Awoo.

Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Saga

pppp

Hey SSMB... look who else is back in this series!

yQMk49F.jpg

QpVDxCq.jpg

And look who else is back!

AG53YZ2.jpg

FF13... the only people who die are Hopes Mum and... the hope of this series being any good.

So everything you did in FF13-2... .. ... WAS absolutely pointless.

And check out this new costume trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC-2soNWrd0

You know what my favourite part is? Their use of the colour grey in the background of every single environment. Not many developers can do much with the colour grey but, this one does it.

Hey SSMB... look who else is back in this series!

yQMk49F.jpg

QpVDxCq.jpg

And look who else is back!

AG53YZ2.jpg

FF13... the only people who die are Hopes Mum and... the hope of this series being any good.

So everything you did in FF13-2... .. ... WAS absolutely pointless.

Dude i already posted about this a page back. Old news xD

Kingdom Hearts actually has more characters that die and stay dead at this point. (And the ones that come back to life are at least likable somewhat, and make you feel something.) I mean, WOW. Is there anything that stays constant in this franchise? Anything?! Cause so far all I'm seeing is the events of the last 2 games basically having no relevance in this aside from "Time got screwed up."

Edited by Naminé

Kingdom Hearts actually has more characters that die and stay dead at this point. (And the ones that come back to life are at least likable somewhat, and make you feel something.)

Sorry for this OT, but in the KHverse, "death" seems to be an abstract concept (kinda like in the 4Kids version of the first Yu-Gi-Oh seasons). I mean, the only characters that die effectively are maybe Clayton and Frollo, and that's it. The others are just "magically trasported to the shadow realm" or in other cases, recombined in other beings as Heartless and Nobodies. Considering the series constantly changes its own rules with every game, it's kinda hard to say who actually lives and who actually dies.

But enough of that OT: i stil agree on the fact that resurrecting Yeul is a huge wtf thing to do. I mean, Caius was shown in the superduper secret ending of XIII-2, so it was expected, but Yeul?

Also, about Serah: remember my words (as i already said) about the prediction of the ending of this game. It will be basically the ending of the first game with Fang and Vanille along with the rest of the group. Consequentially, Caius, Yeul and Noel will disappear from the timeline, and all will live happily ever after. The end.

Remember to come here, if it will actually happen, but i'm quite positive to have centered the score.

Here's the TGS trailer:

At this point the trailers are just starting to meld together, man they're so generic.

I was playing FFXIII

It's fucking boring. All the characters are awful and annoying (hi I'm Vanille look how random I am XDDDDDDD), And there are so many goddamn cutscenes that are drawn out graphics wanking that have no fucking purpose.

I wouldn't call the battle system bad, just different. But I don't think I can be arsed to finish this game because of... Well, everything else.

I was playing FFXIII

It's fucking boring. All the characters are awful and annoying (hi I'm Vanille look how random I am XDDDDDDD), And there are so many goddamn cutscenes that are drawn out graphics wanking that have no fucking purpose.

I wouldn't call the battle system bad, just different. But I don't think I can be arsed to finish this game because of... Well, everything else.

So it's like i guessed. Try FFIX, being the Tales fan you are, you should like it alot, since Tales games like drawing a lot of story elements from it, particularly Vesperia.

OK let me start by saying something positive: The CGI, as is always the case with Square, is gorgeous and the animation is fantastic.

But aside from that...Honestly why is this taking place in the FFXIII universe? Light and Snow are not in character, nothing about this feels FFXIIIish at all, asides from that pointless reference to the crystal pillar from the end of FFXIII. XIII-2 was terrible and had a significant change in story direction, but at least it felt somewhat familiar to players of the original.

This honestly feels like something from a new IP. It feels totally alien to me.

Also usual problems persist: bad dialogue, over the top melodrama and voice acting is still dull.

• Thumbs Up 1

Somebody explain to me why Snow is a bad guy now when for THE PAST 2 GAMES HE'S BEEN A HERO! I mean seriously, why is everyone that once sided with Lightning now out to kill her?

I was playing FFXIII

You didn't like Sazh?:o

Seriously... I think this game is trying to be everything the first two weren't. Its like a "what if" kind of thing, really not liking the direction. I gotta say it looks beautiful but thats it.

Seriously... I think this game is trying to be everything the first two weren't. Its like a "what if" kind of thing, really not liking the direction. I gotta say it looks beautiful but thats it.

I really hope that they at least attempt to explain some things which will at least make it tie in more with the other 2 games.

I honest to god giggled at Lightning's first appearance. She's perched on a building like Batman, wearing the most ridiculous sunglasses ever conceived, lightning strikes and she makes a huge, campy gesture as she turns around...

"...yeah."

• Thumbs Up 2

I honest to god giggled at Lightning's first appearance. She's perched on a building like Batman, wearing the most ridiculous sunglasses ever conceived, lightning strikes and she makes a huge, campy gesture as she turns around...

"...yeah."

Not to mention that the lightning (not the character) is red...when was the last time you saw red lightning?

• Thumbs Up 1

Not to mention that the lightning (not the character) is red...when was the last time you saw red lightning?

This game is based on the "end of the world" right? So I guess they wanna make a.... "hell" like atmosphere on Earth? Might guess.

Hey guys, let's play a game. Count how many Sonic 06 loading times(20 seconds each) fit in this Lightning Returns load time:

THAT'S RIGHT. 3! 3 SONIC 06 LOAD TIMES!

*laughs like the count from Sesame Street*

What's there to like? He's a generic "AH HELL NAH" black guy stereotype.

Where do you get that from? Cause aside from sounding like a black guy and having a fro, I don't exactly see all that much that screams "BLACK GUY STEREOTYPE!" The fact that his story is actually far more interesting than anyone else to me is one reason to like him. His son is kidnapped, cursed,frozen and to top it all off, he doesn't know that it was one of his good friends that caused that entire thing. The man almost commits suicide! Aside from that, he probably makes the most sense in the first game, not spouting the exact same thing just in different order every 10 minutes. He also brought some genuine humor to the series. Overall, I actually felt for the guy. The relationship between Sazh and his son is also touching, especially when they reunite for the first time. Hell, even the DLC ark in FF13-2 ended up being more interesting for me than the actual game. Although, this is just what I got from the character.

• Thumbs Up 6

Hey guys, let's play a game. Count how many Sonic 06 loading times(20 seconds each) fit in this Lightning Returns load time:

THAT'S RIGHT. 3! 3 SONIC 06 LOAD TIMES!

*laughs like the count from Sesame Street*

To be fair, the game looks far better than Sonic 06 graphically, but still that's pretty abysmal considering far better looking or bigger games have better loading times than this.

Where do you get that from? Cause aside from sounding like a black guy and having a fro, I don't exactly see all that much that screams "BLACK GUY STEREOTYPE!" The fact that his story is actually far more interesting than anyone else to me is one reason to like him. His son is kidnapped, cursed,frozen and to top it all off, he doesn't know that it was one of his good friends that caused that entire thing. The man almost commits suicide! Aside from that, he probably makes the most sense in the first game, not spouting the exact same thing just in different order every 10 minutes. He also brought some genuine humor to the series. Overall, I actually felt for the guy. The relationship between Sazh and his son is also touching, especially when they reunite for the first time. Hell, even the DLC ark in FF13-2 ended up being more interesting for me than the actual game. Although, this is just what I got from the character.

Then that stuff must be later on, because from the point I stopped at, all he did was bitch and complain out of fear  of "oh em gee l'cie" or whatever the hell it's called.