Awoo.

Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Saga

pppp

Well guys i give you the new Vanille:

lrffxiii-artworkcharacter-art-v1-pub-van

Also Lightning in a purple dress:

lrffxiii-artworkcharacter-art-v1-wear-mi

What abilities does this costume unlock i wonder?

So IGN is doing a stream of the game "for an exclusive look at never-before-seen footage". The stream will start promptly at 7:00pm and will run to 7:45pm BST (12:00pm ET, 11:00am PT).

I'll be watching why not, so anyone interested in commenting on what is shown in the stream come back to this topic tomorrow.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/10/12/ign-live-presents-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii

Edited by Noctis Caelum

Well guys i give you the new Vanille:

lrffxiii-artworkcharacter-art-v1-pub-van

If that's Vanille, I can only imagine what Fang is dressed up as.

And hey, at least Lightning is somewhat less slutty in this costume!

If that's Vanille, I can only imagine what Fang is dressed up as.

And hey, at least Lightning is somewhat less slutty in this costume!

Fang looks exactly the same.

Well here's the main highlight of the Stream:

After finishing Lightning Returns, Toriyama's team is taking "a long holiday". So for now we are FREEEEEE.

No more from these guys for a while.

Definitely great news.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well here's the main highlight of the Stream:

After finishing Lightning Returns, Toriyama's team is taking "a long holiday". So for now we are FREEEEEE.

No more from these guys for a while.

Definitely great news.

Well, we already knew that Lightning Returns was for sure the final XIII game. Doesn't mean some XIII-related characters won't cameo in other games, but its the last in the XIII trilogy anyway.

I'm still expecting Light to show up in KH III, but at least the XIII plague that infested this console generation is ending along with it. May FF XV be like a phoenix for the series.

I'm still expecting Light to show up in KH III, but at least the XIII plague that infested this console generation is ending along with it. May FF XV be like a phoenix for the series.

I still hope for this no to be true. I mean Noctis has a better connection to the KH series. I think it would be more positively taken for him to show up instead of Lightning. But eh, she won't ruin the game for me if she's in(as long as she keeps a small role.)

I'm not going to defend the last two FF13 games.. I like the first one and wished it stayed at THAT ONE GAME.  - Seeing as follow ups in this series don't do too well.... Anybody remember 10-2? Cause I do... dressup game. -.- Rendered Yuna's character arc completely useless. .. turned Rikku into a whore... grumble grumble.- But This sting isn't making me hope for FF VX either. I'm hoestly wondering if SE has lost it's touch with making GOOD games? D: FF VX

I'm not going to defend the last two FF13 games.. I like the first one and wished it stayed at THAT ONE GAME.  - Seeing as follow ups in this series don't do too well.... Anybody remember 10-2? Cause I do... dressup game. -.- Rendered Yuna's character arc completely useless. .. turned Rikku into a whore... grumble grumble.- But This sting isn't making me hope for FF VX either. I'm hoestly wondering if SE has lost it's touch with making GOOD games? D: FF VX

LR is made by a completely different Team. The team that makes the Kingdom Hearts games are working on XV. So if you liked those games, there shouldn't be much to worry about.

So, it seems that Yuji Abe and Motomu Toriyama will come here in Milan next week to present the game, release autographs and pictures and stuff like that. I already got my invitation, so i will give you a report once i will return from there.

So, it seems that Yuji Abe and Motomu Toriyama will come here in Milan next week to present the game, release autographs and pictures and stuff like that. I already got my invitation, so i will give you a report once i will return from there.

Tell them "Make sure it's a long vacation, you sure deserve your rest"   for me tongue.png

Take your ticket, son: it's like the 20th  "nice thing to say" that people reccomended me to telle to them rolleyes.gif

So yeah here's an 8 minute video with the lead game designer explaining the game:

I still want to try the gameplay myself before writing it off, but i have to admit, my initial e3 enthusiasm has decreased.

Also:

Another piece of DLC that makes me wish i was playing FFVII instead of Lightning Returns. Joy.

• Thumbs Up 2

I like the victory music. It has TECHNO, so many games don't use that style anymore. It makes me sad. 

And here i am, back from the event. Here's what was shown:

-25 minutes of a demo wich takes place before entering Snow's palace: basically, Light has to find a way to enter but she needs Guil, so she fights fire variant of an Apanda in a colossuem to earn the money;

-some artworks about locations, monsters (the Chocobo-Eater and a wooden spirit call Driad wich will appear in the Moogle village) and costumes (including one that is basically Locke Cole's costume from FFVI);

-a lot of photos and autographs from the 2 developers (including my copies of FFXIII and FFXIII-2 -though i only did that just to be sure those game will be more valuable in the future-);

-a playable demo that takes place in Snow's palace: you fight some of the monster that have ruined the party, run chasing Snow and confront a dragon summoned by Lumina;

Basically that's it. Some clarifications:

-the Chain Gauge has been converted from that giant bar in the top right corner of the screen to a sort of electric charge that appears with with the HP bar: basically, you attack with the element that the enemy is weak of and you can put it in Stagger mode;

-there is a one-man-band outside Snow's palace: the producers have confirmed he will play song from the previous chapters of the series;

-the colosseum in Snow's city is different from the Arena that is set to return: they are probably co-existing;

-the textures are better in general (almost) but the game still looks unfinished: characters have no shadow and the hit detection during cutscenes is... well... the same as Big Rig's truck. There was this part during the presentation in wich Light was talking to the one-man-band and his trumpet just trepassed her in the head. Needless to say, it was very hilarious;

That is all: i will take a photo to the autographed games if you want.

And here i am, back from the event. Here's what was shown:

-25 minutes of a demo wich takes place before entering Snow's palace: basically, Light has to find a way to enter but she needs Guil, so she fights fire variant of an Apanda in a colossuem to earn the money;

-some artworks about locations, monsters (the Chocobo-Eater and a wooden spirit call Driad wich will appear in the Moogle village) and costumes (including one that is basically Locke Cole's costume from FFVI);

-a lot of photos and autographs from the 2 developers (including my copies of FFXIII and FFXIII-2 -though i only did that just to be sure those game will be more valuable in the future-);

-a playable demo that takes place in Snow's palace: you fight some of the monster that have ruined the party, run chasing Snow and confront a dragon summoned by Lumina;

Basically that's it. Some clarifications:

-the Chain Gauge has been converted from that giant bar in the top right corner of the screen to a sort of electric charge that appears with with the HP bar: basically, you attack with the element that the enemy is weak of and you can put it in Stagger mode;

-there is a one-man-band outside Snow's palace: the producers have confirmed he will play song from the previous chapters of the series;

-the colosseum in Snow's city is different from the Arena that is set to return: they are probably co-existing;

-the textures are better in general (almost) but the game still looks unfinished: characters have no shadow and the hit detection during cutscenes is... well... the same as Big Rig's truck. There was this part during the presentation in wich Light was talking to the one-man-band and his trumpet just trepassed her in the head. Needless to say, it was very hilarious;

That is all: i will take a photo to the autographed games if you want.

I think if i was right in front of Toriyama i would ask him how come he needs to put his fantasies in his games. What he can't get a woman? Well maybe when he meets them he just stares at their boobs and forgets to talk

• 2 weeks later...

So, remember how games like Lost Planet 3 and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance were developed by other companies and published by their original owners? Guess who's the next series that will probably be affected from this.

I say that at least they can't do worse then Toriyama.

Eidos is a very talented developer, so I definitely approve, they at least would put effort into it. Just get a better writer, cause Tomb Raider 2013's story was filled with logical plotholes that completely impeded any enjoyment I could have from the story.

I know I'm really late on this, buuut....

What abilities does this costume unlock i wonder?

A costume that doesn't make Lightning look like a cross between your average comic con cosplayer and a stripper. Nice. Now if it only looked fit for combat in the slightest.

• Thumbs Up 1

So here's some interesting parts from a new interview with Toriyama and Abe:

Motomu Toriyama is one of the most important and respected within the current organization of Square Enix in Japan.

I shudder to think what the least respected guy is like ohmy.png

Well this time we wanted to focus more on the visual than other considerations. This means that although there will be noticeable changes in terms of the gameplay, with Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII we wanted to take advantage of every possible technical capabilities of the PS3 and Xbox 360 consoles and high definition.

"Yeah our effort to make this HD 2013 game look like a PS2 game from 2005 really shows"

Can you ensure that this is the last episode of the Final Fantasy XIII?

Motomu Toriyama. Yeah, Lightning Returns will mark the end of the series, at least for consoles.

Are you absolutely sure? (Laughs)

Motomu Toriyama. Yeah, yeah, it's the end! (More laughter). In fact we have made sure to include an epic finale, do not miss it!

Gotta love how it seems like the interviewer wants this to end tootongue.png

Also fans of this trilogy rejoice, apparently there may be some spinoff titles for mobile platformshappy.png

Full interview here:

http://translate.google.pt/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&prev=_t&hl=pt-PT&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.3djuegos.com/juegos/avances/14592/4039/0/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/&act=url

Meanwhile, Bhunivelze happens:

06nov01.jpg

Sniff sniff, i smell final boss.