Awoo.

Sonic & Megaman: When Worlds Collide [Archie]

Autosaver

Don't see how the title is misleading, it's a crossover, isn't his fault everyone is assuming it's a game tongue.png

I plan on picking these issues(?) up when they come out, been looking forward to something like this for awhile, game or not. Hope it's good

I don't find it misleading. As far as the comics go, STH is pretty good for me, and the MM series is decent so I might like it.

Countdown to 300: 2 posts...

• Thumbs Up 1

Need I say more?

OK, the games are fun but their plots suck.

Yeah, the storyline in the Avengers was not the high point of that movie.

Some aliens with really ineffective weapons invade and the biggest threat the heroes face after the bad guy's plan works perfectly is running out of ammunition? OK, I guess. You're really there for the character moments.

I'm not even sure that really counts as a crossover, considering that they all took place in the same continuity from day 1.

Oh, smash bros's plot is even worse, like 80% of the time spent in that story is due to the characters being portrayed as completely unable to communicate for some reason.

Next time say that instead.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic and Megaman? So, Sonic will be fighting (with) zombies?

Edited by MarcelloF

Yeah, the storyline in the Avengers was not the high point of that movie.

Some aliens with really ineffective weapons invade and the biggest threat the heroes face after the bad guy's plan works perfectly is running out of ammunition? OK, I guess. You're really there for the character moments.

I'm not even sure that really counts as a crossover, considering that they all took place in the same continuity from day 1.

Oh, smash bros's plot is even worse, like 80% of the time spent in that story is due to the characters being portrayed as completely unable to communicate for some reason.

So? When was it established that a crossover needed a good plot to be enjoyable? You even admitted it yourself that SSBB is still fun to play despite the quality of the story (although that can be considered more of a personal opinion).

Edited by Zinos

So? When was it established that a crossover needed a good plot to be enjoyable? You even admitted it yourself that SSBB is still fun to play despite the quality of the story (although that can be considered more of a personal opinion).

Well, this is a comic and not a game.

• Thumbs Up 3

Really hoping it's SEGA Sonic and not Archie Sonic. Just seems far more fitting to have the game universes collide rather than Mega Man (who from what I've read really sticks to the games) and Sonic and his Archie pals.

Archie Sonic likes to use that "In another time, in another place..." business, maybe this crossover would be perfect for that?

• Thumbs Up 3

I would be hilariously surprised if it wasn't Archie!Sonic in this seeing as both comics are written by the same guy.

Anyway, SEGA really sees no distinction between any version of Sonic, all they care about is his big blue face can be slapped onto things to make them some money they're not going to turn around and say "Yeah, do a crossover with Mega Man BUT MAKE SURE IT FITS INTO THE CANON THAT WE DON'T CARE ABOUT!"

Still, as a follower of both series, I am REALLY looking forwards to this!

• Thumbs Up 2

I would read the crossover issue.

I would've much proffered a game, but if this is all we're getting, fine.

Take what you can get:

Official announcement!

worldscollide.jpg

The official title is Sonic & Mega Man: When Worlds Collide. Also, holy crap, is this gonna be one MASSIVE event. It's a whopping TWELVE parts in all and will take up FOUR whole issues of Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe, and Mega Man!

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 9

Well, this is a comic and not a game.

Thing is though, when he said "all crossovers suck" I brought up videogame and film examples.

My interest in the comics has been restored a bit. (Although I say that in terms of ArchieSonic, as I stil do read Mega Man).

And 12 parts? Wow, at least that means there won't be any pacing issues, right?

Edited by DarkLightDragon

Hope they keep the timeline coherent here. The main series is really annoying with Universe soeties being after an issue etc. Best thing would be if the release schedule is Jan-Apr Main Sonic Crossover, May-AugMegaman Crossover then Sep-Dec Sonic Universe Crossover.

12?! That's a tad extreme! I'd have thought it'd be maybe four issues, two from Sonic and two from Mega Man. But TWELVE?!

Megaman?

Uh okay I guess, I sure hope they know what they're doing with this because 12 freaking issues sounds a liiiiittle too long. Oh well, I'm excited for this for the most part.

hohohoho my face when I saw Eggman and Wily in that image that was awesome mange trully awesome.

I don't really mind the length, Megaman and Sonic are two of my favorite videogame franchises, I'll take as much as they give.

Edited by Dr. Horrible

A blue hero that fights an evil scientist meets a blue hero that fights an evil scientist. Reminds of the death battle between Eggman and Wily.

neither of them one, they were both beaten by a blue robot hedgehog, Metal Sonic.

Who wants to bet that at some point in the series, Sonic will be down and Mega Man will copy his powers?

• Thumbs Up 2

Really hoping it's SEGA Sonic and not Archie Sonic. Just seems far more fitting to have the game universes collide rather than Mega Man (who from what I've read really sticks to the games) and Sonic and his Archie pals.

Archie Sonic likes to use that "In another time, in another place..." business, maybe this crossover would be perfect for that?

I'm hoping for this too. It would be such a waste to set this in the Archie Universe considering it's a crossover that's celebrating two big video game franchises.

Plus a lot of non-Archie readers are going to be looking at this, so it would only make sense to keep Sonic's cast to a minimum of actual game characters.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Saga better be entertaining as hell if they want it to be long.

Have each character poke fun the other's series.

Have Mega poke fun at Sonic for fighting "easy" robots.