Awoo.

Colorado Shooting at Dark Knight Rises Opening

Speederino

What the fuck does this have to do with videogames? A guy went into a Batman movie with a gun, I'm pretty sure in shooting games, you don't walk into a movie theater with an AK-47 and murder innocent people. Seriously, it's like people want to blame technology for everything bad that happens in the world. If ANYTHING has to do with the shooting, it'd be a comic book, but I just think this guy is crazy and had something go wrong in his life.

Edited by Winston

Considering just about everything is coming under fire right now from games, movies, politics, and religion, I think it's safe to assume that no one in the media actually believes this shit and is just stirring things up for ratings like the vultures they are.

Edit: SPEAKING OF VULTURES: http://yfrog.com/z/61d70gj

You sick fucks are actually trying to CAPITALIZE on this!?

Edited by Speederino

24 year old white male college student plays video games (holy shit, really?). Later shoots up movie theater.

In other news, someone was stuck in traffic in LA yesterday (shocker). Later that night, he ate a sandwich.

Those causal links between non-events, man. They're everywhere.

Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 6

Considering just about everything is coming under fire right now from games, movies, politics, and religion, I think it's safe to assume that no one in the media actually believes this shit and is just stirring things up for ratings like the vultures they are.

A lot of these sites have agendas and views on these matters. If a popular news cast wants to convince people a violent video game ban needs to happen, then they can connect shootings with videos game to help their opinion. If they manage to get a ton of people to agree, then they can successfully push the idea forward.

Yeah, I know. Unfair and BS.

Edited by Autosaver

A lot of these sites have agendas and views on these matters. If a popular news cast wants to convince people a violent video game ban needs to happen, then they can connect shootings with videos game to help their opinion. If they manage to get a ton of people to agree, then they can successfully push the idea forward.

Yeah, I know. Unfair and BS.

But...do they really think people are that stupid?? 0_0

But...do they really think people are that stupid?? 0_0

You clearly don't live in America.

• Thumbs Up 6

My condolences to everyone affected by this travesty.

The suspect has no known motive at the moment. Sora's absolutely correct, you don't know what is capable of the human mind. I know here the Giffords Shooting was very sad, but the guy had mental issues that could be traced back in college. This guy has nothing but a parking ticket attached to his name. This might be wrong for me to say, but I am more interested in a motive from this guy. He's still screwed with or without one.

You clearly don't live in America.

This on so many levels.

A U.S. official says the suspect in Friday's shootings inside a Colorado movie theater bought a ticket to the midnight showing of the latest Batman movie and went into the theater as part of the crowd.

A federal law enforcement official said suspect James Holmes is believed to have propped open an exit door in the theater as the movie was playing, donned protective ballistic gear and opened fire.

http://hosted.ap.org...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

Now I have a question for everyone on this thread: Do you believe this man should be imprisoned or killed?

I'm asking this seriously. He's proven to be very intelligent, and very skillful when crafting plans and gathering resources. A man like him would be very dangerous to keep alive and could pose a threat to guards and inmates while in prison.

I personally believe a clean death would be best.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole. The justice system can do what it wants with him, just get him the hell off the streets and in a padded cell far, far away. I am totally not comfortable with the fact that me and him are currently sharing towns.

Now I have a question for everyone on this thread: Do you believe this man should be imprisoned or killed?

I'm asking this seriously. He's proven to be very intelligent, and very skillful when crafting plans and gathering resources. A man like him would be very dangerous to keep alive and could pose a threat to guards and inmates while in prison.

I believe he should be killed.

"If you live by the sword, you die by the sword".

• Thumbs Up 1

Judging from how happy he was with himself in his photo on the last page, I agree.

• Thumbs Up 1

Judging from how happy he was with himself in his photo on the last page, I agree.

I believe that was taken from the University of Colorado archives, not after the incident (The police have yet to release a mugshot).

You know, I actually think he looks like just some normal dude. Which unsettles me far more then an obvious maniac would.

Edited by Speederino

While due justice should take place, I'd like to see him undergo a psychiatric assessment during trial first (much like the Norweigien Killer Anders Behring Breivik)

Edited by blackherox

New York City's police commissioner said he was told the gunman had painted his hair red and called himself the Joker - Batman's nemesis - but Aurora police would not confirm that.

Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said the gunman wore a gas mask, a ballistic helmet and vest, and leg, groin and throat protectors. He said he had an AR-15 military-style, semi-automatic rifle, a shotgun and two pistols.

New York City, Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said: "It clearly looks like a deranged individual. He has his hair painted red. He said he was the Joker, obviously the enemy of Batman."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_COLORADO_SHOOTING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&

CTIME=2012-07-20-15-19-30

According to the article he was about to drop out of the university

So this guy said that he was The Joker after the police caught him? That electric chair is looking like a nice option right about now.

Edited by Dark Energon Johnny
  • Thumbs Up 1

He painted his hair red to look like the Joker, and yet we all clearly know the Joker's hair has always been depicted green in most incarnations.

He painted his hair red to look like the Joker, and yet we all clearly know the Joker's hair has always been depicted green in most incarnations.

Maybe he dyed it red because of that scene in the TDK when Joker was dressed as a nurse.

But like I said, please just execute this crazy fucker. People like him deserve to rot in the burning depths of hell. And I don't care if the anti-death penalty brigade flame me for this post.

Edited by Dark Energon Johnny
  • Thumbs Up 1

I believe he should be killed.

"If you live by the sword, you die by the sword".

"An eye for an eye" does not an effective justice system make.

Executing criminals is a barbaric thing to do.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's an interesting conundrum. On the one hand, someone who is a normal member of society in terms of mental state does not prepare himself and then follow through with the shooting up of movie theaters under the guise of following the message.

On the other hand, it seems at this point that he was of perfectly sound mind; and that this was a calculated effort, so the "insanity defense" as it is popularly used would not apply. And if it is found that it does not apply, then by all means fry him.

Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 2

"An eye for an eye" does not an effective justice system make.

Executing criminals is a barbaric thing to do.

Then the next best thing would be to make sure he never gets out of the clink. Someone like him, who was clearly sane and yet willingly mowed down 12 people and injured 50 for whatever reason he concocted in his mind is too dangerous to be let back into the public, even if the psychiatrists find some reason that could defend him.

Edited by Enigmatus

Maybe he dyed it red because of that scene in the TDK when Joker was dressed as a nurse. But like a said, please just execute this crazy fucker. People like him deserve to rot in the burning depths of hell. And I don't care if the anti-death penalty brigade flame me for this post.

Wouldn't it be better to at least try and find a motive first (some form of psychiatric assessment) rather than 'jumping the gun' or at least investigate any ways of preventive action.

If the above are ignored, there's no real reason why this can't happen again. Numerous times.

Edit: I'd just like to point out that while the media outlets claim he is of 'sound mind' untill a proper investigation and assessment is made, I'd take that with a pinch of salt.

Edited by blackherox