Awoo.

Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Saga

pppp

Eh. It's not that i don't like action (also, i like the gameplay in the KH series), but i don't like the fact that this is the direction the FF series is taking. I especially hate when guys like AngryJoe say that "FFXV is what the series needs now": it infuriates me since what the series needs now is more games like Bravely Default instead of Jonas Brothers wannabes that jumps around at the speed of sound.

I dunno, I like games that involve jumping around at the speed of sound.

As i said, me too: it's just that i don't want that in the FF main series, that's all.

I'm not a huge fan of the FF series, but doesn't each game have a different combat system? Yes, FF 1 too FF 10-2 had traditional turn based combat but each game made some changes/improvements, and latter games like FF 12 and FF 13 had completely different combat systems that played more like MMO combat than FF combat.

FF 15 having combat a lot like Kingdom Hearts really isn't that bad considering that the combat here will only be their for one game (like how the MMO-based combat was only in FF 12) and that FF 17 will either revert back to the roots or do a completely different combat system again.

I don't know, but after all the backlash Square got for FF 13, they will do anything to get possessive reception to the FF series again and if that means one mainline game has more action-based combat, then so be it. And its not like people like AngryJoe are wrong saying FF 15 is the direction the series should do in; the series never had outright action based combat, so it only makes since that you try that system out on powerful hardware that could pull it off right :).

So people seem to be tying this games ending into FFXV....no please no. Doesn't matter if these games are now a myth,legend,Christmas story. I really wouldn't want to see these two universes tied in anyway. Besides, FF7 makes more sense, since the chaos basically acts like the life stream.

Personally I wouldn't mind if the series took a more action based direction since I have never really been a fan of turn based combat to begin with (with some exceptions) and if the stories and music are good too that would give me all the more reason to get them besides just the story.

I don't think I'll get this game...well, maybe when it's like £8 or something. Ni No Kuni is 1 billion times better than this game, so I'm in no rush to play this.

God I'm starting to feel depressed... I don't HATE action-based RPG's, but I far prefer turn-based and most people nowadays seem to hate turn-based. The only action-based RPG's I like are Star Ocean and Tales... Kingdom Hearts is OK, but the first was really boring as was Chain of Memories. KH2 I liked and 358/2 Days... it was a toss-up.

I was interested in Lightning Returns somewhat, but now that I know the plot, I don't care. I mainly liked the series for the lore, but most of the lore isn't even explained in the main games, so its kinda pointless.

XIII and XIII-2 are semi-ok. They have decent strategy to them, but regardless, they take a lot out of the turn-based RPG formula by only allowing you to control one character at a time. Ok, so, what's the point of that? At that rate you might as well just make it fully action-based.

God I'm starting to feel depressed... I don't HATE action-based RPG's, but I far prefer turn-based and most people nowadays seem to hate turn-based. The only action-based RPG's I like are Star Ocean and Tales... Kingdom Hearts is OK, but the first was really boring as was Chain of Memories. KH2 I liked and 358/2 Days... it was a toss-up.

I was interested in Lightning Returns somewhat, but now that I know the plot, I don't care. I mainly liked the series for the lore, but most of the lore isn't even explained in the main games, so its kinda pointless.

XIII and XIII-2 are semi-ok. They have decent strategy to them, but regardless, they take a lot out of the turn-based RPG formula by only allowing you to control one character at a time. Ok, so, what's the point of that? At that rate you might as well just make it fully action-based.

I guess its just because they all feel kind of stale to me, I pick an option, watch the attack hit something then boom, numbers fly up. No interesting twists or anything interesting about it and I find that most of the time its mostly depending on your level than actual strategy (save for a few exceptions) and honestly I just got tired of it after awhile and if im gonna be paying money for a game I want to be able to play it for more than just the story. I can see why people like them but its not really my type of thing half the time unless its something really good.

At this point, can we just get a classical IX-type of FF game that won't show it's age just a generation later?

Personally, as long as it's done well, I welcome any battle system. fully turn based, turn based with ATB, a mix of both or even fully action driven, it's all good as long as it's fun and well designed.

• 4 weeks later...

Lightning has just won the award for best character of 2013 at the Dengeki PlayStation Awards...

bi0vh3xcqaa0hfq.jpg

Now before fans of this series get too excited... behold her competition.

2nd place was Hatsune Miku

3rd place was Monokuma

4th place was Zero from Drag-on Dragoon 3

5th place was Neptune/Purple Heart

6th place was God Eater's Alisa

7th place was Yuna and Raiden for a tie.

9th was Rorona

10th is Rean from Sen no Kiseki

First you get angry... then you see the competition and then just can't stop laughing.

Man, I guess good characters are hard to come by over there (minus raiden and miku and alisa just based off of god eaters burst).

• Thumbs Up 1

What is zis? Lightning Returns has a very low number of polygons, how could Lightning possibly be complex or emotional enough?

Jodie Holmes is clearly the best character, she is powerful CIA and is played by Ellen Page.

Yet more proof that gamers can't unzerstand my art and that the industry needs to grow up.

>Neptune not at least being above Lightning

Hahahahahahaha WHAT

I'm not asking for Neptune to win, but she is more human than Lightning in her current state could ever hope to be.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, looks like Lightning strikes again. =P

Never was a huge fan of the character, but I won't complain.

• 2 years later...

BUMP! OMG OMG OMG! XIII IS BACK!

Final Fantasy XIII trilogy is coming to PS4 during the next year. The bundle will include Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2 and Lightning Returns on separate discs to be enjoined in 1080p and 60fps.

DAY 1 IF F***ING TRUE!!!

http://vgleaks.com/final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-roadmap