Awoo.

Man of Steel (Superman Reboot)

Winston

So. Quotes from All-Star Superman and Superman: Red Son, at the least.

I'm liking it. Shows they've done good research for the version of Superman they're trying to play- the symbol and god who loves us all.

• 4 weeks later...

A new Man Of Steel poster has been revealed. Looks pree' damn awesome.

New%20Man%20of%20Steel%20Poster.jpg

And here, have some awesome Hans Zimmer music.

Edited by Felix
  • Thumbs Up 4

From that third trailer, it's looking to be a really good movie and with Hans Zimmer doing the music, it looks like we're going to be in for a great soundtrack!

• 2 weeks later...

We now have a 13 minute featurette on the movie:

....Holy shit. This movie looks so freaking good. It's like my favorite critic Richard Roeper says: We are living through the golden age of comic book movies.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not sure how to feel about Man of Steel. On one hand, I am looking forward to it. On the other hand, trying to make a realistic story about an alien who is invincible to almost anything sounds kinda stupid to me.

But it's directed by the guy who directed 300, and I love that film!

Superman is not just an alien. He is, with all intents and purposes, a person with thoughts, feelings, and aspirations like you and I, and is subsequently in a consistent battle with his ethics and trying to fit in with the world around him. Superman is a human story versus "some alien that's immortal". To not make it realistic (espectially in 2013 where comics are now a generally respected medium) or at least empathetic in some manner would in some critical ways miss the very point of what Superman is even about.

• Thumbs Up 3

Too much visual overload. I've even been avoiding TV spots because I don't want to see too much. X.x On the bright side, let's hope all of this marketing has been well spent. I really want this film perform well.

Well since it's the same people who made The Dark Knight. I have high hopes for this movie. Can;t wait to see it next week.

The Hub has made a version of one of the trailers with scenes and the voice actors from Superman: The Animated Series.

I thought it was pretty cool, they did the same thing with The Dark Knight Rises and Batman: The Animated Series last year.

Edited by Galaxy Guardian
  • Thumbs Up 3

So I went on Rotten Tomatoes...  so far has a 66 percent and declining fast... eh...

Edited by Dead Master

So I went on Rotten Tomatoes... so far has a 66 percent and declining fast... eh...

It's at a 68% now. Plus only 50 reviews are in so it should go up soon once more reviews are submitted.

The Hobbit also got a piddling tomato score, which was a bit of a shock considering the reception of the LOTR trilogy.

I guess it's better to still just see it for yourself and come to your own conclusion. I enjoyed The Hobbit when it was sticking to the original book and wasn't trying to cram in unnecessary shit like the LOTR references. Fucking morons could have fit the entire story into one movie rather than the padded shit it turned out to be.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just went to the midnight premier. The only spoiler I have is this. You will not be disappointed. It'll take all those doubts and literally blow the shit out of them.

• Thumbs Up 2

I can either see this today, or wait till Tuesday for free...I'll probably wait till Tuesday.

Yeah, working at movie theatres myself, I can safely say that this is gonna be another massive hit like the other superhero movies.

They sure as hell have a great opening that'll really yank your interest into the rest of the movie.

• Thumbs Up 2

Movie was great! As a Supes fan, it really hit all the right points. Started off slow but really built up to some great action scenes. Legions ahead of Superman 2,3,4 and Returns. Never fully saw the first one so I can't compare.

Not gonna lie, the way Superman stopped Zodd was surprising. Everyone gasped when he snapped his neck. I thought he was gonna get himself killed like in many other superhero movies.

Also Lois finds out Superman is Clark pretty early on and they get together. Just fyi.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've got to say this movie was really really average. The acting was generally okay (bar whoever played Louis), but the script was incredibly cheesy (and not superhero chessy which m fine with if not right). Don't want to say much else without spoiling it, but Star Trek into Darkness and Iron man 3 (even tempted to say after earth), swim circles around this.

Just got back from it and holy shit this movie was AMAZING!!!!! Easily the best superman film in years. Can't wait to see how the rest of the DC cinematic universe turns out.

And here's a bit of a heads up, during the final fight with Zod, Superman jumps over a truck that has the Lex Corp logo on it, which might hint to Lex Luthor being in the sequel.

And another big one is when Supes and Zod are fighting on the satellite, you can see that it has a Wayne Tech logo on it, thus confirming Batman exists in this world. However this is a "blink and you'll miss it" moment, so your gonna have to look closely on this one

Just got back from seeing Man of Steel myself, and wow did they drop the ball in the second half of the movie. And that's a damn shame because the first half of the movie I was really enjoying it, seeing what shaped Clark as a child and everything he was struggling with was handled really well by Snyder. Then all that build up goes out the window in place of a lame superhuman shoving match with inconsistent CG'd people. *sigh*

Guess the Komodin "Meh" would be my rating, too bad there's definitely something here that failed to reach it's potential. Oh and Michael Shannon's Zod is really, really, forgettable. And I blame this both on the director and the script, Shannon's given no interesting or memorable dialogue to say, and Snyder should've let him have more fun with him not tighten his leash.

Hopefully they can get it right next time.

Edited by Balding Spider
  • Thumbs Up 3