Awoo.

Would you miss the Boost?

PerfectChaos

Depends. Will my fingers like shooting Sonic off like a gun or will my mind will start saying "overpowered"?

Does no one understand Sonic used to be momentum based?

I could say the same for Mario, he used to be a platformer, now all he does is stupid party games.

EDIT: The "New" series is pretty decent, as is the latest 3D game. But how long will it last?

Edited by Lelouch Vi Britannia

I will gladly give up the boost for a better game design in which Sonic is still able to reach high speeds through his own volition instead of primarily by physical forces. But if the latter and the boost were my only two choices, the boost wins out. Sorry.

• Thumbs Up 6

Maybe they should gradually remove it? I dunno...

At the very least, make it like Colours where more often than not you don't have much boost, and using it irresponsibly will have consequences. Generations tried this (the latter), but it needs more work...

Maybe they should gradually remove it? I dunno...

At the very least, make it like Colours where more often than not you don't have much boost, and using it irresponsibly will have consequences. Generations tried this (the latter), but it needs more work...

Colours was 80% 2D.

Does no one understand Sonic used to be momentum based?

No-one was disputing that.

The boost has REALLY overstayed its welcome.

It was okay, but now they REALLY need to bring back the spindash and return to creative and fuller level design and moveset. Aside from lack of other playable characters, the current problem with the recent titles's replayability is the freaking base gameplay formula! It's so empty and not only is it not full utilized, but the ratio of speed to platforming leans way too much on speed to the point where slowing down to platform feels almost awkward.

As stated before, reduce the boost back to the speed shoes and for the love of gosh bring back the spindash.

Edited by ForeverJXJ
  • Thumbs Up 1

For you.

To each his own dear Diogenes.

Have we seriously reached a point where people can act like Unleashed did something revolutionary by making Sonic fast?

I could say the same for Mario, he used to be a platformer, now all he does is stupid party games.
You could say that, if you didn't mind lying.

Seriously, the two Galaxy games, the two NSMB games out now, the two upcoming NSMB games, and 3D Land, and you're going to say Mario isn't a platformer anymore? Are you trying to look stupid? Because that's about all you accomplished with this.

• Thumbs Up 8

Seriously, the two Galaxy games, the two NSMB games out now, the two upcoming NSMB games, and 3D Land, and you're going to say Mario isn't a platformer anymore? Are you trying to look stupid? Because that's about all you accomplished with this.

Alright, first off, could you quit attacking like that?

Thank you.

I just edited that their going back into the right direction, but nobody seemed to complain during the "Party games period".

And really, how long until we get another stupid Kart or Party game?

Thank you.

I just edited that their going back into the right direction, but nobody seemed to complain during the "Party games period".

We're not here to discuss where the Mario franchise is going, boost talk or gtfo plz :V
  • Thumbs Up 2

Have we seriously reached a point where people can act like Unleashed did something revolutionary by making Sonic fast?

It's not really my problem if you don't enjoy the Unleashed formula, personally the Unleashed gameplay is one of my favourites and it's really fun. Now, if you dislike it, well... As I said it's not really my problem. :P

I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

Thank you.
You are welcome.

Do you not understand the concept of spinoffs?
  • Thumbs Up 1

I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

You are welcome.

Do you not understand the concept of spinoffs?

Seriously man don't dwell on that, get back on topic. It's about to become stupid bickering :U

Sounds like you think "any" is overdoing it.

There's more spinoffs then platformers.

Seriously man don't dwell on that, get back on topic. It's about to become stupid bickering :U

You're right. Enough of this pointless discussion.

About the boost...

I feel the boost and the overall over abundance of speed emphasis needs to take a backseat to more platforming, Sonic should be a platformer with speed, not speed with platforming.

I care more about the levels themselves, and how their designed and if axing the boost leads to less linearity and invisible walls then I will gladly give it up. Plus I miss the Spin Dash.

• Thumbs Up 3

Thinking harder about it, I wouldn't having the Spindash for when you're standing still and using the Unleashed PS2/Wii boost for movement be easier? Along with some less-boost-based level design?

If you're in an area where the Spin Dash is actually viable for use, e.g., a straight line, it would be better to merely tap forward and hit the boost anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

Getting rid of the boost? What a silly idea.

I mean... how could you Boost 2 Win if there was no boost?

• Thumbs Up 5

Thinking harder about it, I wouldn't having the Spindash for when you're standing still and using the Unleashed PS2/Wii boost for movement be easier? Along with some less-boost-based level design?

You may as well get rid of the boost in it's entirety then; if you're not running down straight lines, there's no real point in having it around.