Awoo.

Sonic & Megaman: When Worlds Collide [Archie]

Autosaver

I'm still wondering the reason in bringing Sonic Universe into the mix, I guess it's to have it more fleshed out as a whole?

Dang, on Sonic's #250th issue. Better have Mobius completely roboticized as the big shocker. Want to see character interactions as good as the Ducktales/ Darkwing Duck comic crossover.

Are they serious? 12 issues?

Wtf?

Its one thing to make a stupid shitty crossover that makes no sense for one issue but for twelve issues?? Theres no way the main comic series is not gonna suffer if all this attention is going into that crap.

Just seems like a cheap cash grab to me, their thinking how can we get Megaman comic buyers into Sonic and Sonic comic buyers to get into Megaman. Plus I'd expect this kind of stupid crossover pairing to come from fans not someone who actually runs a licensed part of Sonic. No Sonic and Mario in a canon game together is NOT a good idea and never is and the same can be said for a comic. though the comic is less likely to do damage.

Honestly can't see the point in this crossover besides appealing to people who are both fans of Sonic and Megaman (of which I assume this is one of Ian Flynn's fetish's) which I can't think there would be masses of people into this.

If they really wanted a pointless crossover why not make one that makes sense. Sonic and SEGA all stars racing transformed is due out in the near future, why not make a non-canon crossover seing Sonic characters meet with SEGA characters? Makes more sense than spending a whole years worth of issues indulging the writers SonicXMegaman fetish.

• Thumbs Up 1

Jesus, the archie characters arent that bad :/

@MasterBoard

Lol u so silly

Edited by The Noodle
  • Thumbs Up 3

I dunno man, im sure you have your reasons, but time and again I see a lot of shit dumped on pefrectly decent characters like Skyline, Bunnie, or hell even Rotor (imo) strictly because they'rwme not from the games. They are almost always generalized in one big pile and no one seems to actual judge them on their individual pros/cons, at least that's what I usually see.

• Thumbs Up 1

Being a fan of the sonic comics and mega man comics i am very excited for this! I dont see why people are complaining about it being 12 issues though I think the more the better.

Anyone else think Megaman's helmet has a similar shape to Sonic's eyes? It would be cool to see Sonic wearing it xD I don't like Archie comics but this looks interesting.

Edited by Justin Bieber

Im curious to see if metal sonic will be in this crossover and if he is will he be of any relevance to the plot?

• Thumbs Up 1

So... about that Sonic/Megaman crossover... it should prove to be quite interesting, yes?

Disliking them because they aren't from the games would be silly. I don't mind if they take liberties to create their own characters. For a long-running comic book like this, it might even be necessary at times... but do these characters need to take up so much spotlight? In my opinion, I don't think so.

Really, dude?

See here's the thing. Considering the fact that they don't get a lot of screen time to begin with, since the comic mostly focuses on the game cast more often I'd say it's fair to let other character be involved in some way. The stretch between the archie exclusives generally tend to be in the double digits before they come back and cause trouble.

And I think when they said, everyone I think that means the Archie exclusive characters are likely to make an appearance here as well. Since it's gonna be based in the Sonic Universe and Main Sonic and Megaman series from what they've told us, how in the hell would they stay out otherwise?

Are they serious? 12 issues?

Wtf?

Its one thing to make a stupid shitty crossover that makes no sense for one issue but for twelve issues?? Theres no way the main comic series is not gonna suffer if all this attention is going into that crap. Just seems like a cheap cash grab to me, their thinking how can we get Megaman comic buyers into Sonic and Sonic comic buyers to get into Megaman. Plus I'd expect this kind of stupid crossover pairing to come from fans not someone who actually runs a licensed part of Sonic. No Sonic and Mario in a canon game together is NOT a good idea and never is and the same can be said for a comic. though the comic is less likely to do damage.

Ironic considering that from what I've seen so far, the Megaman fans (comic or otherwise) are actually excited about this crossover as much as the Sonic comic readers are. Really, you're just ranting for the sake of ranting here. And if it was a cash grab, it could be a mighty brilliant one if it succeeds.

So, how is that a problem? Other than the fact that you don't like it yourself?

Honestly can't see the point in this crossover besides appealing to people who are both fans of Sonic and Megaman (of which I assume this is one of Ian Flynn's fetish's) which I can't think there would be masses of people into this.

Gee, what was your first clue as to why this crossover was made? There are fans of Sonic and fans of Megaman; Archie has the license to make comics for both video game characters, and since they have fans why not put them together like Marvel Vs Capcom?

If they really wanted a pointless crossover why not make one that makes sense. Sonic and SEGA all stars racing transformed is due out in the near future, why not make a non-canon crossover seing Sonic characters meet with SEGA characters? Makes more sense than spending a whole years worth of issues indulging the writers SonicXMegaman fetish.

Considering the fact that Archie ONLY had the licence to make Sonic comics from Sega, I think that would be your answer right there. Aside from Nights comic which they also made, it's doubtful they would have even made a comic crossover for all the others.

Which doesn't even get into how ridiculous that claim is to begin with. How the fuck does All Stars Racing make any sense to make a comic crossover when there's not even a plot to it to begin with to actually make a coherent comic for it? All it would be is just them racing, and even if they did otherwise it would be just as ridiculous as you claim this crossover to be and with very little to back up how they would make a plot around them.

• Thumbs Up 6

Again, it's all a matter of opinion. I wouldn't mind it so much if I actually cared for the "original" characters, but I don't. Frankly, I think it's stupid that I have to keep throwing out "in my opinion" in posts on here.

Okay, let me just stop you right here and tell you that I know it's your opinion. Alright?

But the thing is, I honestly don't give a damn about it being "your opinion". If you feel you have to keep throwing out "in my opinion" to let others know about it, then you quite frankly shouldn't have thrown out your opinion on the internet in the first place because someone's gonna call you out regardless. Even if it's your opinion, I'm still going to argue it whether you like it or not if you put your thoughts out there.

I don't even read the comics, so I don't even know why I'm complaining. tongue.png

Okay, I can't find any other way to say this without being insulting, but I honestly find it to be quite stupid to complain about things you don't read. That's the shit that trolls do in discussions, and while I honestly don't think you did it to troll that just makes absolutely no sense for you to do.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

And I find it quite stupid to get so worked up over something small like this. You wanna argue, go ahead and argue, but like I said, I'm not gonna discuss this any further, because it isn't the place to do so, so go ahead and yell at the wall or something.

Um...I'm not even yelling or worked up over it. huh.png

I bolded and italicized my words, and while I can see how that can be seen as such it's generally for emphasis. If I was yelling or otherwise angry, I would be more than happy to tell you in all caps and with exclamation points. Grammar nazi-ish, I know, but if anything I'm just being honest however blunt I'm coming across. I'm just letting you know two things: don't throw out your opinion and not expect someone to say anything no matter what you say about it being your opinion, and don't complain about things you don't read.

The release schedule sounds bad. How in the world are they going to keep the chronology like this? They should've released them all after eachother like I said earlier.

Erm, who is that next to Shadow, anyway?

tumblr_m6ynyig9lV1qdqlkxo3_1280.jpg

Edited by MarcelloF

Way to get made over a joke.

• Thumbs Up 8

His pointing hand and facial expression, no doubt. That's a pretty awkward pose and expression for any kind of character despite those two simple things.

Well I never read the comics because I was never interested in doing so. But if I do have the slightest bit of interest in the future, I'll start off by reading this crossover.

Nice artworks of the crossover by the way, kind of cool. While I don't know what Megaman character Tails is partnering with.. (Dr. Light maybe? Because they both have similar interests?) I know what Amy is partnering with since Megaman only has one main female character in the series...

R5Uyt.jpg

This is fanart by the way...

Edited by Ming Ming Love

I guess. I dunno, it also comes across as rushed for some reason. Like, they just quickly threw this stuff together to have something to show at Comic Con or something.

You know, I wouldn't put it past you if they actually did that. It looks like they just threw it together, that's for sure.

Ironic considering that from what I've seen so far, the Megaman fans (comic or otherwise) are actually excited about this crossover as much as the Sonic comic readers are. Really, you're just ranting for the sake of ranting here. And if it was a cash grab, it could be a mighty brilliant one if it succeeds.

Lol, what exactly is ironic? I think you need to look up the definition of irony cuz I don't understand what you mean at all.

Had I said "Megaman fans are gonna hate this" then what you said about them liking it might make my statement ironic. As I did not say that I can't understand what you're ranting about.

So, how is that a problem? Other than the fact that you don't like it yourself?

Hmm lets see besides the fact that I buy a Sonic comic and collect a Sonic comic and now they're pretty much forcing me to buy Megaman Comics if I want to actually have a complete set I'd say how is this not a problem other than the fact that it caters for some fans of both Sonic and Megaman.

I wouldn't buy the comic otherwise, and there has already been much complaint from people about the way Archie conduct themselves making story arcs span across both the main series and the Sonic Universe series in such a way that stuff makes no sense to somebody who only follows one series, now you're telling me that for twelve whole issues I also have to buy a comic I have no interest in simply so I can keep up with the story that is pandering to the Archie writers boner for a SonicXMegaman thing and trying to sucker new buyers into each of the series?

I'm sorry but that doesn't cut it.

Make it a spin off, make it optional, DON'T force it on people who collect the Sonic comic.

How is it not a problem other than you support it yourself? If Archie really wanted to they'd release this as a seperate thing, but you know its a cash grab when they release it over three seperate series and expect you to buy all of them to keep up.

Gee, what was your first clue as to why this crossover was made? There are fans of Sonic and fans of Megaman; Archie has the license to make comics for both video game characters, and since they have fans why not put them together like Marvel Vs Capcom?

The difference between Marvel Vs Capcom is that it is the definition of crossover game. Talk to those same Marvel fans about having Capcom characters show up in their Marvel Ultimate Alliance or Marvel Heroes MMPORPG and I'm sure you'd have a different story.

That is the same thing as what is happening here.

You don't take some stupid crossover and dump it into the main story of the comic. Sure its great for you people who are both fans of Megaman and Sonic, but for someone who buys a comic for Sonic only then it isn't the greatest.

Considering the fact that Archie ONLY had the licence to make Sonic comics from Sega, I think that would be your answer right there. Aside from Nights comic which they also made, it's doubtful they would have even made a comic crossover for all the others.

Which doesn't even get into how ridiculous that claim is to begin with. How the fuck does All Stars Racing make any sense to make a comic crossover when there's not even a plot to it to begin with to actually make a coherent comic for it? All it would be is just them racing, and even if they did otherwise it would be just as ridiculous as you claim this crossover to be and with very little to back up how they would make a plot around them.

Considering apparently theres going to be a usual "small" few pages mini story based on SEGA and Sonic all stars racing in the very same Archie Sonic comics we're talking about, I'd say Archie would have aquired some kind of license that allows them to use SEGA characters.

Who says it has to be about them racing I sure as fuck never did.

Like most Archie game tie-ins they basically make a story up themselves. Plus who's to say "just them racing" would be a boring plot? The majority of the Sonic Riders storyline up until the last 10% of it was "just" about racing.

You're pretty closed minded if you can't think of ways characters can interact before, during and after races. What about character interactions? Background stories? Characters boasting before races? Nice little SEGA series comparisons in dialogue that fans would get? Mid-race shenanigans? Characters plotting and making deals with each other to win?

Makes a lot more sense to me to advertise for this game by making a comic for SaSR instead of an uneeded Megaman crossover, and if Ian Flynn could've organised SEGA and Capcom into agreeing to mix their shit together I'm sure they'd have no trouble getting licenses to use SEGA only characters assuming they already haven't done that.

And all of this isn't even taking into consideration the main comic at all. We're really gonna have no build up to the big #250 at all? Or if we do its all gonna be because of some shitty Megaman crossover? Yeah no thanks.

The main comic will and probably has already suffered due to all the focus being put into this "huge event" of a crossover that I can't see anything all that great hapening for #250

Edited by The-Master-Board
  • Thumbs Up 1

Is this set in Archie's in-universes of Sonic and Megaman or the game in-universes/it's own in-universe?

I think Archie should make more Sonic comics from different in-universes that are not spawned directly from their own canon, partly because their own canon's a clusterbomb among other things , I can only assume Megaman must have had similar fate and similar action should be taken.

I mean, they made a Sonic X comic , why not Sonic OVA,STC,Sonic games, Sonic Satam (Archie's Sonic is technically already a continuation of Sonic satAM,but then they crammed every other canon into it and did not reshape them to fit .)

Edited by Mysterics

Not a big fan of crossovers, but I am certainly quite interested in this. Don't think I'm the only one who's curious to find out how will both Sonic and Mega Man first meet or whose universe they are in.

No doubt both Dr Wily and Eggman will be on there. smile.png

I mean, they made a Sonic X comic , why not Sonic OVA,STC,Sonic games, Sonic Satam (Archie's Sonic is technically already a continuation of Sonic satAM,but then they crammed every other canon into it and did not reshape them to fit .)

It's been mentioned by Ian and Paul several times on Bumbleking that Sonic X, the OVA, Underground and ect are all off limits to Archie due to Sega's request.

Gotta say, I bought the first Mega Man trade paperback, collecting the first story arc, and I loved it. Better than Archie Sonic, imo. So I'm wondering if I'll read all the Mega Man issues up til the crossover? Wonder if Sonic will lead into the crossover, or if it'll just happen.

Seeing Eggman and Wily in the same comic is enough of a selling point for me. I'm definitely reading all of these!

• Thumbs Up 1