Awoo.

Japanese Music, anyone? :D

Hiroko the Kitsune

I know someone out there listens to it. YOU'RE ALL GUILTY! Well, if you do like J-Rock, J-Pop, or any other kind of Japanese music, I wanna know who you listen to and who you're favs are. Some of my favs are Morikubo Shoutaro, Seki Toshihiko, Paku Romi, Ore Ska Band, BoA, FLOW, Orange Range, Nightmare, L'Arc-en-Ciel, and Asian Kung-Fu Generation. Now it's your turn. :D

post-420-1236440201_thumb.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hiroko the Kitsune

• Snatcher2047

• Dreadknux

• Mollfie

I Listen to loads, Main faves being BoA [Obviously...XD] Utada, m-flo, Crystal Kay, Chieko Kawabe, and Koda Kumi.

I Probably have other faves, but I just can't think of them at the moment XD

Edit: Looking at my iTunes under "J-Pop" I do also have melody. Leah Dizon, Sowelu, Yuna Ito, Ami Suzuki, Bonnie Pink, Bennie K and Genki Rockets too <3

Edited by The DJ -loves BoA-

Hm, good choice of artists. I like J-Rock, but I have a softer side when it comes to music. I guess that's why I like BoA and Crystal Kay. Utada's alright. Oh, a few more I forgot to mention are V6, Mizuki Nana, and Kitade Nana. ^^ I lurve them.

I have a soft spot for Ayu; I don't know why - she's just catchy at times. I also have a ton of The Pillows, but hardly ever listen to them anymore.

*raises hand* Guilty.

Favorites include Chihara Minori, Maximum the Hormone, Matsuoka Yuki, Kuwatani Natsuko, and Hirano Aya.

There are more but I can't remember them at the moment. Pillows FTW.

Edited by The Joiner

I like JRock and JPop but usually only if it's attached to some anime or videogame.

Among my favorite performers are:

Bomb Factory

Hikaru Utada

The Pillows (who doesn't love FLCL?)

Ai Maeda

Asian Kung-Fu Generation

Haruko Momoi & Under 17

KOTOKO

Chihara Minori

Maaya Sakamoto

Suga Shikao

Mami Kawada

Yoko Ishida

Puffy AmiYumi

and for a throwback... SONIA

Edited by Snatcher2047

I'm going to be different from everyone else, my favourite Japanese music is the ones you find in certain anime, I also love Japanese anime opening and endings very much aswell, I can't go a day without listening to them. Another favourite of mine is Jun'ichi Kanemaru's music, I adore his voice and I love his singing, and voice acting for Sonic <3 I guess all this classes as Japanese music, I just don't listen to chart music, or certain singers/bands, I've always been different from everyone else XD

Dude! I totally forgot about them. They're pretty damn catchy.

Well, technically, you should say "her" since it refers to one person. :D

But, yeah, I love her work, especially what she did for Please! Teacher/Twins and SHANA.

Hm, I'm impressed. Some of these artists i've never heard of. Then again I mostly listen to music from anime. Especially from Naruto and Bleach. My favorite genre is a toss-up between J-rock and J-pop(I can't resist the adorable voices! X3).

As much as I'm unimpressed with the Naruto and Bleach anime (though the manga are two of my favorites), I will admit that they have some of the best theme songs in anime.

The Pillows <3

Younha <3 (J-pop/K-pop)

TVXQ (K-pop)

Asian Kung Fu Generation

Nana Kitade

Utada Hikaru

Ai Otsuka

Well, my favourite Japanese band evar has to be L'Arc~en~Ciel. Rarr, love 'em. <3 I've got about 8 of their albums, I'm only missing about 3 of them, lol. I shall get them... someday! XD Seriously though, I listen to them most days. I dread to think of how much I've listened to their music overrall. O_O

I also like the members solo efforts too. Loved Roentgen by HYDE though I did like 666 and Faith too, not as sure about VAMPS though... I really liked tetsu's solo stuff as TETSU69 but he hasn't done anything in a long while now. Ken's stuff is my favourite atm though, Deeper is a great song. ^^ I also like acid androids stuff too, bought Purification at the Telford expo not long ago after not finding much else there to buy.

I also really like Malice Mizer. Can't really say I have a particular favourite era, though - merveilles is my favourite album though. I also like artists like Gackt, X JAPAN, LUNA SEA.... and other random ones that I've forgotten, lol.

Oh! I almost forgot about Dreams Come True. I first came across them after hearing about Masato Nakamura composing the music for Sonic 1 and 2 and listened to the songs that sounded like the songs from the games out of sheer curiousity. Then I listened to The Swinging Star, one of the first japanese albums I had ever listened to. Miwa Yoshida has a great voice. :D And there's just something about them that I really like.

And apart from that I've just listened to loads of random artists that I've just happened to come across one way or another or from anime/movies. There's a guy at my school whos into Japanese music so he's shown me a lot of them, mostly obscure visual kei bands if it's not something to do with Dir en grey. XD I've also listened to about two of their albums but I dunno, I just never really got into them. :/

There's another guy at school too who listens to some Japanese music as well and he showed me a song by Jero a whie back, and he had a folder with Koda Kumi on it, lol. The only songs I've heard by her are the ones on FFX-2 - Real Emotion and 1000 Words, both great songs though I do like the latter more. :B

Big J-rock fan. Faves include:

Maximum the Hormone (glad Death Note is giving these guys the coverage they need. They're awesome live aswell)

Girugamesh (seeing them in May! Can't wait)

Alice Nine. (they're all men but they all look like very attractive women! Argh, the confusion!)

Blood Stain Child (crazy metal/dance crossover band. Think In Flames meets Basshunter)

The Mad Capsule Markets (Japan's once biggest band! Can't believe anyone hasn't mentioned them yet)

Abingdon Boys School (check out the Howling PV on YouTube, I bet you'll love 'em)

Dir en Grey (bit strange at times but Marrow of a Bone has to be one of the angriest albums ever written)

Edited by Sonic Yoda

Well, my favourite Japanese band evar has to be L'Arc~en~Ciel. Rarr, love 'em. <3 I've got about 8 of their albums, I'm only missing about 3 of them, lol. I shall get them... someday! XD Seriously though, I listen to them most days. I dread to think of how much I've listened to their music overrall. O_O

L'Arc-en-Ciel definitly rock. Hyde and Tetsu are hott. Ken is okay. Yukihiro's just plain out not hott. I have tons of their songs on my iPod. *listens to iPod* WOOT!!! :D

Big J-rock fan. Faves include:

Maximum the Hormone (glad Death Note is giving these guys the coverage they need. They're awesome live aswell)

Girugamesh (seeing them in May! Can't wait)

Alice Nine. (they're all men but they all look like very attractive women! Argh, the confusion!)

Blood Stain Child (crazy metal/dance crossover band. Think In Flames meets Basshunter)

The Mad Capsule Markets (Japan's once biggest band! Can't believe anyone hasn't mentioned them yet)

Abingdon Boys School (check out the Howling PV on YouTube, I bet you'll love 'em)

Dir en Grey (bit strange at times but Marrow of a Bone has to be one of the angriest albums ever written)

Yesh! (yes with an h :D) I lurve Maximum the Hormone and Dir en Grey!! Dir en Grey's music videos are sick! WOOT! I'm glad you guys have awesome taste in music.

The only ones I really enjoy are m-flo, Utada Hikaru and Puffy AmiYumi. m-flo does some awesome songs. My favourite one by them is called TRIPOD BABY LOVES LISA. Some of you might know it as the song which had a remixed version to commerate with ShtH's release and featured a breakdancing Shadow in the music video. XD

Well I don't listen to Japanese rock, and I really don't plan to start to.

But the one of few japan bands that that I heard and like is Orange Range!

(their awesome)

Their a cool band but they have NOTHING on BoA.

She is the hottest |asian| woman alive, she can sing and she can dance.

HUBBA-BUBBA-BUBA. :lol:

Edited by Josh

M-Flo baby! J-Hip Hop is some good stuff.

Now if only I knew what most of it was saying. There's a fair amount of english tho.

Japan knows how to make some music. J-Rap, J-Pop, J-Rock, etc. Most of it is more positive and uplifting than the more darker tones of some music in the western world. But it doesn't matter how hard you think you are, or how hard you think you're soundtrack collection is, Japanese music will suck you into their world.

OMGYES M-FLO.

XD

Remember their song with Shadow in it?

I can't remember what it's called..

BUT SHADS DANCES.

My eyes...

THEY BURN.

Oh I also LOVE Aya Hirano and her songs God Bless..and her part in Hare Hare Yukai (Which i'm leaning the dance for...NO SCRAP THAT, I've learnt it, but need to perfect a few minor touches. Plus I need mum to help me make a Haruhi Cosplay costume, complete with skirt and the orange band. [i'll buy a skirt that looks the most like Haruhi's and modify it..]

OH AND LET'S NOT FORGET THE YELLOW RIBBON.

Woe betide if I forgot the YELLOW RIBBON)

I love Aya Hirano too, she has an amazing voice and she's really good at singing terrbily in Lucky Star. She's probably my favourite J-pop singer along with Kotoko. If I had to choose a favourite band it would be Two-Mix.

Edited by CreamyBagel

I have a few Japanese songs most of them are ones featured on the Japanese Rhythm games as I tend to find myself addicted to those games and become brain washed into enjoying the songs. If it isn't one from a rhythm game it is normally one from an anime I enjoy or a Japanese film.