Awoo.

Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Saga

pppp

I think it's more a case of she gave up trying to convince us.

Honestly, you'd be surprised how well some people are taking this game. Ming Ming isn't the only one who's interested.

I'd like to play this game. I don't care about fanservice (Even if it's actual fanservice like the classic FF costumes and stuff). I just like the looks of the gameplay.

I'd like to play this game. I don't care about fanservice (Even if it's actual fanservice like the classic FF costumes and stuff). I just like the looks of the gameplay.

Same. I like what I'm seeing gameplay wise, as for all these costumes and fanservice...I don't give a damn about it.

The gameplay looks pretty okay to me, but the fanservice is kinda killing my interest in the game. Then again, I never was the sort who like the typical sort of "fanservice"...

Honestly, you'd be surprised how well some people are taking this game. Ming Ming isn't the only one who's interested.

To be honest, at this point I'm excited for it too. I'm gonna pirate it on my 360 so i can observe how much of a trainwreck the story will be and laugh at it later with friends tongue.png .

Also like i said back when E3 was underway, i actually am interested in trying out the combat system.

Edited by Noctis Caelum

There will probably be a demo, so if your curious to try it out, I would just download that before spending money on the entire package.

While I do like the gameplay, without a good compelling story pushing me forward it is gonna be hard for me to actually want to get this game but I guess that if im able to give it a rent I might change my tone if it turns out to be good.

Well then guess this explains it:

Vanille is back, too: Square Enix didn’t want to give too much away, but said she’s being “sheltered” by a religious group in Luxerion called the Salvation Council. Hope’s mysteriously youthful appearance was explained as a gift from the gods.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/29/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-13-fourth-continent-detailed/

...Yeah of course. And why exactly did the gods make one specific person young again? Were they just bored and wanted to do something random?

Oh and also Vanille is back. I guess we can all pretend the original XIII ever happened.

Edited by Noctis Caelum

http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/29/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-13-fourth-continent-detailed/

...Yeah of course. And why exactly did the gods make one specific person young again? Were they just bored and wanted to do something random?

Oh and also Vanille is back. I guess we can all pretend the original XIII ever happened.

Making him look like a bitch again is a pretty cruel gift, if you ask me.

• Thumbs Up 2

...A gift from the Gods.

When you can't fucking age.

I'm done. This story is just...non-existent in sense in the slightest.

Hopefully the gods will make this game not suck. 

Eh, more poorly thought out PR. Square seems to have a knack for that.

The raincheck on my HDTV has been up to six fucking weeks now, so I'm not going to wait on it anymore. I'm going to pick XIII back up tomorrow.

Hope in 13-2 was several times better than kid/bitch Hope. At least he wasn't a whiny or annoying. But of course Square have to take everything that resembled tolerable and say "fuck that shit."

Edited by A Big Cock

In other words: it's magic, you can't explain it.

Very classy.

LOL, Square. Hope was a hell of a lot better when he was an adult....they should've just left him that way. He can't even age anymore due to the fusion of both worlds! Why turn a 20 something year old into a 14 (or however old he was in XIII) year old??

Vaniile being back makes sense, but that's the least of my worries with this games story now.

It will be also hilarious if Hope will be the only one that has received this "gift" by the gods.

I think they made Hope into a kid to avoid Lightning and Hope having any form of...sexual tension. Take that for what you will.

...not really... the ending to XIII-2 basically implied that both Fang and Vanille would be back.

Both of them were saved from the crystal pillar before it crumbled, and eventually they came out of their crystal stasis.

There's no valid information about Hope being young again, though. As someone else suggested, the only VALID excuse I can come up with is that... they just didn't want to add a romantic side to Lightning and Hope since in the original game she was well older than he was, and now it'd be awkward to have her interacting with him again when he was older.

I DO think Hope was a lot better (less whiny and annoying, etc.) by the end of XIII, but regardless, he was far, far better than that in XIII-2.

I think they made Hope into a kid to avoid Lightning and Hope having any form of...sexual tension. Take that for what you will.

I fear this situation will be worse because of loli fans.

The fourth continent is called The Wildlands (bottom right of the pic).

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/30/introducing-the-fourth-continent-in-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/

l_51f3837811dd6_thumb.jpg

Toriyama said that they want to..."Give Skyrim a run for its money!" due to an 'increased degree of freedom'. Haha, good luck mate. You can also ride Chocobos here.

Also...Moogle hat?

l_51f3837960394_thumb.jpg

Valkyrie Lightning is back too.

LRFFXIII_Premium-Event_Lightning-Costume

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 1

Toriyama said that they want to..."Give Skyrim a run for its money!" due to an 'increased degree of freedom'.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Snow, stop moaning about Serah! She's got a hotter sister with Jigglies!

Guess what dude. That's exactly what the game thinks. Well the first part anyway:

lightningreturns_12.jpg

"Sis"? So the speculation was right. Lumina is a dark reincarnation of Serah out for....hum....revenge?

Man, the godess Etro sure has mysterious ways of ruling this world.

So the speculation was right. Lumina is a dark reincarnation of Serah out for....hum....revenge?

Here's calling it that her master plan is to revive a giant doomsday robot with a musical instrument interface. Lightning has to sing in a giant elaborate concert scene in order to unite the people of the world before she can stop her.

• Thumbs Up 2

New trailer:

Wow, that cutscene between Snow and Light is so soap-operish in tonetongue.png