Awoo.

Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Saga

pppp

Why i have the fear that she will be also a secret boss or something in FFXV?

I mean, i get it Square-Enix: you want for us to like her, so stop forcing her down our throats. Why not Balthier, Auron or a more underrated character that can have his/her moment of glory?

They are not shoving Lightning down my throat. The Japanese actually like Lightning, I mean when this was announced publicly the audience was cheering. =D

Now put her in FFXV, so you know I can actually have interest in that game (well not playable just a small cameo so I can say hi to her). Speaking of FFXV, no variety of playable characters makes me urgh.

Or wait, KH3! She has way more of a chance to appear in that!

EDIT:

Edited by Ming Ming Hatsune

So God has recruited Lightning and transformed her into an angel and has given her the task to guide lost souls to the new world before their current world is destroyed, that's the premise of the story...so God is actually called God now, not Bhinuvelze (or however the hell you spell it) or Etro or whatever. I don't even know anymore man.

Edited by KrazyBean

I'm going to spit on my own words but the story...

...is a mess.

Fuck no. Don't let her near Kh3. She's already had a shoehorned appearance in enough. The only FF character that should be added is Noctis.

• Thumbs Up 2

Fuck no. Don't let her near Kh3. She's already had a shoehorned appearance in enough. The only FF character that should be added is Gilgamesh.

Fix'd for youtongue.png

But seriously, i honestly don't care for what's this game's story anymore since it became overconvoluted: as long as there is an happy ending (and most important, one that close the entire thing and does not make anymore sequel bait), it wil be fine enough.

Fix'd for you:P   But seriously, i honestly don't care for what's this game's story anymore since it became overconvoluted: as long as there is an happy ending (and most important, one that close the entire thing and does not make anymore sequel bait), it wil be fine enough.
You talking about Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy 13? Ooooooh!

Well, it could be applied for both, but frankly, in the case of KHIII everyone already know how it will end, so i don't care about it either.

No offense, i'm still interested in what will be the execution of the game :v

Speaking of FFXV, no variety of playable characters makes me urgh.

What the hell are you talking about? You can switch between Noctis and his 2 friends anytime during battle, Nomura himself said so. We're also apparently gonna get 2 more party members. Where is the lack of variety in playable characters?

Also, So Fang is out of her crystal prison now. I'm guessing Vanille is too, they're free from their sacrifice at the end of FFXIII:

• Thumbs Up 1

What the hell are you talking about? You can switch between Noctis and his 2 friends anytime during battle, Nomura himself said so. We're also apparently gonna get 2 more party members. Where is the lack of variety in playable characters?

5 white males. You call that a variety?

Hum.....and? What's wrong? So just cause there's no black characters the game is racist? I thought the world had evolved from that stuff.

As for them being men, so?

You said CHARACTER variety, so i thought them having distinct personalities(You know, CHARACTER traits.) was what counted. I don't care if they're white or male, if their personalities are different and their fighting techniques are different enough to make them unique I'm good.

So by your logic your beloved XIII-3 has the worst character variety ever: Just one white female

Edited by Akihiro Hino

Well, there is a way to call that: a sausagefest. It's not new that females in the series are inferior in number (equal at best) to males in the party (heck, in the first game people argued about the White Mage gender before it was rendered canon as a woman), but here, the best we can get is 2 females over 5 males.

But i'm just saying this from an objective point of view, since honestly, i don't care about having women or men in the party: from my point of view, i'm more pissed that there's missing again the robot/animal/antropomorphic animal party member. I mean, the best we got last time were Fran (wich isn't that beastly) and the recruitable monsters of XIII-2.

I mean, Xenoblade's party had a "weirdo" party member, come on: i'm tired of only-humans parties.

Edited by Teoskaven

Ah, not a bad trailer. Fang's back, no surprise there.

Yeah, so, I heard that the Thieves' Guild was led by someone Lightning knew. I figured it was Fang, and it was obvious Fang and Vanille would be back finally.

I tend to be rather lenient, and I've enjoyed the XIII lore so far. The one thing that has truly really annoyed me about Lightning Returns is the whole Hope thing. Alternate costumes? Weird, but its optional, so it doesn't bother me too much. The Hope thing is the real part that bothers me.

As for Bhunivelze,

we KNOW she's going to betray him at some point. The whole lore from the first two games has been indicating that Bhunivelze isn't what he seems, and so the notion that Bhunivelze is suddenly going to save the world is ridiculous. Bhunivelze is the reason why everything got so messed up in the first place. Ultimately it can all be traced back to Bhunivelze.

I do admit, though, the games themselves probably don't quite explain all the lore in detail enough. To fully know everything you'd need all the extra material they've released with the games such as Fragments Before/Fragments After for the first two titles. Despite this they still did have quite a bit of detail in the first two games by reading through the database.

As for Lightning... I'm already expecting her to appear in Kingdom Hearts 3. I'd be surprised if she's not. As long as she doesn't overshadow any other characters (the FF characters rarely do that in KH) it won't bother me. But they seriously need to add some other characters as well. Balthier would be an excellent choice to appear from XII, and perhaps another from XIII such as Sazh (he'd be a shoe-in probably, since most people tend to like him better overall, even Nomura himself).

Um... Final Fantasy XV, as far as we know, does have a very important female cast. Namely Stella's entire party. We don't know if they're playable yet, sure, but I don't see it as anything worth pointing fingers at.

That being said, I'm not bothered by this game's resounding one playable character either. Just let the creator see his vision through, and give me some good, well developed characters. They could be a group of bald white guys; if they're well-written and genuinely likable, it's fine by me.

Hum.....and? What's wrong? So just cause there's no black characters the game is racist? I thought the world had evolved from that stuff.

LOL. This is still prominent. For example, in Battlefield 3's beta the medic class character was white and when the game came out he was changed to a black guy. Some people are still butthurt over this change.

What I said is the opposite of what you said, sure, but the point is that racism is still gonna stay in this world for a long time unfortunately.

As for them being men, so?

You said CHARACTER variety, so i thought them having distinct personalities(You know, CHARACTER traits.) was what counted. I don't care if they're white or male, if their personalities are different and their fighting techniques are different enough to make them unique I'm good.

So by your logic your beloved XIII-3 has the worst character variety ever: Just one white female

Stop putting words in my mouth. I didn't call or imply that this game is racist (or sexist).

And FYI, you can't change how I feel about the cast. It just doesn't appeal to me.

Doesn't Final Fantasy 13 have like one black guy? And doesn't he drop off the face of the earth after the first game? 

Isn't the entirety of the Lightning saga mostly focused on one white chick?

Has Square EVER been known for ethnic diversity?

Doesn't Final Fantasy 13 have like one black guy? And doesn't he drop off the face of the earth after the first game? 

To be fair, Final Fantasy is very anime-ish and in anime you hardly see ethnic diversity...so. It doesn't matter anyway, the franchise is a JAPANESE RPG after all.

One is better than none...and he wasn't exactly dropped off at the face of the Earth, he made an appearance in XIII-2 AND he has own DLC in XIII-2.

To be fair, Final Fantasy is very anime-ish and in anime you hardly see ethnic diversity...so. It doesn't matter anyway, the franchise is a JAPANESE RPG after all.

But complaining about it now, and over an actual good looking game, when an actual bad game(Final Fantasy 13) was arguably even worse about it seems kind of nitpicky.

I'm all for diversity in games, believe me, but Square sure as hell aren't going to be the ones to step forward. 

But complaining about it now, and over an actual good looking game, when an actual bad game(Final Fantasy 13) was arguably even worse about it seems kind of nitpicky.

I'm all for diversity in games, believe me, but Square sure as hell aren't going to be the ones to step forward. 

Y'know, it's not fact that Final Fantasy XIII is bad...it does have an 83/100 score on Metacritic which is very respectable and more than the majority of Sonic games released.

Will Final Fantasy XV be a better game? From what I've seen, hell yeah...but I'm still gonna play this game anyway cause it looks like they've fixed the problems the past 2 FF XIII games had (gameplay wise, I can't really say much about the story).

Edited by KrazyBean

Y'know, it's not fact that Final Fantasy XIII is bad...it does have an 83/100 score on Metacritic

Yeah critics are so reliable right? It's not like they're biased or anything(Looks at Generations 3DS metascore).

Also Tom McShea's bullshit and GameInformer complaining about Ni no Kuni saying RANDOM encounters were annoying.......Hm......I guess i allucinated those visible monsters on the map.

Edited by Akihiro Hino

Ok, scratch part of my previous post: Final Fantasy V actually has 3 females over 2 males.

Yeah critics are so reliable right? It's not like they're biased or anything(Looks at Generations 3DS metascore).

Also Tom McShea's bullshit and GameInformer complaining about Ni no Kuni saying RANDOM encounters were annoying.......Hm......I guess i allucinated those visible monsters on the map.

All I'm saying is that I've played it and I thought that the game wasn't the devils advocate like some make it out to be. Sure it has problems but yeah, I overall had a good time with it...the game is not like Sonic 06 or Superman 64 where the game is factually bad. Maybe I'm "too lenient"

Edited by KrazyBean