground thing, but I'm simultaneously not too interested in the crossover either, so we're in similar boats. I'm just watching out for the covers, really. 

I wasn't that bummed out by SU getting delayed either despite having some nostalgia for it (I skipped an entire day of school just to watch it if you can believe) and for people saying ''Oh, it must be getting a 4-issue arc, that must be why it got delayed."

Nope. Ian confirmed it on Bumbleking that it's still going to be one issue, so take it as you will.

As for the crossover, I've said before but I'll say it again, it honestly sounds more promising than Archie has done for me lately since I pretty much dropped the comics sans for a couple exceptions like the game tie-ins and the special poster magazine. Needless to say, I've enjoyed Mega Man a lot more than I did with Archie Sonic.

I just have a pet liking for Manic for some reason, which is the real source of my interest. Plus it's always nice to wrap stuff up...

With Ian's talents, I wouldn't be surprised if what he can churn out in 30 pages is better than what DiC could in 39 episodes.

I wasn't that bummed out by SU getting delayed either despite having some nostalgia for it (I skipped an entire day of school just to watch it if you can believe) and for people saying ''Oh, it must be getting a 4-issue arc, that must be why it got delayed."

Oh you too? Underground was the only Sonic cartoon I had growing up
until Sonic X, so I was all too eager to fake a fever for 2/3 days to be
able to watch it in the mornings. :P

Putting up SU# 52 cover and solicit from the Archie thread since it'd be more relevant here.

SU_52.jpg

SONIC UNIVERSE #52
The second act of the epic Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man crossover event BEGINS HERE! "When Worlds Collide" Part Five of Twelve: Sonic, Mega Man, Tails and Proto Man enter the strange world of the Skull Egg Zone. They don't receive a warm welcome, either, as the Genesis Unit and Copy Robot attack! Drs. Eggman and Wily wait in the wings with an even more sinister surprise waiting to be unleashed! You cannot miss this action-packed issue, featuring new cover art by Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante, and choose YOUR favorite hero with the "Team Sonic" and "Team Mega Man" variant covers!
Script: Ian Flynn
Art: Tracy Yardley!, Terry Austin, Jack Morelli, and Thomas Mason
Cover: Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante, Jack Morelli, and Matt Herms
Team Sonic Variant: Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante, Tracy Yardley!, Matt Herms, and Thomas Mason
Team Mega Man Variant: Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante, Ryan Jampole, and Thomas Mason
On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 5/15
32-page, full color comic
$2.99 US.

Edited by DarkLightDragon
  • Thumbs Up 1

original.jpg

Sonic-249-megaman-pt-6.jpg

I'm loving the covers so far.

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #249
Script: Ian Flynn
Art: Tracy Yardley!, Terry Austin, Jack Morelli, and Thomas Mason
Cover: Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante
Throwback Variant Cover art compiled by Ryan Jampole
On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 5/29
32-page, full color comic
$2.99 US.
"When Worlds Collide" Part Six of Twelve: The crossover mega-event reaches its half-way point! On the eve of Sonic the Hedgehog's landmark 250th issue, Sonic, Tails, Mega Man and Proto Man are confronted by Drs. Eggman and Wily and the eight Roboticized Masters!  Why do they look so familiar to Sonic?  Do our heroes even stand a chance?! Featuring stunning new cover art from Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante, and a special 16-Bit pixel art variant cover!

...wait, ROBOTICIZED MASTERS?!

• Thumbs Up 3

I find it slightly amusing how most of the covers so far has Sonic confidently smiling while Mega Man has a determined deadpan frown. Makes me wonder how well they'll get along after their fight that lasts for the first four issues.

Also the 'roboticizied masters' I assume are on #52's cover sounds interesting. Are they really Amy, Shadow and Knuckles (plus a few others) roboticizied? If so I can assume how they'll manage to restore them and how... 

that could used to help with the current Mecha Sally problem once the crossover is done.

Apparently the weird Shadow, Amy and Knuckles freaks are meant to be the Copy Robot.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Apparently the weird Shadow, Amy and Knuckles freaks are meant to be the Copy Robot.

Yeah, that is true. Perhaps the solicit for #249 is misusing the term roboticization or #52's is misusing the term for Copy Robot.

Or they're just throwing us off. Take your pick.

EDIT: After re-reading the solicits, The Copy Robots and roboticized Masters could be two different sets of robots entirely and the roboticized masters are the 'sinister suprise' #52's solicit hinted at.

Edited by DarkLightDragon

• 3 weeks later...

Im crazy excited for this whole thing!! I got back into the comics starting with Megaman #1 and Sonic with the Genesis Arc. I really figured that they were going to do some type of crossover with both franchises but I thought it would be limited to an anniversary issue of Sonic Universe maybe an Universe arc at the most. But having 4 issues in each of the 3 comics definitely makes me a happy camper. Since we are never going to see a Sonic/Megaman game. (No matter how cool that would be.) This is definitely the next best thing in my opinion! 

• 1 month later...

Just saw this. This video is actually pretty cool.

Super Sonic & ... SUPER MEGAMAN?!?!?

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 1