Awoo.

Best and Worst Pokemanz!

Gabz Girl

Stealth Rock cuts its HP in half, it has no base stat over 110, Stealth Rock cuts its HP in half, it's Special Ability, Solar Power, has the side effect of losing HP for each attack it uses to compensate for the boosted power, Stealth Rock cuts its HP in half, it's hit hard by incoming Rock moves and doesn't have much physical bulk to take physical hits, and Stealth Rock cuts its HP in half.

• Thumbs Up 1

Damn. Thanks for killing my favorite pokemon. Kinda glad I don't play the games anymore.

Eh. I think entry hazards are pretty cheap myself. I still love Charizard and prefer to use it over any other fire type, but... yeesh. Stealth rock is nasty business.

Solar Power does help it tremendously, to its credit; any special move coming off a 475 Sp. Atk. is going to hurt like hell. But with the Stealth Rock weakness and the side effect of Solar Power, Charizard's going down in a few turns no matter what, due to either the opponent whittling Charizard down, or by Solar Power getting him in range for a KO move. Treat him as a high-risk, high-reward kamikaze fighter, and you'll get at least one Pokemon down, while risking anything with priority coming in and ruining your fun. Treat it as anything else, and you're basically using a weaker Moltres.

Edited by Qwilfish

It's a shame one of the most badass pokemon is also one of the worst pokemon competitively, it's one of the things I hate about the metagame, if you even wanna be good you may or may not be able to use your favorite pokemon.

• Thumbs Up 7

Pretty sure that was sarcasm.

Ironically, although I was being sarcastic, I really DO hate most Pokemon I didn't grow up with. :V Or ones that didn't evolve from ones that I grew up with.

Although it's not because I didn't grow up with them, it's just because I really don't care for them.

The only favorites (Other than Missingno.) that I have are Lucario, Blaziken, and Charizard.

*sigh* 2 out of 3 won't do good online. Oh well.

The only favorites (Other than Missingno.) that I have are Lucario, Blaziken, and Charizard.

*sigh* 2 out of 3 won't do good online. Oh well.

Blaziken is a monster now, if I'm not mistaken.

Like, literally unbeatable.

And it's won't do WELL online. -shot-

Edited by HyperMetalWario

Dunno about two of them. Lucario's in OU, and Blaziken is the first starter Pokemon to be banned in competitive play, thanks to Speed Boost.

OU?

The Overused tier.

Things like Ferrothorn, Lucario, Salamence, and Skarmory go there due to their power and popularity due to the said power.

Also I'll do a post on my favorites and most hated pokemon later.

Edited by Crow the BOOLET

The tier where the most common Pokemon seen in the metagame reside. It's the OverUsed tier.

Blaziken was considered too good for even that. Crazy chicken.

Edited by Qwilfish

OU?

Overused, the metagame divides the Pokemon up by tiers(according to Smogon anyway), and OU are the best Pokemon short of Ubers(The Legendaries, and a few other Pokemon like Garchomp and Blaziken). A pokemon's tier is decided by it's usefulness in battle.

There are about 6 tiers I think, from bottom to top tier:

NU(Neverused)

RU(Rarelyused)

UU(Underused)

OU(Overused)

Uber.

Edited by The Batman

Oh. Well, I'm still going to have him in my team regardless of being overused.

Sorry for going off topic there. proceed! :3

Oh yeah, that's the best thing I can advise; use whoever you feel like and don't be discouraged if it's a high tier Pokemon. Beside, you can actually surprise a few people by using Pokemon they'll never expect.

You know I could have sworn this topic is about discussing personal favorites and least favorites rather than going on about shit like tiers.

• Thumbs Up 5

Sean there, hitting the B button on this thread's evolution process. :D

I changed my mind, my favourite pokémon is this one someone posted earlier

210px-395Empoleon.png

because I love things that just look terrible. I'm gonna design a pokémon right now. It's called Speaker, it's a dog-type, and it's some speakers. It evolves into Subwoofer.

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly don't care about tiers and the metagame at all; since all my Pokemon are for in-game use only, I just pick my favourites in terms of visuals and typing without bothering with how effective they actually are - assuming that the game actually makes them accessible (which can be a problem sometimes). I don't like the "common" Pokemon - you know, your generic rats and birds - but I'm also not too fond of ones that are supposedly obscure but are actually pretty commonly-used. I guess my favourites are Pokemon that are kinda "cool," but not necessarily cool as most people would recognise it. To refer to an example from the first post, I like Stunfisk; I think it's cute and weird, and therefore deserving of a place on somebody's team. And as far as starters go, I swore a vow long ago to only use Fire-type starters, and on the conditions of choice I've set myself, I've never been disappointed. ...Still, Gen VI better not have another Fire/Fighting starter, aye? I think there's a reasonably good chance that Emboar wasn't designed as a Fighting-type anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

Going along the lines of Empoleon being a pimp, here's something that always made me laugh:

pimpoleon2.png

name: Pimpoleon

move 1: Double Slap

move 2: Pay Day

move 3: Swagger

move 4: Fly

item: Amulet Coin

ability: Hustle

nature: Bold/Rash

evs: 252 SpA/ 252 SpD

Aight, this is the straight-up O.G. pokemon. He's street-wise and street tough. He's got the right look and all the right moves. Double Slap is for smacking around Blissey when the bitch tries to hold out on my boy. Homie don't play that... Second slot is because this pimp is all about the Benjamins. The man's gots to gets paid! Swagger is for all the punks and shorties to know who's the baddest muthafucka on the block. And Fly is because he's lookin nothin but fly -- in his stylin tux jacket, his puffy afro, big pimpin sunglasses, and bling around the neck.

Amulet Coin is the only thing this bad boy will hold. Leftovers are for pussies that don't know how to eat in style. Hustle isn't just an ability, it's a way of life. Like the song says, "It's hard out here for a pimp..." EV's are set because everybody knows it's special. Most people would say Pimpoleon is Bold. But, it's been known to be Rash, when smackin' the hoes. "Take that, bitches!"

General strategy is to let other pokemon scout for trouble. If it's all good, then big poppa comes out and takes care of bizness. Although he's a water type,Pimpoleon will almost always switch out at the first sign of heat. In the end, this mack daddy is a lover, not a fighter.

Edited by KoA
  • Thumbs Up 9

I see your Magikarp and raise you a Gallade.

motherfckinggallade.png

Edit: No idea why it's so small. But whatever, deal with it.

Edited by HyperMetalWario
  • Thumbs Up 1

200px-568Trubbish.png

Can we talk about what the fuck this actually is?

The most adorable looking trash bag that I've ever seen.

• Thumbs Up 8