Awoo.

The Sonic Mindblow and Conspiracy Thread

Indigo Rush

I assume that when the the moon was hit with negative energy in Colors, it was the moon that wasn't blown to smitheriens.

Edited by The Noodle

Here's some other wacky coincidence in the realm of murals and ancient carvings:

2j3lago.jpg

Coincidence? Yes. Unsee-able? Absolutely!

Actually, the pattern depicts two lions kneeling on a fountain, presumably drinking from it.

I always thought that the island in the background of Emerald Hill Zone was the back of South Island;

som.jpg

• Thumbs Up 9

som.jpg

Every time I play through Sonic 2.

I always think that place in the background is Hill Top Zone.

• Thumbs Up 1

Grab your spy glasses and tin foil hats! This is dedicated for those moments where we look at the screen and go ... WHAT.

This thread is for things in the games we may have overlooked, things we have taken for granted, bizarre coincidences, and things we just never knew about before! And here's what I have to start us off with:

First of all, I'm sure most of us are aware of the foreshadowing of Sonic 3 & Knuckles' final battle in Hidden Palace Zone:

dnbx9g.jpg34zizp1.jpg

Pretty cool, huh? Well, I came across something that I have not seen before...

69m4w1.jpg

And yes, I checked the sprite sheet... it's legit.

I'm not sure if any of you had caught that, but it blew my mind.

And now for the actual conspiracy part -

2cicjzo.jpg

We all know that Shadow looks like Sonic. Maybe not by our standards (one is blue, the other is black and red with a different hair style) but Amy and the government (and media) certainly can't seem to tell the difference! I know, all hedgehogs look the same, right? Well, here's a little theory I've seen float around, and it does tie back to the mural in Hidden Palace Zone and the Sonic statues in Hydro City Zone.

What if, as Prof. Gerald was doing his research for utilizing the Chaos Emeralds to create the Ultimate Life Form, he came across these specific murals and statues, and read the prophecies regarding them? It's obvious that the echidnas foretold of a super-powered hedgehog who would face off against a rotund mustachioed man over the fate of the Master Emerald.

I've always liked the theory that the reason Shadow looks so much like Sonic (or rather, Super Sonic) is due to the ancient murals in the Hidden Palace, though there's one thing I'd like to suggest that's different from your theory.

You give the idea that the mural obviously foretells that Sonic and Eggman will face each other over the Master Emerald, but I think it's only obvious to us because we know the story. If someone just saw that mural without knowing the full story, would be it so obvious what's going on there?

I think it's possible that Gerald could have misinterpreted the mural as a representation of himself and Shadow, rather than Eggman and Sonic. Look at it another way, it could be interpreted as something akin to Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel painting of the creation of Adam, with Gerald being God, and Shadow being Adam.

The-Creation-of-Adam-Michelangelo-631.jpg

It could be seen as though Gerald is opening his arms to Shadow, his new born 'son', with the Chaos Emerald being the connection between them, it's like they're reaching out to each other. Imagine if Gerald saw the ancient murals and thought it was a foretelling of his creation of Shadow through the help of the Chaos Emeralds.

That's my personal favourite of the theory. I seriously, seriously doubt it's actually what went through the minds of the designers tongue.png but it's a fun theory.

Edited by ENVY
  • Thumbs Up 8

The theory of Gerald had created Shadow's design after the Super Sonic's mural is awesome, I already thought about that smile.png And the mural itself is awesome too, the first time I saw it I was like "omg, Eggman is carrying the ME in space and fighting an angel??!". And the joy when I've reached the Doomsday Zone and saw it was a profhecy =')

Sorry I don't have any mind blowing thing to share, except... Do you guys know about the legendary Sonic 3&K's 8th Chaos Emerald?

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 2

We all know that Shadow looks like Sonic. Maybe not by our standards (one is blue, the other is black and red with a different hair style) but Amy and the government (and media) certainly can't seem to tell the difference! I know, all hedgehogs look the same, right? Well, here's a little theory I've seen float around, and it does tie back to the mural in Hidden Palace Zone and the Sonic statues in Hydro City Zone.

What if, as Prof. Gerald was doing his research for utilizing the Chaos Emeralds to create the Ultimate Life Form, he came across these specific murals and statues, and read the prophecies regarding them? It's obvious that the echidnas foretold of a super-powered hedgehog who would face off against a rotund mustachioed man over the fate of the Master Emerald. However, what if Prof Gerald took his research further? It could be likely that after the Biolizard failed to properly harbor immortality without a special support system, Gerald theorized that it needed to be in the form of a male hedgehog? This could be the reason for Shadow being able to use the Chaos Emeralds to such a mass scale, not just because of his blood being from Black Doom or other tampering. Maybe there's something to the hedgehogian form?

Here's the thing. While Tails and Knuckles have been shown to use the Emeralds to some degree, they never fully "transform." It's true that they're referred to as Super Tails and Super / Hyper Knuckles, their bodies do little else but glow a little. Meanwhile, Sonic, Shadow and Silver show complete transformations into gold, complete with new hairstyles and eye color changes.

Could this mean that in order to use the Chaos Emeralds to their fullest potential, you have to be a male hedgehog? It would seem so. After all, it wasn't until Shadow was created as a hedgehog that he was a successful creation. And considering the likeness between Shadow and Sonic, could it be intentional on Prof Gerald's part? Could he have seen these ancient murals, statues and markings and have come to the conclusion that, just maybe, the mustachioed man was HIM, the hedgehog was SHADOW, and the emerald was a symbol of Chaos energy? Or, it could be one of those prophecies that fortell a continual loop:

Prof Gerald to Shadow

Dr Eggman to Sonic

Eggman Nega to Silver

A fat mustached man and his relationship (good or bad) with a Chaos Emerald using hedgehog?

This would've actually have made a MUCH better plot for Shadow's game than what we got.

Edited by Rusty Spy
  • Thumbs Up 9

Could this mean that in order to use the Chaos Emeralds to their fullest potential, you have to be a male hedgehog?
I certainly hope not, as that's an immensely stupid requirement.

Unless... The Chaos Emeralds were made of hedgehogs' DNA!?!! PAM PAM PAM

• Thumbs Up 4

dnbx9g.jpg34zizp1.jpg

Yes I always loved that picture in S3&K's Hidden Palace. It blew my mind when I first saw it. Just looking at that screenshot of the epic chase in Doomsday Zone makes me think that the end sequence of Bosses in Death Egg Act 2 and Doomsday Zone is the most epic finish to a Sonic game ever.

You would think that having seen that picture (vision of the future) in Hidden Palace, that Knuckles would have attacked Robotnik on site when his Death egg crashlanded on Floating Island and not Sonic. I mean Knuckles didn't like anyone holding the Master Emerald (apart from himself) and in the picture it is the Death Egg Robot holding the Master Emerald and not Sonic! Even the picture gives the impression that Sonic was trying to stop the enemy. Poor gullable Knuckles.

Of course Knuckles might of thought that it was a Sea Horse and not a Hedgehog trying to defy the Death Egg Robot? He looks more like a Sea Horse than a Hedgehog (IMO) in that picture.

Edited by MilesKnightwing
  • Thumbs Up 4

Then perhaps there's another thing we haven't been able to factor in yet. Either way you look at it, after you accept the nature of the franchise in itself, you may as well roll with it.

Or boost with it. Whatever you prefer.

dnbx9g.jpg34zizp1.jpg

Yes I always loved that picture in S3&K's Hidden Palace. It blew my mind when I first saw it. Just looking at that screenshot of the epic chase in Doomsday Zone makes me think that the end sequence of Bosses in Death Egg Act 2 and Doomsday Zone is the most epic finish to a Sonic game ever.

You would think that having seen that picture (vision of the future) in Hidden Palace, that Knuckles would have attacked Robotnik on site when his Death egg crashlanded on Floating Island and not Sonic. I mean Knuckles didn't like anyone holding the Master Emerald (apart from himself) and in the picture it is the Death Egg Robot holding the Master Emerald and not Sonic! Even the picture gives the impression that Sonic was trying to stop the enemy. Poor gullable Knuckles.

Of course Knuckles might of thought that it was a Sea Horse and not a Hedgehog trying to defy the Death Egg Robot? He looks more like a Sea Horse that a Hedgehog (IMO) in that picture.

That one shouldn't be too difficult. Knuckles could have easily misinterpreted it to mean that Eggman was protecting the Master Emerald from Sonic. I mean, isn't that what was implied when Eggman initially asked Knuckles for his assistance in foiling Sonic?

"Hey, see that big mustached guy? That's me protecting your emerald. That blue hedgehog stole the Chaos Emeralds and is after the Master Emerald next! Let's team up so we can stop him and save the island!"

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 4

dnbx9g.jpg34zizp1.jpg

Of course Knuckles might of thought that it was a Sea Horse and not a Hedgehog trying to defy the Death Egg Robot? He looks more like a Sea Horse that a Hedgehog (IMO) in that picture.

You know how Sonic jumps off the Tornado and turns super before flying on to the floating island. Well apart from making a cool entrance maybe it was all part of the plan to get Knuckles (the guardian) on their side. So Tails is researching the mystical floating Island and sees a picture of the hidden palace mural and recognises that the yellow thing must be Super Sonic having already seen Sonic turn super in Sonic 2. So the plan is for Sonic to transform just before landing on the floating Isle and the guardian would recognise him as the mythical saviour of the Master emerald.

• Thumbs Up 1

That one shouldn't be too difficult. Knuckles could have easily misinterpreted it to mean that Eggman was protecting the Master Emerald from Sonic. I mean, isn't that what was implied when Eggman initially asked Knuckles for his assistance in foiling Sonic?

"Hey, see that big mustached guy? That's me protecting your emerald. That blue hedgehog stole the Chaos Emeralds and is after the Master Emerald next! Let's team up so we can stop him and save the island!"

Yes I know what you mean.

Taking a look at the below picture makes me wonder if Knuckles (with his big ego) thought that he was the masked warrior holding the emerald, i.e. that the picture depicted the fight Sonic and Knuckles were having right then. Well obviously that is not the case, but the picture makes the fight scene extra special:

Hiddenpalacesk.png

Oh and I prefer Hyper Sonic in space and not Super Sonic The picture makes me think Sonic is in his Hyper form and not Super:

Edited by MilesKnightwing

Maybe it's just something like Sonic is the Chosen One, Shadow was made as Substitute Chosen One so Gerald could get all the power/ladies, and Silver is just straight-up not-canon. Knuckles' super form is still a bit of a problem, but who knows, could be an echidna thing. It's cliche as all get-out, sure, but then again that's pretty par-for-the-course when it comes to Sonic.

/tinfoilhat

Knuckles has no ears. None at all. Even that cutscene in Sonic 06 where he lands on his head, there's nothing under his dreadlocks!

So I suppose he has holes in his head to hear with, like a lizard or something. Creepy.

• Thumbs Up 6

^^^

Poor Knuckles is deaf, and Espio can't smell anything.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 7

Nevermind the fact that Charmy has a nose like a hedgehog. Er, every character besides Vector.

And for that matter, Charmy has 4 limbs rather than 6. Oh well, in a series where a fox can have 2 tails, I guess a bee can have 4 limbs and a button nose.

Check this out boays:

When Sonic defeated Perfect Chaos in Sonic Adventure 1 he said he'll play with him some other time. And he actually did it, in Generations.

It's an infinite loop. Classics Sonic's memory of the future was not erased! He knew it would happen again!

*Okay now let me make a crazy theory here for all to quietly laugh at enjoy.*

Okay y'know what screw it I'm too lazy to type up some psychotic theory.

Edited by Wooly-osaur

Not as stupid as half the ideas Sonic Team have come up with.

• Thumbs Up 7

Check this out boays:

When Sonic defeated Perfect Chaos in Sonic Adventure 1 he said he'll play with him some other time. And he actually did it, in Generations.

Even better, in the cgi cutscene after the Egg Dragoon fight in Unleashed, Eggman said he'll build a prototype 2. And sure enough he kept his word when Generations came around.

• Thumbs Up 7