Awoo.

Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Saga

pppp

Ok, now i'm really pissed off: Sazh was my favourite character from the original game, and after the gamblingfest of FFXIII-2, this setup of him depressed for his son is a step in the good direction (don't forget that Sazh's story is equally tragic as the other characters').

And then, that scene with the chocobo chick. Why? What was the point? it doesn't look funny and it doesn't light the tension/depression of the situation: it just looks stupid and out of place.

The treatment Toryiama/Kitase are reserving to Sazh is sad, especially since he's a far more interesting character then Hope or Snow.

I can only hope now that in the final product, it will not be that bad.

Guess what dude. That's exactly what the game thinks. Well the first part anyway:

lightningreturns_12.jpg

That doesn't sound awkward or clumsy at all.

New trailer:

Soap opera-level melodrama with a forced an unfathomably awkward attempt at "comic relief".

The writing is really, really bad.

The graphics are really, really bad.

The environments look like the same "A GIANT CIRCLE IS EXPLORATION YOU GUISE" bullcrap as XIII-2, and look really, really bad.

Everything about this game looks really, really bad.

Final Fantasy XIII is really, really bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

The graphics are really, really bad.

Yeah, I have to disagree with you there. The graphics are not Uncharted, Crysis 3 or The Last of Us material sure, but they're not "really, really bad", especially for current gen.

Yeah, I have to disagree with you there. The graphics are not Uncharted, Crysis 3 or The Last of Us material sure, but they're not "really, really bad", especially for current gen.

They're much worse than the four-year-old original game, that's for sure.

The environments are unappealing and uninspired and the textures look lazy and mediocre. And if the framerate is anything like XIII-2, that's simply unforgivable. I honestly think it looks barely better than the average PS2 game - if not for the character models (which still look pretty 2009), it would look almost like FFX-2.

In the meantime, I'll present another JRPG that was (originally) released in 2009 and made on a lower budget that still looks far better than Lightning Returns:

40421TOXi_20.jpg

(i'm sorry but this game seriously rustles my jimmies)

Edited by T-Man
  • Thumbs Up 2

The environments are unappealing and uninspired and the textures look lazy and mediocre. And if the framerate is anything like XIII-2, that's simply unforgivable. I honestly think it looks barely better than the average PS2 game - if not for the character models (which still look pretty 2009), it would look almost like FFX-2.

In the meantime, I'll present another JRPG that was (originally) released in 2011 and made on a lower budget that still looks far better than Lightning Returns:

40421TOXi_20.jpg

In the meantime, I'll present another JRPG that was (originally) released in 2009 and made on a lower budget that still looks far better than Lightning Returns:

40421TOXi_20.jpg

(i'm sorry but this game seriously rustles my jimmies)

Check your facts T-Man, Xillia was originally released in 2011, not 2009. BTW, XIII-2 was also released in 2011 in Japan tongue.png

Check your facts T-Man, Xillia was originally released in 2011, not 2009. BTW, XIII-2 was also released in 2011 in Japan tongue.png

Huh. You're right. Graces was released in 2009, my bad.

But my point still stands.

For the record, I also think Graces looks better than LR, and it was originally a Wii game

ToG-F-Screens_10-20-10.jpg

Maybe not better on a technical level, but a lot more appealing imo.

Edited by T-Man

• 2 weeks later...

A behind-the-scenes look of the game. It says Part 1 so there will be more parts to come in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJVC6fknVQw

A behind-the-scenes look of the game. It says Part 1 so there will be more parts to come in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJVC6fknVQw

"We want Hope and Light's relationship to grow"....So now we have pedophilia into the mix, oh it just gets better and better.huh.png

"We want Hope and Light's relationship to grow"....So now we have pedophilia into the mix, oh it just gets better and better.huh.png

...I'm sure they didn't mean it that way.

Hey wouldn't be the first time Toriyama does that. Rikku being 15 years old in FFX comes to mind.

After the boob size-changing costumes and the sexualisation of Light via other costumes, i think they mean exactly that way.

• Thumbs Up 3

After the boob size-changing costumes and the sexualisation of Light via other costumes, i think they mean exactly that way.

Until we see a very provocative scene with Lightning and Hope in the game when it's out, we are making a fuss over nothing right now.

Until we see a very provocative scene with Lightning and Hope in the game when it's out, we are making a fuss over nothing right now.

This.

And honestly, it's not like there isn't an amazingly abundant wealth of things to complain about with this game.

I wonder what they call Lightning's boob-magic. When she wears a Tifa costume, is she casting "Breastaga?"

...Er, sorry. Back to discussing possible pedophiles.

Edited by Sixth-Rate Soma

Sp apparently Hope is now Q from Skyfall:

Also holy shit, this area reminds me of older FFs:

Mother of God...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIeuXFzJCWA&feature=player_detailpage#t=55

The sand texture...it looks like plastic.

It literally, honestly looks like plastic.

................................is...this is the road we're going down now...oh my...OH MY NOOOOOOOOOO-

newsonsc1.jpg

Square Enix, a company revered for their games' production values, has stooped to the level of one of the most crude low-budget bastardizations of a franchise in recent memory.

I am speechless.

OF COURSE, never mind the area's complete emptiness and lack of interesting design. It looks like it's trying, for whatever ungodly reason, to emulate Journey, and doing it terribly. You know what? I know I've said this before and yet gotten pissed again, but...this is seriously entertaining at this point....

...but I did like the music.

I'm loving the music, as for the graphics I'd say that they're good enough. What they should do is do what Battlefield 3, Splinter Cell Blacklist and GTA V did and include a HD texture installation application with the game to enhance the graphics.

What they should do is do what Battlefield 3, Splinter Cell Blacklist and GTA V did and include a HD texture installation application with the game to enhance the graphics.

Didn't know you could do that for console games.

Also, with a few months left till release, they've got enough time to do that.

NOT sarcasm, BTW.

Didn't know you could do that for console games.

Also, with a few months left till release, they've got enough time to do that.

NOT sarcasm, BTW.

Yeah, most games which are too big or technical for the console to handle have the ability to install the HD textures separately onto the hard drive instead of making it all run and process from the disk. It takes some stress of the system and prevents making the game looking like crap.

Those 3 games I listed are the only ones I know which do this...I'm not sure if they are more.

Edited by KrazyBean

Yeah, most games which are too big or technical for the console to handle have the ability to install the HD textures separately onto the hard drive instead of making it all run and process from the disk. It takes some stress of the system and prevents making the game looking like crap.

Those 3 games I listed are the only ones I know which do this...I'm not sure if they are more.

I see.

Not that I was interested in this game (as I haven't played any of the previous XIII titles), but it's good to know.

Well guys, remember how XIII-2 made XIII utterly pointless? Well, now its this game's turn:

According to the latest issue of Famitsu, two central Final Fantasy XIII-2 characters will be appearing in the new game. We are talking about Caius and Paddra Nsu-Yeul. Caius had already been confirmed some time ago but this the first time we actually get some in-game confirmation.

http://www.explosion.com/43660/caius-paddra-nsu-yeul-appear-lightning-returns-ffxiii/

There you go guys, all that time we spent on XIII-2? It was all completely a waste of our time. It doesn't matter anymore. The villain is still alive, Yeul's so called "sad death" is also now meaningless cause apparently the destruction of time didn't stop her from reincarnating like Caius said it would. There's more contradictions in this series than in an Ace Attorney case sleep.png

Well guys, remember how XIII-2 made XIII utterly pointless? Well, now its this game's turn:

http://www.explosion.com/43660/caius-paddra-nsu-yeul-appear-lightning-returns-ffxiii/

There you go guys, all that time we spent on XIII-2? It was all completely a waste of our time. It doesn't matter anymore. The villain is still alive, Yeul's so called "sad death" is also now meaningless cause apparently the destruction of time didn't stop her from reincarnating like Caius said it would. There's more contradictions in this series than in an Ace Attorney case sleep.png

The hell? Caius is still alive? So this game is a reboot now or something? So there is really no point in playing 13 and 13-2. LOL, OK.

Man Square, I'll still get this game, but hurry up and give me FF XV already...

Edited by KrazyBean

Well, at least here there's some sort of continuation from XIII-2, unlike there when the whole Dysley/Orphan scheme of "destroying Cocoon in order to recreate everything" was revealed to be not only pointless, but even generator of more troubles. In other words, Lightning & Co. barely existence makes these games bad: spectacular.