Awoo.

Which Sonic character(s) do you want in Super Smash Bros. 4?

Jack / Joker

With SSB4 in the works there's a good chance Sonic will appear and a fair enough one that one of his "shitty friends" will appear. Who would you like to see alongside Mario, Link and Yoshi and the like?

I doubt Sonic will make it in again, Smash Bros is for Nintendo. Pulling a third part character twice may not happen, and if they did, they'll probably switch it up.

However, if Sonic makes it in again, and someone else, I want it to be Eggman. Hero and Villain. I can see him being in his Walker from Adventure 2, with perhaps some modifications for grappling. Design it to be a fighter.

Other than that, Knuckles and Tails are obvious choices. Tails before Knuckles, of course.

And how is Shadow a dick move? Clone characters, Luigi to Mario, Falco to Fox, and from the Melee age, Captain Falcon to Ganondorf (if I recall correctly), have always existed. Shadow to Sonic wouldn't be a huge stretch, or even problematic. Plus, he's still a popular character. What's wrong with throwing a bone to those fans? On the grounds of seniority, I understand -- Tails and Knuckles existed first. But just because you don't like him, isn't a reason to spoil things for other fans. That's pretty selfish.

• Thumbs Up 1

Although I agree with Dio, if any other Sonic characters were included, I'd simply only want one more.

That said, this other character would probably either be Eggman in a mech of some sort, or Tails, since he's Sonic's right hand man.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly I'd rather not beat another dead horse here. Though while I'll prefer no Sonic characters in SSB4, at least Sonic as a fighter is all I can handle really. But that's just me.

I'd prefer it to just be Sonic. Though, I'm not gonna lie... even though I don't care for the character all that much, I wouldn't mind seeing Shadow, only because I think he has potential to be a "better Sonic", as I think you can do more with him, like give him some sort of projectile or something.
Sonic had a projectile in Sonic Battle. Sonic is kind of boring in Brawl, but I don't think that's because they reached the limits of what they can do with him...more that they just took some of his most obvious moves and filled the rest with mostly generic abilities, instead of digging a bit deeper and seeing what he's done besides jump, spin, and homing attack.

Sonic had a projectile in Sonic Battle. Sonic is kind of boring in Brawl, but I don't think that's because they reached the limits of what they can do with him...more that they just took some of his most obvious moves and filled the rest with mostly generic abilities, instead of digging a bit deeper and seeing what he's done besides jump, spin, and homing attack.

To be fair, those are his most basic abilities, and everyone else in Brawl are tied to the same thing, even in Battle he didn't have much going for him aside from a few kicking moves. Plus his up throw is pretty unique, when was the last time Sonic used his spikes as a means of attacking?

Edited by The Batman

Blegh, Sonic is enough, thanks. I'm worried enough that Namco helping to produce this game is going to fill it with non-Nintendo, unnecessary characters without having to worry about seeing Shadow's stupid face in this game.

I'd prefer it to just be Sonic. Though, I'm not gonna lie... even though I don't care for the character all that much, I wouldn't mind seeing Shadow, only because I think he has potential to be a "better Sonic", as I think you can do more with him, like give him some sort of projectile or something.

You mean Shadow the haxhog?

It's as broken as it looks.

And how is Shadow a dick move? Clone characters, Luigi to Mario, Falco to Fox, and from the Melee age, Captain Falcon to Ganondorf (if I recall correctly), have always existed. Shadow to Sonic wouldn't be a huge stretch, or problematic. Plus, he's still a popular character. What's wrong with throwing a bone to those fans? On the grounds of seniority, I understand -- Tails and Knuckles existed first. But just because you don't like him, isn't a reason to spoil things for other fans. That's pretty selfish.

Sorry, that's biased Shadow-basher me talking, mustn't let that happen again...

Well if they included Shadow arguably more popular and deserving characters would miss out... Plus, Eggman, Tails and Knuckles are the three characters who don't get panned by critics because "Ew, Sonic characters!"... I'd like to see Knuckles but watching the good Doctor Ivo show Bowser, Dedede and Ganondorf who the real evil king is would be epic on the highest standard!

• Thumbs Up 1

but watching the good Doctor Ivo show Bowser, Dedede and Ganondorf who the real evil king is would be epic on the highest standard!

If you're implying that Eggman could best Ganondorf in a battle, I'm going to laugh at you. A lot.

If you're implying that Eggman could best Ganondorf in a battle, I'm going to laugh at you. A lot.

Bearing in mind Ganondorf is PATHETIC in Smash? Same for Bowser actually but not the Kirby character, oh no...

Actually, it would be kind of cool to have skins for Sonic that would basically be different character models: Classic Sonic, Shadow, and Silver. They all share his basic moves and can turn Super, so it makes sense (but destroys my Werehog idea ;~;.) It's roster padding without being roster padding; everyone wins.

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh, I was talking about the actual characters.

Yeah, Ganondorf is ass in Smash, which is beyond retarded considering he's one of Nintendo's most powerful characters.

Anyway, back to topic. If I had to pick a character to accompany Sonic into Smash, it would be Robotnik, in one form or another, but that's only if I had a gun to my head.

Yeah, Ganondorf is ass in Smash, which is beyond retarded considering he's one of Nintendo's most powerful characters.

That's one of my main problems with SSB, why are characters like Link, DK, Mario and Ganondorf so weak while Diddy Kong and Ice Climbers reign supreme? That's... NO!

To be fair, those are his most basic abilities,
Well I don't expect them to not use his basic abilities, just that there's plenty more available and a lot of moves to fill.

and everyone else in Brawl are tied to the same thing,
Eh? Pretty much everyone has common and expected moves, but there's plenty of characters with moves based on less famous abilities, moves that were invented from scratch, moves based on other characters' moves...

If nothing else they could've done better than having two spindashes...

Actually, it would be kind of cool to have skins for Sonic that would basically be different character models: Classic Sonic, Shadow, and Silver. They all share his basic moves and can turn Super, so it makes sense (but destroys my Werehog idea ;~;.) It's roster padding without being roster padding; everyone wins.
I would be cool with this. As long as you add Metal Sonic (either give him a Super form or use his attacks from the CD fight or something).

Giant Pig Ganon vs Death Egg Robot.

I await the day someone makes this a reality.

• Thumbs Up 3

I would be cool with this. As long as you add Metal Sonic (either give him a Super form or use his attacks from the CD fight or something).

I totally forgot about Metal. Well, in the tradition of there only being three alternate skins, sorry Silver fans. xP

And Metal's super form could probably just be Super Mecha Sonic or something. It'd be a nice little nod and add some consistency.

The more I think about this, the more I just want a Sonic fighter in the style of SSB... Take a few characters from each Era, some nice arenas, and throw in some obscure characters like Mighty and Mephi and I'll be happy!

I totally forgot about Metal. Well, in the tradition of there only being three alternate skins, sorry Silver fans. xP

I'm not sure Silver would be a good fit anyway, since telekinesis is his primary ability. But yeah, Shadow and Metal skins sound like a good idea.

Edited by Lungo

Doubt there will be other characters besides Sonic, but I would like to see Tails or Knuckles. Preferably the latter since its a fighting game after all, and Knuckles is cool. =P

As for skins, a Dark Sonic (similar to Dark Link) and Metal Sonic would be cool. The skins in Brawl were so half assed!

Edited by Gabz Girl
  • Thumbs Up 1

Really I'm not fussed with just Sonic. This is Nintendo's fighter after all. At a stretch someone like Knuckles or Tails would be pretty cool but really Sonic is all that is necessary. And no Shadow please. As a Brawl modder, I'm fucking sick of Shadow. Seems completely irrelevant and stupid but trust me, if you were as involved with the scene as I would you would understand where I'm coming from.

As for how Sonic's moves would function, well personally I'd like to see him play more like the Project:M Sonic. Faster, more fluid, more precise and even more unpredictable:

The more I use Sonic, the more I think his fundamental moveset basis he had in Brawl doesn't really need changing all that much. His spinning moves actually make him fairly unique as far as mobility options go and they give him a level of unpredictability. Forcing something like his Light Speed Attack or his Boost may end up just feeling gimmicky and incoherent for the sole purpose of trying to make his moveset more varied or canon. Just change up a couple of his normal attacks, give him a little more kill potential, better priority and just overall make him better and we should be good to go.

*cough*shamelessselfadvertising*cough**cough*downloadprojectmtoday*cough*

As for skins, nothing that drastically changes him from who he is. Maybe something that references another character. For example, he gets a few model and texture edits to look like Metal Sonic, but still has Sonic's quills and stuff like that. Generally, I'd like them to just stick with "canon retextures" like MvC3 did and maybe have one alternate costume.

Edited by SiLeNt PyRrH0n
  • Thumbs Up 3

Well I don't expect them to not use his basic abilities, just that there's plenty more available and a lot of moves to fill.

Eh? Pretty much everyone has common and expected moves, but there's plenty of characters with moves based on less famous abilities, moves that were invented from scratch, moves based on other characters' moves...

If nothing else they could've done better than having two spindashes...

Those characters usually have moves to compensate for the fact that they don't fight hand to hand in their home series; Mario has fireballs, his cape, and Fludd and that's about it. Link has his sword obviously and all the items he normally collects in his games, etc. etc. I mean they definitely could stand to add more moves to the characters beyond their standards, but otherwise it's fine, if a little boring.

But yes, they could have done more than two spin dashes. What's the difference between them anyway?