Awoo.

Man of Steel (Superman Reboot)

Winston

Wow, Batman reebot talk already? That's pretty sickening.

If I had to guess, I think it'll be about

MASSIVE TDKR Spoilers

Blake taking up the mantle and becoming Batman on his own; yeah, his name's Robin, but now that Bruce has moved on with his life and Blake found the Bat Cave on his own, it's safe to assume he'll don the mask himself.

If it's a straight reboot that completely has nothing to do with the Nolan trilogy, then yeah, that's fucking stupid.

I saw the teaser trailer for this before The Dark Knight rises yesterday, and while I'm not the biggest Superman fan, this reboot has caught my interest, especially with both Zack Snyder and Christopher Nolan being involved.

If I had to guess, I think it'll be about

MASSIVE TDKR Spoilers

Blake taking up the mantle and becoming Batman on his own; yeah, his name's Robin, but now that Bruce has moved on with his life and Blake found the Bat Cave on his own, it's safe to assume he'll don the mask himself.

If it's a straight reboot that completely has nothing to do with the Nolan trilogy, then yeah, that's fucking stupid.

I'm leaning towards it not being related to the Nolan trilogy if DC ever gets that Justice League movie off the ground.

I'm leaning towards it not being related to the Nolan trilogy if DC ever gets that Justice League movie off the ground.

Unless they have better and more thought out understandings than their comic book interpretations, it will ignominiously fail.

I'd rather have Weisman's, Dini's, and Frank Miller's(before he went crazy with hookers and prostitutes) interpretations of many characters such as Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, and The Flash. They were a lot more human and their negatives as well as positives of the character were presented better.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm excited about the Justice League pulling an Avengers on us. The new Batman is disappointing, but I'm fucking excited for a Flash movie. It is about damn time, and I'm hoping Christopher Nolan is involved. He's proven himself time and again as being able to tell a great story.

Pretty sure it won't be. As Johnny said, they need it to do the world building for the Justice League movie; and I doubt they could twist the Nolan movies into that even if they gave Batman ice skates and credit cards.

I'd rather have Weisman's, Dini's, and Frank Miller's(before he went crazy with hookers and prostitutes)

*OBLIGATORY RESPONSE*

content removed due to malware warning

Edited by Carbo
  • Thumbs Up 4

Pretty sure it won't be. As Johnny said, they need it to do the world building for the Justice League movie; and I doubt they could twist the Nolan movies into that even if they gave Batman ice skates and credit cards.

I can't wait to see how people try to justify this; especially considering how often people complained about the Spider-Man reboot.

You know what I loved most about the Man of Steel trailer? The fact that it was short, simple, beautiful, and didn't give away the freaking plot.

• 4 months later...

Dear me that trailer was epicbiggrin.png Reminds me alot of the Batman Begins trailer. Then again, it's the same marketing team so that's expected. I swear these guys could make any movie look epic.

I can't wait. Finally a great Superman movie.

I think that was more or less the trailer they showed off at Comic-Con awhile back. Good to see it again without the off-camera nonsense. Never been a big fan of Superman, but this film has captured my interest. Looks good.

Am i the only one that noticed that they pay homage to the first Chris Reeves movie?:

wxHnM.gif

Of course the reboot goes for the badass approach. Reminds me of that scene in The Dark Knight when the Joker is falling that resembles the 89 Burton movie.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...

I. FUCKING. BELIEVE. A MAN. CAN FLY. 

Any initial skepticism should be tossed away because it looks fantastic. 
  • Thumbs Up 8

I've never cared a whole lot about Superman but I am excited to see this. It looks really great.

• Thumbs Up 1

Any initial skepticism should be tossed away because it looks fantastic. 

That's what they said about The Last Airbender. They don't say that anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

June 14 can't come any sooner. It also helps that MOS will be the start of the DC Cinematic universe should it be successful.

Eh, anticipating IM3, RED 2 and star trek 2 more. may still end up going if my dad invites me

• Thumbs Up 2

That's what they said about The Last Airbender. They don't say that anymore.

You mean there were people thinking that movie was gonna be good? It was written by Shyamalan. Also, Batman Begins writers together with the director of Watchmen. I'm pretty sure this movie will at least be competent.

Awesome trailer, and I can't wait to see Amy Adams as Lois more. IMO she's the most talented actress of her generation. She has a beautiful singing voice, she can hilarious in comedies and she can really act very well in dramas. Maybe this movie will make more people see that.

Henry Cavill also seems to really fit his part.