Awoo.

Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Saga

pppp

If i cared for him as a character, at this point i should be sad.

I did.

And I am.

;m;

It just doesn't stop getting worse. I'm actually impressed at how consistently horrific this is turning out to be, at least on the story front. Still willing to give the gameplay a chance, but freaking WOW.

Edited by T-Man

Well, on the plus side, Snow looks like a badass.

Snow looks like Marluxia from Kingdom Hearts. Just with yellow hair.:P

LRFFXIII_Snow_Villiers.png

marluxia.jpg

• Thumbs Up 7

tumblr_mo166h4Za91r990y8o1_1280.png

So I sniped a bid for Final Fantasy XIII on a whim. It should be here next Wednesday.

TONS of screenshots of the game are here...as well as the Xbox 360 boxart.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/06/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-screenshots-fight-lightning-fight/

EDIT: Here's the Japanese boxart:

*pic*

I prefer this one...

Hilariously, even though it's still only got Lightning on its box, it's the most interesting of all the games boxarts. It has more going on, catching my attention.( the little diamond things.)

Edited by Parappa The Rapper

It's good to see that I wasn't the only one who said "Snow is freakin' Marluxia" when I saw the render for him. There's also some chick that looks EXACTLY like Sera, isn't there?

It's good to see that I wasn't the only one who said "Snow is freakin' Marluxia" when I saw the render for him. There's also some chick that looks EXACTLY like Sera, isn't there?

Yep, and apparently there is no relation iirc.:/

Okay this is ridiculous. Why does the Japanese get a better looking box art than the west? =/

Edited by Ming Ming Hatsune

The chick that looks exactly like Serah is obviously some variation of Serah. There's no way that's coincidence.

Snow looking like Marluxia (which I've already heard)? That's coincidence, but... wow, that's really strange... My wife actually kinda liked Snow, and she hates Marluxia. So she wasn't all too happen to see that either.

How does one hate Marluxia?! HOW?!

Because he's a villain?

So here's something interesting:

255744-screen-capture-2.png

closeup-noscale.jpg

This is a poster near the Los Angeles Convention Center, which is hosting E3 this week.

Unless the designer of the poster made a mistake, we now have the reason for the delay: It's being ported to the PC.

Edited by Cypher Rage

Doesn't make sense for Square Enix to port the last game to PC and not the first two. But it could happen I guess...

And I don't think the delay is because of the PC port. Porting to PC is very easy, since the game is developed on PC then ported to consoles.

Doesn't make sense

Things not making sense almost never bugs Squaretongue.png

Things not making sense almost never bugs Square:P

Weeeellllll....

But remember, this is similar to what happened with Sonic '06. I remember some poster showing a PC logo on it, yet no PC release. But maybe because they were considering it and then the reviews and hate came...

I read somewhere online that it was a mistake with whoever made the ad. They were supposedly using the same template that they used for Final Fantasy XIV, which is, of course, a PC game.

I guess they added the XBOX logos but forgot to remove the one for PC? huh.png Kinda makes sense to me, I guess. PC port would be kinda cool though!

guys guys

GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlnt81mal68

combat looks dull and unsatisfying

graphics are still lame

stripper pole for no apparent reason ("ENVIRONMENTAL INTERACTION YOU GUISE")

awful music

still doesn't show any actual exploration

yep

this game looks bad

Honestly we keep hearing from people that played it that the combat system is different but it still looks the same to me.

Edited by Cypher Rage

Liked the music, environments still look like it was designed instead of actually trying to look natural. The actual aesthetics are grimy in a bad way; and for no apparent reason. Seriously, when a fucking desert has more color than a huge fancy mansion (I think that's what it is from what I've seen) you've got a problem.

And, the combat....

While it looks like the attacks aren't completely automatic anymore, I still see no feedback when you hit an opponent, you're just smacking them and then nothing happens until you win. Nothing has any visual pop on it's own without some filtered special effects either.

That framerate needs serious help.

Also, is it me or has the visuals and overall polish on the games in this saga have gotten worse from the original 13?

Edited by Xenos

Just want to make it clear, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII is not having a PC release. The poster with the PC logo is a mistake and this is confirmed by Square.

Because he's a villain?

Marluxia is like Nomura's most well thought out villain ever if you don't include TWEWY.