Awoo.

Colorado Shooting at Dark Knight Rises Opening

Speederino

My dad has a theory that the stress of his PhD work resulted in him not being able to handle it to the extreme and made his mind snap under the pressure. Certainly sounds more plausible than video games doing it. dry.png

My dad has a theory that the stress of his PhD work resulted in him not being able to handle it to the extreme and made his mind snap under the pressure. Certainly sounds more plausible than video games doing it. dry.png

It wasn't a spontaneous act. This was a detailed, planned event with a large amount of preparation all carried out with a cool head. Unless he was doing a very good job of hiding a previous mental disorder to that point (and not the same type of one me and Nepenthe were discussing earlier), him snapping (as it were) wouldn't cause a sequence of events such as this.

Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 4

I can't believe this! I heard about it this afternoon and I'm honestly shocked. How terrible for all those innocent people who wanted to see the movie. The bastard who did it can eat shit and die for all I care.

Also, Christian Bale visiting the wounded in hospital is a great idea! It would definitely give the victims some encouragement and they get to meet the main character of the Dark Knight Rises.

The sad thing is, this guy looks completely normal. This just shows you anyone, even if they look like a normal person, can do a terrible insane crime like this, it's just a damn shame.

• Thumbs Up 2

Don't judge a book by it's cover or in this case don't judge a person by their face.

bvZRU.jpg

Anyone else think that this would be pretty cool for the victims? People described the killer as looking like a "Bane" clone, and the killer himself said he was the Joker. But where was Batman? It would be AMAZING if the real batman showed up to these unfortunate hurt.

Edited by Solkia-kun

^That's exactly what I was thinking when I read that Facebook post, to be completely honest.

That person's heart is in the right place, but something like that would probably be very risky, especially so soon after the traumatic event.

Batman isn't the kind of person to visit the victims of his enemies though, and i can't see something like this happening, it would be cool but a better idea would be to get the actors to sign some merch and a card for them and send it out to them you know? since they never got to see the premier, its the least the movie people could do besides sending their condolences.

Don't judge a book by it's cover or in this case don't judge a person by their face.

To me, he looked like an evil motherfucker at first sight and I saw the picture of the guy like a few minutes before I even knew what the hell it was associated with.

I think I'm honestly just as disgusted by the people trying to capitalize on this and/or using it as a way to spread their political agendas as I am with the tragedy itself, not saying it's not tragic though, it's horrible. I want him off the streets. As long as he never sees the light of day again, I don't care if he gets life in prison or the death penalty, the latter of which I'd preffer regardless of what the anti-death hippies think.

Edited by Prince Solaris

Earlier, I was thinking if this man is a clear cut defined sociopath or a schizoid. There seem to be hints to these personality types, but only from the information that we are aware of that has been released. The booby-trapping of his personal living quarters seems to suggest somebody who was paranoid at best and would only identify with family members and one neighbor. The neighbor assumed that he was going to college every day but that's because his routine was personal and he hardly talked to anyone.

I wonder if he had a mental disorder that was undiagnosed or only known to his parents? Speculation is all that's going to come out of it until we know the true details of this monstrosity.

I usually don't perfer to post in such threads due to the subject matter, but yeah this is really sad. I hope everyone injured there makes a speedy recovery, and my wishes go out to the families of the victims. Also pisses me off that people are still looking for some sort of scapegoat to blame this tragedy on.

My username is making me feel very uncomfortable right now.

...you're not alone.

ItsJustSomeRandomGuy uploaded a video on this, easily one of the more uplifting and heartfelt things I've heard all day, which is something we could all use a bit of right now.

If you've been living under a rock and have somehow not heard of this guy, then for THE LOVE OF GOD GO WATCH HIS STUFF RIGHT NOW! That is all.

• Thumbs Up 1

I heard about this news this morning on the news at a hotel. Awful... Just awful. Thankfully, my friends on Colorado Bronies from that area are alright but still I hold well wishes to those who were affected by this event.

My parents weren't surprised by this when we heard it... They said Aurora is a horrible city when it comes to crime. Though I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't surprised, myself... Sure I've always known Aurora to have a high crime rate but It's not every day a tragedy like this occurs, especially something this frightening at a place you know well.

Again, I hold well wishes for the victims and the family of the victims.

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings
  • Thumbs Up 1

My parents weren't surprised by this when we heard it... They said Aurora is a horrible city when it comes to crime. Though I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't surprised, myself... Sure I've always known Aurora to have a high crime rate but It's not every day a tragedy like this occurs, especially something this frightening at a place you know well.

A friend of mine put it best on Facebook:

My friend was trying to get us to go there a few weeks ago and I told him I don't go to the Aurora Mall because I'm afraid of getting shot. Now you know why
Edited by Speederino

bvZRU.jpg

Anyone else think that this would be pretty cool for the victims? People described the killer as looking like a "Bane" clone, and the killer himself said he was the Joker. But where was Batman? It would be AMAZING if the real batman showed up to these unfortunate hurt.

I wouldn't be surprised if one (if not some) of the kids asked him why he wasn't there when the shooting occured.

I actually thought about that. Christian Bale visiting the Hospital seems like a good idea, I just hope it didn't trigger any trauma because the killer was masked, if Mr. Bale dons the suit he will be masked, so maybe a non-masked appearance.smile.png

Maybe not too soon it might like a publicity stunt.

This is what I've been saying. At the end of the day, even if the guy gets life/death penalty, it being a special case (with all the media attention) will in effect immortalize the guy (heck he could even get a following), but what about the victims? Sadly with cases like this (including the ones you listed above) the perpetrator does indeed 'Win'.

One of the members of another forum I frequent has made the point that tighter gun control laws wouldn't necessarily prevent this from happening.

At first I was like "lol wat", but he then went on to explain:

1) The prevalence of weapons would create a huge black market to those who wouldn't legally be allowed weapons.

2) The link between all of these mass murders is that the perpetrators were mentally ill. The USA doesn't take mental health at all seriously, so the combination of that and the availability of weapons is a recipe for disaster.

Of course, it would still probably help if it was harder to acquire a gun than simply popping out to Walmart or the local assault rifle retailer and maybe waiting a couple of days.

Lax about what? Movie theaters are no different than any other places with large groups of people in them. They don't pat people down when they walk into Wal-Mart.

If a crazed gunman wearing a bulletproof vest, gas mask and carrying tear gas grenades and several guns wanted to get into a movie theater, nothing short of a SWAT team would have stopped him.

There is a valid point there though. I don't quite understand how he got in there without having to go past the ticket checks or whatever. Was there a back door to the theatre leading straight to the street? Emergency Exit? It's just that in my local cinema, to get to the theatre you need to go past the whole lobby area where if something like this happened, he'd have been noticed.

It's not about patting people down or metal detectors, it's just about not allowing some heavily armed guy to just stroll into the theatre itself.

Though from the sounds of it, it would've helped very little due to how armed he was. Wackos like this are just evil, if they are that fucked up in the head I'm sure they can find a better way of venting it than ruining 100s of people's lives.

That is one sick son of a bitch.

The ironic thing is that South Park is set in Colarado.

Where madness happens. Even though it's fictional, it's still an ironic situation.

• Thumbs Up 1

Police are hoping to move into the flat within the next hour. I can imagine things will get tense soon.

Their Twitter is @AuroraPD for those who want updates.

There is a valid point there though. I don't quite understand how he got in there without having to go past the ticket checks or whatever. Was there a back door to the theatre leading straight to the street? Emergency Exit? It's just that in my local cinema, to get to the theatre you need to go past the whole lobby area where if something like this happened, he'd have been noticed.

It's not about patting people down or metal detectors, it's just about not allowing some heavily armed guy to just stroll into the theatre itself.

Though from the sounds of it, it would've helped very little due to how armed he was. Wackos like this are just evil, if they are that fucked up in the head I'm sure they can find a better way of venting it than ruining 100s of people's lives.

He bought a ticket, went through to the theater, got up from his seat at one point and left via the emergency exit, propped it open a bit with something, went to his car, got his stuff, and went back through the emergency exit.

• Thumbs Up 1