Awoo.

Yakuza 1 & 2 HD Edition, Get Yo Kicks With Uncle Kaz.

Badnik Mechanic

Sega have finally openly announced that their next game/s to get the HD treatment will be Yakuza 1 & 2. Releasing at the end of the year in Japan, (no western release date so far).

So far it's a PS3 exclusive title. No idea if anything new has been added other than the HD coat of paint. Famitsu has the exclusive first look in it's newest issue, so far the only image is of this teaser from it's own website.

l_500689a44c700.jpg

Really would like this to get a western release, love the Yakuza games.

• Thumbs Up 1

If it releases over here it'll be DD only, going by SEGA's current business model. Not sure I'd rebuy this, as the games are too similar and latter iterations have greatly expanded upon eariler entries, but the plot in 2 is amazing. Totally recommended for any interested newcomers.

Currently working my way through Yakuza 4's sidequests before ending the story - so good.

Mandatory.

Actually, it has been confirmed that there will be shorter load times (apparently, it was a pain in the original?) & the addition of sorting your inventory at certain locations.

Cannot wait and Yakuza has since surpassed Sonic as my favorite Sega based franchise. Never played 1 or 2, so I'm looking forward to this. I'd love if this and Yakuza 5 had western release dates by next March 2013, but its doubtful.sad.png