Awoo.

Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Saga

pppp

Some more news, relating to GAMEPLAY. You can target specific body parts on enemies.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/18/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-lets-you-target-enemies-body-parts/

The link also has some new screenshots.

With the alternative costumes, the post-apocaliptic setting and now this, it starts to remind me a lot of Resonance of Fate.

Except with only one playable character that can't jump at will.

aadpM0N.jpg

This image becomes even funnier when you try to imagine the shape of her spine.

• Thumbs Up 4

Indeed: that pose looks like the result of the evil forces of Rob Liefeld and Frank Miller joined together.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Miqo'te costume is copying a pose from FF XIV, though. They just turned the standard Miqo'te pose into a victory pose.

Still doesn't suit Lightning in the slightest, but they're just being accurate in this case.

Her name should have been "Jane Lightning". It would roll off the tongue so well.

Also, I thought she was supposed to be like a Valkyrie not a prostitute.

Although some of the costumes/poses are a bit disturbing I know that I can just avoid those...

But, if they are following the pose of that race then I guess its not too bad. Either way, its still an alternate costume, doesn't affect much, but it is annoying they're using the costumes to promote the game. It still looks pretty good barring the costumes...

More gameplay related news: You don't use MP to heal, you use GP (Glory Points).

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/22/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-wont-let-you-use-mp-to-heal/

“In this game, Cure isn't a regular ability, but a part of the GP effects. It will require the use of GP in order to heal yourself”. GP in Lightning Returns stands for “Glory Points”. Abe describes GP as “convenience points,” which allow you to do various things like teleporting to specific areas on the field or stopping time in the game. And now, it’s also used to heal yourself when you’re hurting.

Edited by KrazyBean

Can't I just spam Curaga like the old days?

“You’ll gain GP at the end of battles, so to a degree, you’ll be able to go around fighting to recover your health. Stronger enemies will give you more GP, so it might be a good idea to take on a stronger enemy to cast a Curaga when your HP is looking low. Command-based battle systems allow you to use them as much as you’d like, but this time it may feel a little more restricted.”

The last thing I would do when my HP is low, is to fight a strong enemy just to regain my health.

Edited by KrazyBean

Once again, the awesome guy who gave us this:

Has now uploaded his latest parody:

Awesomelaugh.png

• Thumbs Up 6

The last thing I would do when my HP is low, is to fight a strong enemy just to regain my health.

This is sounding less and less functional with every reveal.

GP is running low, you have 1 hp left, you haven't saved for 5 hours of progress, your almost to the end of the chapter/area then boom a monster that is 5 levels lower than you pops up and just when you think you've had it beat it gets one lucky hit off of you and all of that progress is lost. 

GP is running low, you have 1 hp left, you haven't saved for 5 hours of progress, your almost to the end of the chapter/area then boom a monster that is 5 levels lower than you pops up and just when you think you've had it beat it gets one lucky hit off of you and all of that progress is lost. 

Still a better system than Unlimited Saga.

More info.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/26/blend-black-magic-spells-and-cancel-enemy-attacks-in-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/

You can cancel enemy attacks with a well timed attack, this is called a counter blow.

An attire called the Black Mage increases Lightning's offensive magic and grants her a new move which combines the wind and thunder element, and guess what it's called...Thunder + Aerora...yes, that's what it's ACTUALLY CALLED!

original.jpg

LOL Square, don't you think it's a bit...uninspired? There's also a move called Area Sweep which attacks all surrounding enemies (so, basically, it's Blitz.)

Edited by KrazyBean

Well at least they're not hiding it anymore:

According to the design team, while we cannot give specific numbers [for the three sizes], the breast size has actually changed. In Final Fantasy XIII she had a C cup, now she has a D.

Note: A japanese D cup is roughly equivalent to an american C, while a japanese C cup is roughly equivalent to an american B

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06/15/its-official-lightning-got-a-boob-job-for-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/

....I.....What am i even supposed to say to this?

What were they expecting the main reaction to this news to be? "Finally! They've given what the fans have wanted since day one! Franchise saved!"

Ok, I gotta admit, this REALLY is starting to sicken me. I... still want the game, but it has nothing to do with how big Lightning's assets are. Why did they even go out and say that? Damn... That does admittedly sound like desperation. The costume changing ability sounds kinda cool, but they didn't have to be so suggestive about it or sexualize Lightning in the process. I mainly want it now because the gameplay looks pretty cool, but moreso because I do like the XIII lore (despite a lot of people hating it :P) and I want to see its conclusion. Sexualizing the game is just unnecessary fodder.

Eh, for some reason sequels demand breast augmentation. Some get bigger (Lightning and FemShep) and some were already so ridiculously huge for intentional satirical purposes that the developers have to reduce them in order to be "serious" (while simultaneously increasing the violence portion because that's "serious" too).

From now on, no one can defend this. Toriyama, we get it, you want to jack off while playing as your one true love that you created for yourself, since you're probably a virgin, but please keep us out of that. Just read some FF13 hentai mangas or somethingdry.png

This just gets more and more offensive. I have no idea how any female fan of the series can possibly tolerate this. I know i wouldn't if i were one of them.

Edited by Noctis Caelum

Truly she is now the greatest Final Fantasy heroine of all time.

According to a recent conference in Japan. Not only are her bewbs bigger... but your costume choices also change now big they are too. /Actual fact!

It's hard to believe that there was once a time when Lightning actually looked cool. Now she's just become the clown act at a travelling circus.

According to a recent conference in Japan. Not only are her bewbs bigger... but your costume choices also change now big they are too. /Actual fact!

It's hard to believe that there was once a time when Lightning actually looked cool. Now she's just become the clown act at a travelling circus.

tumblr_m5l86c9XYo1rn95k2o1_500.gif

Wow those jokes we made about Lightning being nothing but a fetish character for the director were right on the mark.

Edited by Balding Spider
  • Thumbs Up 1