Awoo.

Colorado Shooting at Dark Knight Rises Opening

Speederino

http://uk.omg.yahoo....-091634453.html

The man behind 'The Dark Knight Rises' tragedy believes he is 'acting in a movie', reveal prison guards and inmates.

The world is still reeling from the atrocious midnight shooting at a screening of Christopher Nolan's new film 'The Dark Knight Rises', in which at least 12 people have been killed and 58 injured.

James Holmes, who refers to himself as The Joker, Batman's arch-nemesis, attacked cinema goers after planning his assault for weeks. And, according to prison guards and ex-inmates at the Arapahoe Detention Center, he shows absolutely no remorse for his actions.

Ex-prison inmates and guards have been quoted in the Daily Mail as saying that Holmes believes he is 'acting in a movie' and, as of yet, does not recognise the magnitude of his crimes.

"He was spitting at the door and spitting at the guards... He's spitting at everything. Dude was acting crazy."

"Let's just say he hasn't shown any remorse... He thinks he's acting in a movie."

Holmes has been placed on suicide watch and into solitary confinement ahead of his first court appearance tomorrow, although staff are confident that, if Holmes is placed into a cell with other inmates, he will most certainly be killed.

"All the inmates were talking about killing him... Everyone was looking for an opportunity. It's all they could talk about."

'The Dark Knight Rises' shooter faces the death penalty if he can be found mentally competent for his actions.

It has also been revealed that James Holmes, who painted his hair red and attacked cinema goers dressed in full black body armour, had wired his apartment up with deadly explosives and booby traps ahead of his crimes.

There are reports that Holmes' living room is riddled with sophisticated trip wires connected to bottles containing unknown liquid - bomb disposal experts have evacuated neighbours in five nearby buildings and, as yet, have only dismantled one explosive device.

But doesn't that contradict his history? Surely someone would've noticed a nut thinking he was in a movie earlier? I don't buy it...

http://uk.omg.yahoo....-091634453.html

But doesn't that contradict his history? Surely someone would've noticed a nut thinking he was in a movie earlier? I don't buy it...

I think it's all an act so he won't get sentenced to prison where the inmates will (literally) fuck him up for what he did. Or he could be doing it so thy he won't be put on death row.

Edited by Dark Energon Johnny

As a christian myself, I am actually a bit disgusted by their behaviour, when I went to church we never prayed for DEATH to happen to innocent people. Their simply showing no respect for others which is wrong, it's not fair...there's really no need for this to happen, they should let the families of victims mourn in peace without any disruption.

Assuming for a moment that it isn't all just an act to get him sent to a mental institution rather than prison, maybe he didn't arouse suspicions because he was acting the part of a mild mannered student of neuroscience?

Acting =/= Behaving suspiciously.

I think seeing Bale as Batman in a hospital would be pretty traumatizing for these people. Remember, they sat through 20 mins of the movie and then got SHOT at. Last thing I'd want is a reminder of that experience. Who knows if they'll ever be able to even enjoy the movies again given the mental connection. Better to have friends and family visit them, take a break from the Batman stuff.

Yeah. I'm also having trouble understanding why having a character most likely permanently linked in the victim's minds with such a horrific event coming to visit them in the hospital while they are still recovering from it is anything but a stupid idea.

A car backfiring can be enough to drive someone who was the victim of PTSD from a shooting/war into an episode despite years of therapy. This is the equivalent to a car backfiring, and then the driver gets out and it's the guy who originally shot at you in the first place and he's coming to finish the job.

Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 4

It sucks that these people are probably going to have to avoid all things Batman for the rest of their lives. The idea is unthinkable to a nerd like me, but perfectly understandable.

Now I have a question for everyone on this thread: Do you believe this man should be imprisoned or killed?

I'm asking this seriously. He's proven to be very intelligent, and very skillful when crafting plans and gathering resources. A man like him would be very dangerous to keep alive and could pose a threat to guards and inmates while in prison.

I personally believe a clean death would be best.

Killed Definitely. Thats the only way the familys of the losses have justice. I'm not sure what the rules on death penalty is in Colorado, but his lawyer probably will Plead Insanity. Therefore, jail for life most likely.

Killed Definitely. Thats the only way the familys of the losses have justice. I'm not sure what the rules on death penalty is in Colorado, but his lawyer probably will Plead Insanity. Therefore, jail for life most likely.

Thats the only way the families of the losses have revenge you mean?

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think anyone "deserves" to die, I mean sure, this guy most likely is going to get killed somehow, but I'm not one of those people that want him to get killed, no matter how bad of a thing he did.

I don't want this to turn into yet another death penalty debate, but I'll say that I, for one, would be in favor of this man being killed. A man capable of performing such hideous acts as this clearly has no value for life; and I don't believe I have any reason to value his as a result.

Justice is killing the man responsible; revenge is killing his innocent family in a vain attempt to make him suffer through the same loss as those who'll never see their family members again as a result of his actions.

• Thumbs Up 8

Judging by what I have read about online. Some of his inmates apparently already want him dead, especially for killing a minor.

I personally think he doesn't deserve the insanity option because that "I thought I was in a movie" crap doesn't fly with me especially seeing as he applied for a P.H.D in Neuroscience and already had qualifications in that field. Why won't he admit that he did it because he wanted to be the next Mass Murder superstar.

http://en.wikipedia....illers#Americas He is already on this list.

Personally I hope he rots in jail and is never ever let out.sleep.png

Edited by BW199148

Instead of sending him to the victims, they should send Bale dressed as Batman to Holmes' prison, throw both of them into the interrogation room and just let Batman yell at and beat the shit out of him for an hour. You pretend to be the Joker, you get treated like him.

I would love it if that actually happened!!! :D

WHO IN THE FUCK FINDS THIS HILARIOUS AND WHERE CAN I FIND THEM!?

And my faith in humanity has dwindled even further.

I personally think he doesn't deserve the insanity option because that "I thought I was in a movie" crap doesn't fly with me especially seeing as he applied for a P.H.D in Neuroscience and already had qualifications in that field. Why won't he admit that he did it because he wanted to be the next Mass Murder superstar.

Faking insanity to get into Arkham is Great White Shark's origin story... so maybe he was actually making a Batman reference?

I don't want this to turn into yet another death penalty debate, but I'll say that I, for one, would be in favor of this man being killed. A man capable of performing such hideous acts as this clearly has no value for life; and I don't believe I have any reason to value his as a result.

Justice is killing the man responsible; revenge is killing his innocent family in a vain attempt to make him suffer through the same loss as those who'll never see their family members again as a result of his actions.

But wouldn't giving him a life sentence be more painful?

Someone has an odd definition of Justice.

Justice is about finding a balance between the crime committed and the punishment to the crime. Applying the same course of action the criminal committed is not justice, but revenge.

Furthermore, punishments carried out by the court reflects the society as a whole, meaning to kill someone who has been tried in court means that you kill the person in the name of everyone in the nation that has to abide by that court. Whilst you don't actually carry out sentance, it's being carried out in your name as well as the victims.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was browsing this page about the victims and saw something fucking disgusting towards the bottom:

2yx2m3n.jpg

If there's anything Encyclopedia Dramatica and Youtube taught me, is that there's there's millions of soulless, uncaring assholes in the world. I'm sorry to say this, but I do not find this surprising in the least.

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was browsing this page about the victims and saw something fucking disgusting towards the bottom:

2yx2m3n.jpg

http://www.examiner....te-does-nothing

A number of Facebook pages have popped up praising the suspect in the Aurora, Colorado, movie killings, WND reported Friday.

One page, called "Free James Holmes - He did it for the lulz," says that "nerdz (sic) must die."

The profile picture is that of James Holmes with "666" on his forehead.

As of this writing, the page has 71 likes.

There are several other pages quite similar to this, WND reported.

"Facebook is exploding with dozens of fan pages in support of killer James Holmes that blame society for the murderer’s rampage that has killed 12 and wounded 59 in Colorado – and despite several reports to Facebook from outraged users, the social network has not removed the pages," Chelsea Schilling wrote.

WND reported the pages to Facebook, but the social media giant has yet to respond or take action.

Schilling added that comments on the pages "range from expressions of support for the killer to jokes and even calls for more violence."

"God made james holmes a killer.Respect god's will. (sic)," reads a post on the "Free James Holmes" page.

Other unedited comments include:

“Sadly he couldn’t brake the breivik’s record. But he will try again (sic)” [referencing Norwegian mass murderer Anders Breivik, who killed 68 people in 2011]

“Who wants to see james holmes free and killing more people. … ! (sic)”

“Reporting didn’t work b**thurt idiots (sic)” [referencing Facebook users' futile efforts to get the social network to remove his page]

Some of the more threatening posts were reported, but Facebook took no action, Schilling added.

“Batman dies at the end, and so do 12 other people,” read one comment at a pro-Holmes page.

Another posted: “I give my props to James Holmes, I mean he killed babies too? He must’ve been a really good shot!”

"He did it for teh lulz. (sic)," one commenter wrote at a "James Holmes" page that was created Friday and already has 419 'likes.'

These pages have since been removed, last I checked, but these people do exist.

Justice is about finding a balance between the crime committed and the punishment to the crime. Applying the same course of action the criminal committed is not justice, but revenge.

Furthermore, punishments carried out by the court reflects the society as a whole, meaning to kill someone who has been tried in court means that you kill the person in the name of everyone in the nation that has to abide by that court. Whilst you don't actually carry out sentance, it's being carried out in your name as well as the victims.

I don't see anything wrong with killing an insane man who would gas a movie theater, start shooting, and rig his appartment with explosives.

You say revenge, I say ridding the world of a dangerous man.

That said, the only thing I can see wrong with incarceration is the chance he might break out, as slim as that would be.

Edited by Solkia-kun
  • Thumbs Up 4

I don't see anything wrong with killing an insane man who would gas a movie theater, start shooting, and rig his appartment with explosives.

You say revenge, I say ridding the world of a dangerous man.

So you've got no problem at all if you were the one pushing the button to end his life then?

But wouldn't giving him a life sentence be more painful?

Yes, it may be. However, it's also much more costly. I don't believe the government should waste its citizens' tax money on keeping criminals alive for the sole purpose of inflicting more pain on them.

If he's going to be sentenced to life in jail, he becomes nothing more than a liability and a waste of money. It's an unnecessary that only results in pain/loss for both parties.

I can say the same to you, my friend.

As you said yourself, justice is about finding a balance between the crime committed and the punishment to the crime. If one man feels no remorse for gassing a public area and murdering a dozen people (attempting to reach an even higher number), killing him is a perfectly justifiable punishment. Keeping him in this world will do no good for anyone but himself.

So you've got no problem at all if you were the one pushing the button to end his life then?

He's a criminal who did the exact same thing to multiple people. I don't get any satisfaction out of killing people, but I would do what is necessary to serve justice.

So yes, assuming I was playing the role of executioner, I would not feel remorse.

Edited by Desudash Demonhoof
  • Thumbs Up 3

I sure wouldn't. The world is much better off without scum like him anyway.

As completely irrelevant as that is, no, no I would not. Why would I have sympathy for a man who would take my life had he been given a chance?

• Thumbs Up 4