Awoo.

Sonic & Megaman: When Worlds Collide [Archie]

Autosaver

The Mega Man Network has a new interview with Ian up. A couple of new details from it:

* Focus will be put primarily on the game cast to not alienate casual readers. The Archie-exclusive cast will return when the main storyline resumes.

* Equal time will be given to both heroes and their universes.

* The crossover will have an effect on the lingering plot point left after Genesis.

* Bass will be appearing and in a big way.

* Only Classic era Mega Man characters.

I guessed Classic series characters would be the only ones involved since the comic is in the Classic series timeline.

I would like to see a battle between Sonic and Mega Man at the beginning.

My money's on Mega. Who's with me?

^Meh. Rock's not really very experienced/accustomed to fighting yet compared to Sonic, whose been trashing robots practically all his life. Besides, it's pretty much going to play out as them fighting over a misunderstanding until they find out the real threat and then team-up. Therefore, finding out who can best who is kinda moot.

• 1 month later...

So that must've been what the guy was talking about on twitter :U

Edited by Rawrdom

^Meh. Rock's not really very experienced/accustomed to fighting yet compared to Sonic, whose been trashing robots practically all his life. Besides, it's pretty much going to play out as them fighting over a misunderstanding until they find out the real threat and then team-up. Therefore, finding out who can best who is kinda moot.

Megaman is a machine he doesn't need experience like Sonic to have top tier fighting skills. He's programed to be nearly the ultimate fighting robot.

Megaman is a machine he doesn't need experience like Sonic to have top tier fighting skills. He's programed to be nearly the ultimate fighting robot.

That might be true if it weren't for his pacifistic tendencies. And he's only fought the Light and Wily Numbers so far in the comic to really count as experience.

Wheres Shadow and Silver on that poster?

I'm picking up some fanboyish tendencies, so just in case I'm gonna tell you right now before you eventually end up having others verbally lynch you: don't be a fanboy.

I already noticed you asking about Shadow in the Archie Comics topic, so don't start making a fuss about why the new characters aren't around.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

We are not even that far into the Mega Man lore in the comics to even start talking about Rock's experience.

That's what I was trying to say, but I guess it doesn't matter since when he and Sonic actually meet. They're probably just going to fight due to a misunderstanding of some sort and put it aside once they figure out Eggman and Wily are behind it all. Edited by DarkLightDragon

• 1 month later...

Oh man. I hope they make another poster magazine next year because I love that spread! Interesting how Shadow got snubbed a spot on Sonic's side though haha.

Not like there would've been much room for him anyway. It's little odd, sure, but nothing to really fret over since we don't need him to be on every cover to know he's in the crossover.

Edited by DarkLightDragon

That's a nice reference to Sonic Battle's sprites. The way Bates drew Sonic makes him look like he's sneaking up on Mega Man and gonna lynch him or something. xp

I should really get to finding a comic shop that has these things. I haven't gotten a single fcbd issue yet. ;3;

• 3 weeks later...

Somethings I don't get: firstly, Dr. Light and Roll are FAR too peace-loving to be attacking like that. Secondly, the latter is a cleaning bot who, unlike MM, was never transformed nor reprogrammed.

(True, I am basing this on the game-verse, never having read the MM comic nor even known about its existence, and it's just a cover, but 1. someone else on this thread said the comic stuck pretty closely to the game-verse, and 2.it just bugged me.huh.png )

Somethings I don't get: firstly, Dr. Light and Roll are FAR too peace-loving to be attacking like that. Secondly, the latter is a cleaning bot who, unlike MM, was never transformed nor reprogrammed.

(True, I am basing this on the game-verse, never having read the MM comic nor even known about its existence, and it's just a cover, but 1. someone else on this thread said the comic stuck pretty closely to the game-verse, and 2.it just bugged me.huh.png )

Covers aren't always accurate to what a character does in the actual issue.

The best thing about the cover?

AT LEAST KNUCKLES HAS HIS NORMAL SIZED HANDS.

Sheesh, Archie...I know you explained why Knuckles has tiny hands in the Archie comic section, but god damnit Archie, sort it out because he looks bloody weak with tiny hands.

Let it be known that this is the best comic book cover ever made. DON'T DENY IT.

• Thumbs Up 7