Awoo.

Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Saga

pppp

I'm honestly very curious about this: What is the appeal of lightning? What makes her so deserving to show up in everything Square related. I find her to be your typical closed off and emotional deep down square hero. Her whole arc is a clusterfuck, and she just doesn't look or feel that special or different from anyone else in the FF series.

To quote Jim Sterling

"I don't get this whole Lightning thing. It's like Square had decided that she was Solid Snake, or Mario, or some other iconic character without there ever being any proof that that was the case. It was one of those age-old marketing tactics of, just say she is great and then she will be great."
  • Thumbs Up 7

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII 'Demo Gameplay Walkthrough @ Japan Expo 2013' TRUE-HD QUALITY  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxUEJRf2buU

• Thumbs Up 1

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII 'Demo Gameplay Walkthrough @ Japan Expo 2013' TRUE-HD QUALITY  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxUEJRf2buU

Well, after seeing the first 10 seconds of the game, I can definitely say this is not linear in the slightest.

mnmaFqa.jpg

Just like Dissidia - get Cloud DLC for preordering.

square is desperate for sales

Wow, its like square really wants my money now because the cloud costume alone just makes me really wanna get this.

Just like Dissidia - get Cloud DLC for preordering.

square is desperate for sales

I already posted this back in Page 44.

Edited by KrazyBean

I already posted this back in Page 44.

Same here really.

The demo is sweet. TAKE ALL MY MONEY SQUARE!

EDIT: At last, you can finally sprint!

Edited by Ming Ming Hatsune

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, at this point i don't even understand the reason for the delay in the west. the game clearly was translated as it was being developed so why do we have to wait 4 months for it?

I mean this new trailer didn't really give us anything new, you can tell the marketing team doesn't know what to show at this point.

Honestly, at this point i don't even understand the reason for the delay in the west. the game clearly was translated as it was being developed so why do we have to wait 4 months for it?

I mean this new trailer didn't really give us anything new, you can tell the marketing team doesn't know what to show at this point.

They are showing what's important. They are doing God's work

aadpM0N.jpg

aadpM0N.jpg

.... Eh, I think even Old Testament God would have better taste than this.

• Thumbs Up 1

aadpM0N.jpg

Square faps to Lightning everyday before work.

• Thumbs Up 2

aadpM0N.jpg

...Um, has Square done this type of thing with there other FF characters in the past?  If not, then this is just, odd wacko.png

I thought she was a serious character, not some kind of Japanese Barbie doll :(

This is giving me deja vu of FFX-2.....not a good feeling. How the hell are we supposed to take this "serious,deep and complex" character seriously when she just makes sex appeal poses in almost all her pictures?!

Edited by Jaden Yuki
  • Thumbs Up 2

Here's the full view of the costume. It's called the Miqo'te costume.

LR_miqote_thumb.jpg

SInce each costume gives Lightning different abilities, this costume grants her the ability of sex appeal...Harem no Jutsu (Sexy Jutsu) basically.

P.S - This is not true, I'm just giving it my two pennies

tongue.png 

Edited by KrazyBean

I'm surprised honestly there isn't a Chocobolina outfit for Lightning yet.

Don't give them any ideas unsure.png

Honestly, if the costumes are really the only big thing they can use to promote this game.....then that is REALLY sad. I mean I'm sure there has gotta be something else that is far more engaging and less degrading.

...Um, has Square done this type of thing with there other FF characters in the past?

Yes, Toriyama, the director of the FFX and FFXIII sagas does this sort of thing all the time. FYI this character is 15 years old:

Edited by Noctis Caelum

Honestly, if the costumes are really the only big thing they can use to promote this game.....then that is REALLY sad. I mean I'm sure there has gotta be something else that is far more engaging and less degrading.

Isn't the combat supposed to be good?  I think its based off of the systems from XIII-2 and with the more open environments comes more exploration and a deeper world (but if that's even the case is to be debatable with it looking so barren and lack luster).  I don't know; XIII had a lot of potential and looked really nice, while XIII-2 put back towns and such (you know, things that HAVE to be in RPGs) and made the combat more deeper, and this has....costumes.

I do hope the game turns out good, but like you said; they would be wowing us with great gameplay and what not if they had it instead of reminding us that Lighting is some kind of fashion person with all of here costumes.