Awoo.

Our nostalgia tv glasses now.....ON!

KHCast

Vault-of-Horor-30.jpg

I used to buy Tales of the Crypt comics and The Vault of Horror comics at the mall next door as a little kid back in the 1980s.

Does anybody elsde here have these old horror comics?

Edited by Applejack1973

250px-Time_Squad_Logo.jpg

Can't say I remember too much of it anymore other than what the characters look like, but I remember loving the shit out of this show that's for sure. Anyone else watch it sometimes?

Also My Life as a Teen Age Robot was probably one of my top favorite cartoons from the 2000s.

• Thumbs Up 7

zoids.pnglogo.jpg

I wasn't into humanoid mechas like the Gundam series (oddly enough), but mechas that resembles animals, prehistoric creatures, and mythical beings is what sucked me in like a black hole and ruled my childhood and (used to) having my bedroom filled with model kits. I even still remember the toy commercial that used to air on tv.

"Built, customize, mobilize!"

*Time Squad*

Anyone else watch it sometimes?

*still waiting for a DVD box set release...* :<

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay. Since everyone remembered good old cartoons I will go to other direction biggrin.png

I will always remember this. It was and still is the best sit-com ever created smile.png

FRIENDS

THE_GANG.jpg

405px-Courage_the_Cowardly_Dog_logo.svg.png

Say hello to the giver of nightmares. Childhood edition!

[/url[/media]

RETUUURN THE SLAAAAB!!! Brrr... it was the most freaky episode when I was watching as a kid. I'm rewatching it now and still have occasional shivers.

Edited by Danielius

The 80's taught me what colour fun is. All of them!

Fuck yeah. Even though im too young to have more memories of the 80's than a few scattered fragments, as a kid in the 90's i still somehow usually ended up enjoying reruns of 80's cartoons more so than most contemporary 90's cartoons.

As for my own adition to the thread, this was seriosuly one of my favorite cartoons, at least as a very young boy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqpV_JP4UVo

Stop laughing, them ponies were purdy!

I actually have more memories of 80s reruns in my very early childhood than the contemporary 90s stuff that was showing at the time (barring the British stuff I mentioned last time), and thus that cheesy 80s cartoon style is more nostalgic to me. So stuff like the Care Bear films, Popples, Inspector Gadget, the Gummi Bears...barely (but NOT Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers).

Also some stuff from much older (like some Donald Duck shorts, Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes, Scooby Doo).

In fact, have what must be my most remembered Donald short for that very nice tune, Crazy Over Daisy;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA5QLuE8PmY

• Thumbs Up 1

I always liked the wacky cartoons

gcqGu.jpg70zRj.jpg2WeGl.jpgwwUMm.jpg

Other than that I watched some anime like:

LBlHk.pngeo1wB.jpgSwHen.jpg

The last one is Oliver & Benji also known as Super Champions in the USA, it was the only anime that didn't involve monsters that I watched, it was about football (soccer).

The other ones I think that pretty much all of you guys know.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 4

I actually have more memories of 80s reruns in my very early childhood than the contemporary 90s stuff that was showing at the time (barring the British stuff I mentioned last time), and thus that cheesy 80s cartoon style is more nostalgic to me.

Exact same deal with me. I think part of the reason why i generally get more nostalgic over 80's cartoons than 90's cartoons is because many 90's cartoons still seem somewhat modern in certain ways, while 80's cartoons in all their glory cheesyness really seem like relics of a different, long-lost universe.

• Thumbs Up 1

I always liked the wacky cartoons

gcqGu.jpg70zRj.jpg2WeGl.jpgwwUMm.jpg

Other than that I watched some anime like:

LBlHk.pngeo1wB.jpgSwHen.jpg

The last one is Oliver & Benji also known as Super Champions in the USA, it was the only anime that didn't involve monsters that I watched, it was about football (soccer).

The other ones I think that pretty much all of you guys know.

I used to watch Captain Tsubasa (Super Campeones/ Super Champions) too! I always remember that between friends we used to make fun that they will take a whole episode to just make it to half of the field and another episode to score.

250px-Time_Squad_Logo.jpg

Can't say I remember too much of it anymore other than what the characters look like, but I remember loving the shit out of this show that's for sure. Anyone else watch it sometimes?

Also My Life as a Teen Age Robot was probably one of my top favorite cartoons from the 2000s.

I used to watch Time Squad at like 4 - 5 AM. hahaha man. That usually meant I got up too early though, and My Life As A Teenage Robot is awesome.

MLaaTR is what I'd characterize as a good show with barely any good episodes. I love the way it was animated and I liked the characters (mostly, I'll get back to this), but so many episodes were about basically nothing, so frequently it felt like a 90's cartoon where the entire episode was all about some moral that you could see coming from the first minute and somehow still fails to actually address the issue at hand. Oh, sure eating disorders are a problem, but I don't think an episode where Jenny has Sheldon reduce her to virtually a stick figure because she wants to be thinner only to realize that her ability to fight super villains has been compromised is going to do anything about it. Oh, and this whole issue came about due to the crust cousins, this little future Darwin award likely kids amuse themselves by antagonizing a combat capable machine that's just as emotional and spontaneous as an actual teenager, isn't that like using a lit match to play "I'm not touching you" with a bunch of TNT?

• Thumbs Up 1

If last decade counts I will mention the movie Amelie from Montmatre 2001.

Here are the filming locations of Amelie.

http://www.movie-loc...s/a/amelie.html

Jean-Pierre Jeunet, director of Amélie:

'Life in Montmartre has changed since Amélie. A few years ago, the owner of the
Café des deux Moulins
wanted to sell his business, because he had enough. Now that is totally out of the question! [meanwhile the café has been sold under the condition that it will be continued without changes - Eddy].

l_353_amelie-poulain-175.jpg

Edited by Applejack1973

• 2 months later...

Revival.

I remember my parents had these Super 8mm B W back in the 1970s.

m4q0YGWM1_qPgUDwBq1q0nQ.jpg

The%20Dapper%20Dalmatian.jpg

Edited by Applejack1973

• 5 months later...

After stating that I had no clue what DuckTales was last night and seeing the response I got I though this would be a worthwhile topic to create. I was able to find show specific topics, but not a general one so sorry if it's a repost.

As kids most of us watched some form of cartoon, be it Dora or Transformers and we all have opinions on them and how they've aged. I'm sure most people watched similar things, but there has to be an odd show here or there that wasn't very popular.

I unlike many didn't really watch TV at all when I was younger. We had two channels (CBC and Global) and those did not lend themselves to cartoons. However, every Saturday morning Global would run an episode of Inspector Gadget, thus it's the only show I remember as a kid.

So my experience with cartoons is very limited. I'm curious to know what you watched as a kid, what you remember it being like, is you still enjoy it, etc.

A youtube video of the intro might be interesting, for peoples nostalgia and all that :)

Edited by SkyLlama

A cartoon I saw when I was very young was Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles. That intro was awesome.

Another old gem. Thundercats:

Of course they have both received modern remakes recently, but the originals were so cool.

Edited by -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 2

First things that pop up in my mind are:

Looney Toons

Pokemon (This takes first place for my childhood really, I was obsessed with Pokemon)

Tom & Jerry

AoStH

Silly Symphony cartoons

Not directly from my childhood, but i've taken a liking to these Goofy cartoons too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m5QWtFTryg

Edit: woo 300th post!

Edited by Guest

I grew up in the days of only four TV channels! biggrin.png

So most of the toons I watched were Saturday or Sunday morning toons, or in the holidays Channel 4 would play a bunch of kids stuff until noon (much to my Nan's annoyance! biggrin.png)

I did like a lot of more popular cartoons such as Looney Tunes, Disney cartoons, to stuff like Animaniacs, TMNT... ahh the list goes on; one of the shows which stuck out for me was a Belgian (I think!) 3D animated series:

The UK had it's own version, with different character names, silly British culture references and hilarious accents. I think the series has all but disappeared into obscurity. There used to be a You Tube channel containing all the episodes but it seems to be empty now. sad.png

Apparently when I was really small I was a huge fan of shows like:

(can't find a full episode of this on YouTube...)

and

but I really don't remember anything about them now. :s

edit: Awwww yeah Rocko's Modern Life was great! :D Except I think they slightly changed it in later series and I remember it not being as good. :/ Same thing happened to Dexter's Lab (another great show but I was a teen by the time that started.)

Edited by MamboCat

clonewars.jpg?w=497

Felix making another Star Wars related post? UNHEARD OF! But seriously, back when I was a young'un, during my hype for Episode III, I always used to watch these shortsshorts on Cartoon Network. Directed, written, and produced by the mighty Genndy Tartakovsky of Dexter's Lab & Samurai Jack fame, Clone Wars has enough fluid animation, great storylines, writing and action, characterization, and great John Williams music to top it off that makes it better than the entire prequel trilogy. The show does a good job of bridging things between The Phantom Menace & Attack Of The Clones, and it did a good job of quenching my thirst for Episode III. Seriously, this was the show for me as a kid, along with other classics that played on CN at the time like Dexter's Lab, PPG, KND, Samurai Jack, Courage, etc. 

Oh yeah, and this show gaves us Asajj Ventress. Asajj Ventress is awesome.

Edited by Felix
  • Thumbs Up 1

I watched hundreds of shows as a kid. Cartoons were very much my thing

Ducktales - Tailspin - Mighty Ducks - Gargoyles - Hurricanes - Reboot - Biker Mice - Street Sharks - Sharky and George - Dr Zitbags - The three Sonic shows - Ace ventura - The mask - 

those are just what I can think of off the top of my head for now...

Awwwwwwwwwwww ReBoot!! ReBoot was awesome.. or at least I remember it being awesome. I think if I watched the first series now it would seem really corny. I seem to recall that CiTV actually cancelled the airing of the entire last series because they felt it was too "dark" for kids. (These are the same guys that aired Knightmare, a show that actually gave me nightmares! :D Massive talking wall..ugh! D:) They stopped at the part where they met the Surfer dude and the binome with Rrrrrrrrrrobotnik's voice, I think. I caught the rest of it a few years ago, and was kinda impressed by Megabyte's second form.

Also, Tony Jay!