Awoo.

New Sonic Chili Dog Ad at Joypolis

Sonictrainer

"Buy this food, it has Sonic on the poster."

EDIT: I love how Sonic Team's chilidogs all look like they're smeared with feces. Also, no cheese? Not cool, Sonic.

Edited by HyperMetalWario

For me, the more important part of this ad is that we got a new piece of artwork out of it.

• Thumbs Up 2

yaaay more shitty CGI art.

seriously i fucking hate how much SEGA uses these renders when they look so ugly compared to Uekawa's hand drawn cartoony stuff.

you know, instead of having that stupid looking mouth, they could of had Sonic's classic grin or smirk.

Edited by Super Soniko
  • Thumbs Up 1

That's...actually pretty awesome :D You gotta love how ecstatic Sonic looks

The poster even says that it's Sonic's favourite food and attests to the spiciness. And you have to spend an extra twenty yen if you want cheese topping :P

Thaaaat chili dog looks pretty yum about now! But where's the relish? The onions?! Don't think I don't notice that classy piece of lettuce in the background either. :P

Sonic looks cute on that poster too. I'd totally snap a shot off my camera if I ever did see it hehe.

... Wow. I wanna make an avatar of that Sonic render; it looks so cool! biggrin.png

yaaay more shitty CGI art.

seriously i fucking hate how much SEGA uses these renders when they look so ugly compared to Uekawa's hand drawn cartoony stuff.

you know, instead of having that stupid looking mouth, they could of had Sonic's classic grin or smirk.

woah, calm down. You're acting like this is some boxart for a game. :\ People complain too much. I think the render looks fine.

EDIT: I love how Sonic Team's chilidogs all look like they're smeared with feces.

I think that's how chilidogs are suppose to look. It's looks sloppy but it taste awesome. :D

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 3

nah i just don't like the CG render's for sonic now a days... they look somewhat off from his in game models.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eww, hold the relish and onions! Chili and cheese is all you really need! Seriously, though, I agree, that shiz looks good.

I'm guessing that means sauerkraut is outta the question? ;)

I also wonder what they make their chili with: beans only or a mix of meat/tofu with it? Seeing as it's Sonic, prolly tofu.

they look somewhat off from his in game models.

Is that a bad thing? Seriously is it? Generations, Colours and Unleashed looked damn good, so comparing their CGI to their in game model is like a compliment...right? Or am I just reading this wrong?

Is that a bad thing? Seriously is it? Generations, Colours and Unleashed looked damn good, so comparing their CGI to their in game model is like a compliment...right? Or am I just reading this wrong?

yes? its bland and boring looking compared to the expressive Channel art, its a personal sonic pet peeve of mine that the CG art takes place over the Channel or Adventure styled art now a days, whenever i look at a CG model it just irks me because i always spot something i don't like in it... although the new Transformed box art is really nice, but the stuff they use on the Channel site is just bland and doesn't appeal to me as much as the 2D channel art imo

Even the 2D art is fairly boring now in that many of the characters have rather uninspired poses; for whatever reason, Uekawa doesn't go to the extremes he used to do for the Adventure art, where characters were stretched to their absolute limits. It was fun stuff. Nowadays, for every one of these nowadays you'll have about 50 of these. It's kind of a shame too, because his actual craftsmanship is much better than it used to be.

• Thumbs Up 5

Even the 2D art is fairly boring now in that many of the characters have rather uninspired poses; for whatever reason, Uekawa doesn't go to the extremes he used to do for the Adventure art, where characters were stretched to their absolute limits. It was fun stuff. Nowadays, for every one of these nowadays you'll have about 50 of these. It's kind of a shame too, because his actual craftsmanship is much better than it used to be.

true, but i'm always waiting for his next piece, generic or not it is still far more appealing than the bland CG renders.

i actually prefer his older, edgier stuff when Sonic had slender eyes, longer and sharper quills and of course his infamous bendy limbs and cheeky smirks and smiles, but i still like his modern works, like that jumping high five Sonic... i wish SEGA would use more of the hundreds of art for their merchandise instead of just the same old ones we've seen 500 times lol.

Edited by Super Soniko

It's funny to think that untill just a few years ago, the old "Sonic likes chillidogs" thing hadn't been used anywhere except in the Archie comics ever since SoA decided to accept the Japanese canon. But then suddenly the food started poping up everywhere in the games and now this. Sweet.

Edited by batson

Still waiting for the inevitable team-up with the Sonic restaurants. They have a foot-long chili dog, for Pete's sakes. And it's good too; none of those bullshit purple onions that Checkers puts on theirs. xP

• Thumbs Up 3

I have never seen red onions on a hot dog before. They do make a great burger though! I have to say I prefer them over regular onions. They're sweeter and less bitter while still retaining the spicy factor imo.

Ever since I was a kid I used to question why there was a Sonic fast food place with no Sonic. Baffles the mind, Sega. Baffles the mind.

Damn.

Last time I was at Joypolis I ate at that cafe/restaurant but I had a nice noodle and seaweed dish, which I would probably much prefer over a chillidog, but I gotta say I wanna try one there if only to see what the hell Sonic see's in them!

I've only eaten 1 chilidog in my life, and I gotta say it was damn good. It's pretty great seeing Sonic in more and more ads and stuff.

They should make a Sonic the Hedgehog themed hotdog at Sonic.

I never understood why there was never a single deal with the two companies.

• Thumbs Up 5

It's funny to think that untill just a few years ago, the old "Sonic likes chillidogs" thing hadn't been used anywhere except in the Archie comics ever since SoA decided to accept the Japanese canon.

Sonic Advance 3 is eight years old, it's been in the Japanese canon for nearly a decade. Maybe it didn't get really highlighted until 2008, but it has been there.

....Is the chilidog made out of real hedgehog?

Edited by Wendy the BOOLET