Awoo.

[HACK] Sonic the Hedgehog : Revved Up!

KCEXE

I'm not sure if this message board allows romhacks, but this is really something. From what I'm seeing, the palette choices are very very good and pleasing to the eyes. Plus I really like the song choices you've made as well as the Sonic 1 / 3 hybrid sprite.

My only question is if you can post a Youtube video of your current progress, because I would really like to see this in motion, especially with that music playing. Either way, my point is that I'm excited to see more!

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm not sure why ROM hacks wouldn't be allowed, as we have Sonic Generations and Sonic 4 hacking threads after all.

(Even though the Sonic Generations one got closed.)

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh man, I'm LOVING this! Everything looks so GOOOOD.

THAT PALLETTE, THAT SPRITE ART

Can't wait to see where this goes next!

Edited by Cola
  • Thumbs Up 1

That sorts of reminds me of a hack I saw in Retro once.

A hack that I loved.

Consider me interested and I wish to see more soon, graphics look sweet and the palettes are colourful~

• Thumbs Up 1

A hack that I loved.

Consider me interested and I wish to see more soon, graphics look sweet and the palettes are colourful~

Would you by any chance be referring to Sonic 1 Pixel Perfect?

Edited by Hatsune Miku

I'm not sure if this message board allows romhacks, but this is really something. From what I'm seeing, the palette choices are very very good and pleasing to the eyes. Plus I really like the song choices you've made as well as the Sonic 1 / 3 hybrid sprite.

My only question is if you can post a Youtube video of your current progress, because I would really like to see this in motion, especially with that music playing. Either way, my point is that I'm excited to see more!

Oh man, I'm LOVING this! Everything looks so GOOOOD.

THAT PALLETTE, THAT SPRITE ART

Can't wait to see where this goes next!

A hack that I loved.

Thanks for all the feedback so far, soon I'll upload on my Youtube a preview of the first zone's gameplay! For now, I'll post screenshots, and updates of more progress that is being made in Sonic Redrawn. Progress so far is going good, been getting lot's of new people to actually help, and some are familiar hackers. happy.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Why aren't you getting music remixes from musicians? Just saying a suggestion. It looks nice though. Keep it up!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, just letting you guys know the topic isn't dead, I made quiet alot of progress, yet my absence because of personal reasons. But anyways, consider this the first video-peek of the hack.

Most of you know almost every Sonic hack has every zone background edited, except Scrap Brain or Star Light. Well, while I was finishing up and giving Green Hill's tileset a little makeover (GHZ preview coming very soon), I decided to work on edting Scrap Brain, or now known as Bionic Base.. Dur. tongue.png

EDIT: Why am I playing in a strange way? I had to do that just in case some errors ocurred with the background when getting hurt, moving to fast or slow.. Yes, a new background can glitch out for things like that. sleep.png

Edited by KCEXE
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oopsie doodle! Forgot to answer this..

Why aren't you getting music remixes from musicians? Just saying a suggestion.

Well, remixes are possible, it's just not going to be used now. Once vladikcomper finishes the HQ Digital Audio sound driver for Sonic 1, I have plans of changing the Genesis music to some music I remixed myself, and plus some that a few remixers I know made, like ocremix as an example (yeah, I know him).

Ahem, and updated the first post. happy.png

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Man this is pretty impressive and I like it! I'm currently working on hacks and mods for sonic Adventure 2 (ported it to the Computer) so I will post my stuff on it soon as well.

I too use to do lots of mods and hacks back in the day.

But I hope your project is going along nicely!

• 2 weeks later...

First video of this hack is finally up. Lush Lakeside is complete, now Regal Ruin is being worked on. biggrin.png

.. and yes, I forgot to mention the hack's name is officially changed. tongue.png

I'm liking the looks of this hack so far. The graphical modifications that have been made so far, along with the palettes, look very nice, and the music choices aren't bad. My one major criticism would probably be the sound made when you destroy Metal Sonilc's pod and break open the Prison Capsule. It sounds a bit harsh and not very "explosion-like."

I'm liking the looks of this hack so far. The graphical modifications that have been made so far, along with the palettes, look very nice, and the music choices aren't bad. My one major criticism would probably be the sound made when you destroy Metal Sonilc's pod and break open the Prison Capsule. It sounds a bit harsh and not very "explosion-like."

Ah nuts, yes.. I ported the explosion sound from Dynamite Headdy as a test, when attempting to change sounds. That will be replaced with the S3&K sound explosion instead.

>press play

>splash hill

you sir are awesome

The layouts look great and the game is very pleasing to the eye, what would be great is if you added an extra move, say the peelout and the elemental sheilds.

I look foward to playing this, when will the first release be?

What would be great is if you added an extra move, say the peelout and the elemental sheilds.

I look foward to playing this, when will the first release be?

I don't myself prefer adding elemental shields, because it's hard, and you would have to rewrite whole vram to make it work, and they won't fit to hack like this.

I also wonder how people re-use and re-use Sonic 3 music, sprites and other stuff... Is it just that no one cares to try to do better? huh.png

I am also making hack with my friends, and maybe showcasing it nearby. So join to my site to see updates first!laugh.png

Edited by Green Snake

• 3 weeks later...

Small update time.. Sorry for lack of new stuff, been having school related issues, and personal ones as well. Anyways, last week I made this.. A possible NEW Marble Zone art going to be used for the hack.

fb366f6d3ade1191492c7c0a65329d87-d5f34pe.png

.. and here's also the link if anyone wants to comment or fav it on Deviantart.

http://kcexe.deviantart.com/#/d5f34pe

Edited by KCEXE

• 1 month later...

I think you've got the art style down nicely, and it's nice to see a level set at sunset for a change, it's nice to see variance in time and wheather, I think the pallet for Lush lakeside act 3 is a little too...blue

Hiya guys! Been another loooong while... Well, just a double preview I gotta show of two zones I'm working on.

2DcXD.png

I think the pallet for Lush lakeside act 3 is a little too...blue

The palette for Lush Lakeside act 3 seems fine to me. But there are future plans to re-vamp the background art for the zone itself, so the palettes could be improved as well.

Edited by KCEXE
  • Thumbs Up 3