Awoo.

Sonic & Megaman: When Worlds Collide [Archie]

Autosaver

You know, for the record, Marvel and DC already crossed over, numerous times. Read about it, okay? But, I wouldn't be surprised that it would bear the 25th Anniversary MegaMan Logo.

Also, what's with the gem on Bass's chest? It's never looked like that in the games AFAIK, and this is his first appearance in the comic, so why would they make him look like that for his debut?

Yeah, this. I just noticed that the Archie version of Bass looks like he does in the MM&B artwork. Which is a really odd choice considering the F you can see on this chest stands for his Japanese name.

\/

I don't see how any of that, even if they did go with that, would require using a design from a game after MM7 that references a name they don't use here. It'd be like putting Rs on the MM1 robots for no reason.

Edited by Ekaje

I think the F on Bass' chest is part of a prototype power source, and by the end of the crossover, Bass will be shelved until his time for awakening will have arrived, which will be when Wily discovers Bassnium, and decides to redesign Bass into what he is, today. Then after, he'll put Bass into a temporary stasis lock, that he'll awaken by the time MegaMan 7 Begins, and we'll see a 16-Bit Villain Variant cover with the SNES Bass Sprite.

Awesome poster! Love all of the different characters crammed on to it. I can't be the only one who wants the story to end with Omega and Guts Man having a karaoke duel. laugh.png

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 1

Crazy how many of you are soo out of touch with the comic its just as bad as people comparing new Sonic games to 2006! we have a topic you could've just dropped by anytime and ask what was going on.

Edited by goku262002

Awesome poster! Love all of the different characters crammed on to it. I can't be the only one who wants the story to end with Omega and Guts Man having a karaoke duel. laugh.png

• Thumbs Up 7

Is that.... Metal sonic confirmed!! Now im even more excited!

Is that.... Metal sonic confirmed!! Now im even more excited!

You know, for the record, Marvel and DC already crossed over, numerous times. Read about it, okay?

That's not what his post was referring too. He meant that every time DC or Marvel do their big summer crossovers like Infinite Crisis or Fear Itself, there will be a main miniseries and a whole bunch of tie ins.

Awesome art, great to see more Bass art!

... Wait a minute. Who the devil is that person between Mega Man's legs?

Mavrickindigo, why do you have to browse the Sega forums and not here. This tidbit is useful, man.

Ian has said on another site that not all of the characters in the promo art will appear

Mavrickindigo, why do you have to browse the Sega forums and not here. This tidbit is useful, man.

Why put characters on the promo art if they don't plan on using them >:U

• Thumbs Up 1

Why put characters on the promo art if they don't plan on using them >:U

To attract readers. Seriously looking at that promo art and I can imagine what the average preteen would be thinking.

To attract readers. Seriously looking at that promo art and I can imagine what the average preteen would be thinking.

"Megaman? Sonic? Meh. Where's my Call of Duty?!"

• Thumbs Up 2

I know, I thought about that after I posted it.

Someone's projection of the exact issues involved;

MegaMan 24-27

SonicTH 248-251

Sonic Universe 51-54

As Ian has already said that it will run over the MM and StH milestones but miss the SU milestone by 1 issue, these seem pretty reliable.

• 5 weeks later...

The Mega Man Network has a new interview with Ian up. A couple of new details from it:

* Focus will be put primarily on the game cast to not alienate casual readers. The Archie-exclusive cast will return when the main storyline resumes.

* Equal time will be given to both heroes and their universes.

* The crossover will have an effect on the lingering plot point left after Genesis.

* Bass will be appearing and in a big way.

* Only Classic era Mega Man characters.

Edited by chaoscontrol14

...You're right. You're absolutely right. While this awesome event is going on, the average teenager will be asking for a Call of Duty comic, because they think a game with absolutely no story deserves a comic over Sonic or Mega Man. .....I hate my generation.

...You're right. You're absolutely right. While this awesome event is going on, the average teenager will be asking for a Call of Duty comic, because they think a game with absolutely no story deserves a comic over Sonic or Mega Man. .....I hate my generation.

OK, to be honest, I can't help but find this a tad hypocritical. As if Sonic and Megaman have had that much stories themselves over the years. CoD games generally do have stories, albeit Michael Bay-style testosterone-filled explosion-filled pseudo-deep ones, for better or worse, but they undeniably exist.

If people are going to take cheap shots at CoD in discussions that have nothing to do with CoD, maybe they should at least hit on problems that are actually true?

Edited by Exploder
  • Thumbs Up 1

OK, to be honest, I can't help but find this a tad hypocritical. As if Sonic and Megaman have had that much stories themselves over the years. CoD games generally do have stories, albeit Michael Bay-style testosterone-filled explosion-filled pseudo-deep ones, for better or worse, but they undeniably exist.

If people are going to take cheap shots at CoD in discussions that have nothing to do with CoD, maybe they should at least hit on problems that are actually true?

Okay, that was uncalled for. But still, this event is gonna be awesome.