Awoo.

The Sonic Mindblow and Conspiracy Thread

Indigo Rush

The topic is about awe-inspiring mindblowing, not rage-induced mindblowing.

Like how the islands from SRA are very similar to levels from Sonic 3 & Knuckles, implying that the Sol Dimension's Angel Island broke apart and the pieces created islands.

• Thumbs Up 1

What about that 'Angel' statue in the Past version of Wacky Workbench Zone 1 (Sonic CD).

If you touch it, Sonic gets about 60 rings. Now thats what you cool an Angel. I don't know if there was an offiical name for that statue.

So that statue appears in CD, and then Sonic and Tails start off in Angel Island Zone in Sonic 3. Was the statue trying to tell us something?

Edited by MilesKnightwing

I think a few people are missing the point of this thread! It's not a "make up random shit" thread, it's a "show something from the series that will shock us" thread. Or at least, that's the perception I got from the opening post.

• Thumbs Up 6

I still maintain you're straw clutching with that one, as with most things in this thread.

I remember that I could be a blue Knux in Sonic 3 and Knuckles, but I am not sure that is mindblowing.

You know that Sonic is possessive of his shoes and/or feels a real connection to them when he engraves the soles of them with his own name;

shoeyf5.jpg

Someone at Retro discovered this, not me.

• Thumbs Up 3

You know that Sonic is possessive of his shoes and/or feels a real connection to them when he engraves the soles of them with his own name;

shoeyf5.jpg

Someone at Retro discovered this, not me.

What this is mind blowing! From what game is this Sonic Adventure DX right?

Emerald Town wasn't a one-game thing;

*snip*

The characters really do live there.

But the trees in Emerald Town are just generic GHZ-esque palms.

Also I don't see a non-palm tree to match the one in that shot with Gemerl. (also where are the other two shots from? I don't recognize them)

(also where are the other two shots from? I don't recognize them)

The lab one is from a cutscene in Sonic Jump whilst the palmtree one is from Shuffle's credits.

Two generic labs that look quite different, two generic beach scenes and two generic houses. There's really nothing in it.

Emerald Town wasn't a one-game thing;

mindblown.png

The characters really do live there.

What game is that picture of the classic four in the sunset from?

Sonic Shuffle. It's a picture from the credits sequence.

If I recall correctly, that picture is from Sonic Shuffle's ending credits.

Edit: Eh, what Verte said. Ninja'd again...

Edited by Komodin

At the end of Frog Forest, the platform with the goal ring on it shaped like an enormous pair of jaws, foreshadowing the crocodile you meet in the next level.

• Thumbs Up 1

I dunno about the lab and sunset one, but I could believe the house since Advance 3 is basically a direct sequel to Battle, even though it's also a direct sequel to Sonic Advance 2.

Also, the Chaos = Mutant Light Chaos chao thing always seemed obvious to me...but what part of the chao contains the giant lizard form DNA? The chao look nothing like angry lizards!

I agree the town thing is a bit straw-clutching but I choose to buy into it myself. Moaning that the similarities aren't pixel perfect in each game is kind of like saying Sonic in the Riders' games isn't the same Sonic because he has different propotions and outfit. =B

Well I sort of buy into it anyway. I think to think of it as one of several places they live it would seem. After all Tails' has yet another workshop in Adventure and another in Rush and Cream has a different looking house in Rush.

Man, maybe we're discovering just where ALL of them keep all those gold rings. They've taken their fame and riches and all become property tycoons.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

Regarding Sonic Adventure, characters recieved re-designs.

But early beta and concept art pictures show that though they were redesigned, their eyes remained black:

AMY.jpg

sonic_adventure_conceptart_1rJpa.jpg

I wonder if any other models were like this.

• Thumbs Up 4

Speaking of which, in a Sonic Adventure Japanese commercial featuring Tails speaking about his role in the story (can be seen below), there's a scene (0:18 in the video) that uses 3D models of Sonic and Tails in their classic designs. it could be likely that classic designs were probably going to be used at some point before they opted to redesign the characters The models look like they are from the models seen in Sonic games on the Sega Saturn (they are either from Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Jam, or Sonic R). Note that 3D Blast (Saturn) was first released in 1996 in NA (it was later released in 1997 in PAL territories and 1998 in Japan), and the latter two games were both released in 1997. Sonic Adventure was first released at the end of 1998 in Japan.

The character models seem to get better with every new game. But for some fans it just takes it farther away from the "great" classic designs.

The models look like they are from the models seen in Sonic games on the Sega Saturn

I've read that, EXTREMELY early on, they were actually using the ones from R as placeholders.

Back to that Chao/Chaos theory, I read on Sonic Wiki, that if you raise a chao in certain manner, it will become a chaos chao.

Chaos_chao.jpg

In order to do this, you need to give the chao EXACTLY one of each animal(and no light cores). Are we to assume this was how chaos elevolved? Maybe the chaos emeralds and master emerld have something to do with it, given his close connection to them, and how he's able to use to emeralds to evolve...

^

So Chaos 0 could be a running type animal. Chaos 2, a power type animal and Chaos 4 could be a swimming type animal. And Chaos 6 is a mixture of both.