Awoo.

Sonic The Hedgehog CD

The only problem I had with Sonic CD was the music. It was different, and not as good as the Sega CD version. No "Sonic Boom"? What the hell, Sega?

I used to own a copy of the Sega CD version, and I might buy another one soon. I'm buying another Sega CD console tomorrow.

What are you talking about? The music in all the US versions of the game is the same, unless you pick the JP music option in the 2011 version.

Edited by Enderwoman

What are you talking about? The music in all the US versions of the game is the same, unless you pick the JP music option in the 2011 version.

I have played the PC, Sega CD, and Xbox Live versions of Sonic CD, and I can say that the music is not the same in all versions.

I have played the PC, Sega CD, and Xbox Live versions of Sonic CD, and I can say that the music is not the same in all versions.

Are you talking about "Toot Toot Sonic Warrior" not having vocals? I believe that was due to some sort of copyright issue.

If you really want to know the difference, check eBay. A seller by the name of maykk is selling PC copies of Sonic CD for $5.49, including shipping. It comes with the original sleeve. I just bought one, so there are only 4 left.

Act fast!

The CD OST is an odd one. I like the JP OST except for the OP and ED, and I dislike the US OST but I like the OP & ED of it.

Also Wacky Workbench present has to be one of the best Sonic level music ever.

Wacky Workbench rapes my eyes whenever I play Sonic CD. It's the colors, I tell you.

It must be Hell going through Special Stage 6 for you, then.

It must be Hell going through Special Stage 6 for you, then.

Special Stage 6 is the one with the psychedelic background, right? If it is that one then yes.

Special Stage 6 is the one with the psychedelic background, right? If it is that one then yes.

It is indeed. I often enjoy a good Latte while I go through the special stages. I would like to see Sonic 3 & Knuckles make its way to iOS, the delay hasn't been heartwarming.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

I was looking at Blit website (http://www.blitsoftware.com/portfolio/sonic-cd/) which has a page about Sonic CD 2011. The page states the same description of CD as on SEGA's website. It also has the Sonic CD launch trailer. Now in the launch trailer, big worlds in yellow occasionally flash up stating things like "An adventure from the past" and "See the rise of Metal sonic".

The last big words (in yellow) to flash on screen, state: "Download Sonic CD this winter". However, when I played the launch trailer on Blit website there is an additional set of yellow words which appear immediately after "Download Sonic CD this winter", which states "Continue the adventure with Sonic 4 available now".

The words "Continue the adventure with Sonic 4 available now" do not appear on the Steam/PSN or SEGA website version of the launch trailer, as far as I am aware. 

EDIT: The trailer on Blit website is the IOS launch trailer for Sonic CD, which had the extra wording for some reason. Mystery solved....meh. 

Edited by -Bender-

The ios version of CD is my absolute favorite version ( only played XBLA and ios version). Controlling CD with a thumbstick feels really loose and slippery at times, while the d-pad on the 360 controller feels too precise for my tastes. Touch screen control felt so much more fluid and accurate than using a standard controller.

Edited by Knightofthewind417

The game reminds me of a Sonic 1 on the Mega CD. But bigger and better. The zones also are similar to most Sonic 1 zones.

This is actually exactly what Sonic CD was supposed to be, IIRC, Naoto Oshima said so.

I guess if you you take him as utter Word Of God, then Sonic CD is Sonic's first adventure, albeit in an alternate timeline, thus settling the 'where in the timeline?' confusion.

Edited by Mysterics

• 2 months later...

Sonic CD is probably my favorite game EVER!

What I like: I love the visuals! Every level is colorful and alive (Well Metallic Madness is a little bland to me, but still), and I'd love to go to Stardust Speedway if it existed! I like the gameplay too, because it gives you different options on how you play the game. You can either speed-through the game as quickly as possible, without destroying robot-generators or collecting the Time Stones, or you can go to the past and destroy the robot-generators and Metal Sonic-holograms, and if you don't like exploring and time-traveling, you can still get the good ending with the Time Stones. I really like the time-travel idea, because it let's you change the outcome of the level, and it's really cool that the level design changes depending on what time-zone you're in. And I can't tell you how much I love the music! The JP/EU soundtrack is up-beat and catchy, while the US soundtrack is a little more atmospheric. Both soundtracks are amazing and I could listen to some of the songs all-day! It's really good that Sonic CD tried something different from the Genesis/Mega-Drive games, which makes it feel unique.

What I dislike: I know this is kind of a personal flaw, but I don't really like the lyrics in the US stage-songs. Yes, the JP/EU songs have lyrics too, but I just don't think the lyrics fit in the US tracks. But that's just my opinion, and it doesn't ruin the game for me. Not much else I don't like, really tongue.png

What I think the remake did better: They made the game run at a smooth speed, which is especially noticeable in the Special Stages. I like that you can change to the Sonic 2-style spindash (Though I like the other one more for this game). They made both soundtracks available, which is good, though the JP/EU opening and ending songs don't have lyrics, sadly. And you can also play as Tails!!! (Even though he's sort-of a game-breaker) They also fixed the collision-detection and physics, and that makes the game a lot more enjoyable.

Overall, Sonic CD is probably my favorite game EVER, and I don't think that's gonna change smile.png

Edited by SonicDude
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sonic cd is awesome.  It's definitely one of my favorite sonic games of all time.  Loved the music.  In fact, I haven't head a song scarier than the boss music.  Also, I have never seen a more disturbing picture than the sonic with the human face.   Don't forget the completely uncharacteristic hidden angel statue in wacky workbench.  I never heard anything of that until it was rereleased!  I could never beat metal sonic as a kid...... it seems so easy now!

• 2 months later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPP-XldXMcY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGOp8P6LFzI

Um, yeah... No offense, Taxman, but I'm pretty sure the Good Future isn't supposed to look like this. This is a rather big glitch that happens on all versions of CD 2011 after you collect all Time Stones, though this only happens on Zone 3 and never happens if you manually shut down all generators. Not sure how this was overlooked.

Edited by GuywithPie3376