Awoo.

Colorado Shooting at Dark Knight Rises Opening

Speederino

Batman didn't come to save everyone. ;~;

But seriously, the security needs to be tighter. He took a GUN into the movies.

That would never fly. Security checkpoints at movie theaters would mean people just wouldn't go to movie theaters.

That would never fly. Security checkpoints at movie theaters would mean people just wouldn't go to movie theaters.

Maybe, but they can't get too lax either, like they are now.

• Thumbs Up 1

I bet none of those people even thought something like this happened, and now 14 people are dead for no real reason

Considering the number of people hospitalized and injured, that number's probably going to rise over the next few days. Fucking awful.

Oh god, you just made me realize how big of a fiasco this is going to be. Before you know it someone will suggest metal detectors and security handlers padding people down at every theater lobby. But like Gilda said, it probably won't actually happen.

And can you imagine how awesome a story it would have been if any of the no-doubt present Batman cos-players had somehow taken him down before anyone was killed? Not sure how they would have done it considering the riot gear, tear gas, gun, and bulletproof vest, but that would have turned this premier into something AWESOME. Instead, we get this.

Edited by Speederino

Such a shame. sad.png

Some of these stupid theories and excuse for what this man did just make me want to facepalm so hard my hand will go through my head.

Reminds me of something I watched on the news were a women was randomly stabbed in the streets walking home by another women, didn't mug her, didn't know her, just stabbed her.

Hate senseless killing.

And can you imagine how awesome a story it would have been if any of the no-doubt present Batman cos-players had somehow taken him down before anyone was killed?

I wish that happened, because I'd name that nerd the new official "Batman", and nobody would've been injured.

Edited by Winston

My username is making me feel very uncomfortable right now.

You're the hero not that Aurora deserved, but the one that it needed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe, but they can't get too lax either, like they are now.

Lax about what? Movie theaters are no different than any other places with large groups of people in them. They don't pat people down when they walk into Wal-Mart.

If a crazed gunman wearing a bulletproof vest, gas mask and carrying tear gas grenades and several guns wanted to get into a movie theater, nothing short of a SWAT team would have stopped him.

Edited by Gilda

Picture of the crazy fucker:

20120720__holmesmug~p1_200.jpg

*sigh* How long before someone Photoshops Joker make-up onto him?

Honestly, what inspires people to do this. Even terrorists. Why? Innocent people just trying to watch a silly movie. The 9/11 attack, innocent people doing their everyday life. It's a shame you have to live everyday like your last. Man, in the past, you didn't even lock your door. Now it doesn't matter if you lock it, they will just make force entry through your window. How sick people are is disturbing to me.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well apparently to what the press conference said the gunman had his car park behind the exit of the movie theater, authorities responded to the scene a minute after the incident was reported, the only time the suspect came into police attention before the incident was a traffic ticket, and they are off duty cops working in the theater but apparently none of them were that night (didn't really get all what he said there).

Edited by TheBlueWind

I can't believe even in this aftermath, people are willing to bring up politics.

I wish they would shut up and stay silent. Today is NOT the day for politics. Even Obama said this, this is not a time to fight over trivial things and talk about politics. Both Obama and Biden cancelled their events.

And I agree with you, I think everyone should just calm down for a moment and it is no the time for fighting and calling each other names it just shows how immature and without care you are.

Apparently, the shooter was a PhD student in neuroscience until a month ago, with no prior convictions or encounters with the law.

The mind boggles.

WHAT THE FARK, MANG.

What flappergasts me is how freaking elaborate this guy's shenanigans were. Armed with four high-caliber weapons, gas mask, bulletproof vest, tear gas, timed his shooting in accordance with a gunfight in the movie, and rigged his apartment with explosives. I mean gosh, son.

GOSH.

Yeah, this is like a terribad thing. Uh. Yeah. Heart goes out to all of those killed and injured, I mean Christ I see like two movies a week and yeah the concept of something like this happening is freaking horrifying.

BAD.

Apparently, the shooter was a PhD student in neuroscience until a month ago, with no prior convictions or encounters with the law.

The mind boggles.

Yeah, I'm hearing more and more about this guy and he's no dummy.

Which is, y'know, even more scary yes.

Edited by HunterTSF

The mind boggles.

Except for a parking ticket, apparently. Perhaps THAT'S what drove him off the deep end *shrugs*

• Thumbs Up 1

WHAT THE FARK, MANG.

What flappergasts me is how freaking elaborate this guy's shenanigans were. Armed with four high-caliber weapons, gas mask, bulletproof vest, tear gas, timed his shooting in accordance with a gunfight in the movie, and rigged his apartment with explosives. I mean gosh, son.

GOSH.

Yeah, this is like a terribad thing. Uh. Yeah. Heart goes out to all of those killed and injured, I mean Christ I see like two movies a week and yeah the concept of something like this happening is freaking horrifying.

BAD.

Tell me about it. I just got back from seeing the movie.

To quote Alfred from 'The Dark Knight':

''Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.''

Edited by blackherox
  • Thumbs Up 9