Awoo.

Pixar Animation Studios

3D re-releases of The Incredibles and Ratatouille are in the works!

Ohh my god, yesssss. I'm so fucking excited to see these two movies on the big screen again. The Incredibles and Ratatouille are both some of my favorite Pixar films, the latter being my favorite tied closely with WALL-E. There's a lot of potential for the use of 3D in The Incredibles, especially its action scenes.

• Thumbs Up 1

I never got the chance to see Incredibles in theaters because I was a dumb kid and didn't think it'd be good, so I'm stoked for this. <3

That's great! I wish it could be WALL-E (that's my favourite Pixar film ever~), but The Incredibles and Ratatouille are really good. I also hope it doesn't take long for them to release these in the UK.

I don't want a Wall-E remake until I can SMELL the garbage. :I

Seriously though, Incredibles 3D sounds AMAZING. can't wait for that. :D

Pixar always had a great effect on me when it came down to their animation, as I was first exposed to their works by Toy Story when I was a kid, and I greatly enjoyed the great buildup of comedy, jealousy, acceptance and friendship during the whole movie, but I haven't watched a whole ton of other Pixar movies, the only ones I watched were Toy Story 2, The Incredibles and Monsters Inc., but I still like their work of computer graphics animation alot.

You know, whenever Pixar re-releases their older films in 3d, it's usually a hint that they are making a sequel. So could this be a hint that we are finally getting an Incredibles 2? I hope.

Interesting to see The Incredibles returning in 3D. I'm quite interested they'll be spiffing up the movie instead of just doing a lazy 3D transfer like most companies *cough*Star Wars, Titanic*cough*. This talk about high frame rate and more color makes me want to go see it. I haven't watched the movie in literally years, so I'll probably go see it if they decide to bring it over where I live. 

You know, whenever Pixar re-releases their older films in 3d, it's usually a hint that they are making a sequel. So could this be a hint that we are finally getting an Incredibles 2? I hope.

I'm doubtful about that. I'm sure Pixar would want Brad Bird to come back on for directing, and he's off doing his own thing right now. I'm also sure they're not dumb enough to shit out a sequel to Ratatouille which is also getting re-released.

• Thumbs Up 1

The article mentioned that they are using these films to test the new technologies, like more colors, 4K HD, improved 3D depth and such. I doubt it's a hint towards sequels. I think they're just more or less getting familiar with the new technologies to try and ramp up the quality of future films. Think of it like a tech demo of sorts. 

I don't want a Wall-E remake until I can SMELL the garbage. :I

...For a very brief moment I thought you were dissing Wal-E. :P

I might go see the Incredibles in 3D, that'd probably be really cool. Plus I never did see it in theaters, since I usually prefer watching movies at home (until I actually bother to go watch a movie in theaters and go "wow this is actually really awesome!").

Didn't see the incredibles or ratatouille in the cinema so I might go see these...I'm not a massive fan of the incredibles tohugh to be honest. If they include new short films I'll go see both.

Another Cars film? Haven't they milked this franchise enough? Other than that I'm excited for an Incredibles sequel. The video game sequel we got does not count. So consider me pumped for the Incredibles sequel, but I'll just continue to roll my eyes every time I see anything related to Cars. 

Oh my God an Incredibles sequel?! 8D About time! Is Brad Bird returning because I really want him to direct again and--

Another fucking Cars film? Are you shitting me? My wish for the former did not need to be predicated on the latter. This universe is cruel.

• Thumbs Up 2

New Cars film? Meh, I won't bother.

New Incredibles film? YAY! :D

Wonder who's writing and directing it though

I'm wishing so hard for Brad Bird to write and direct again, for them to not do that would be foolish. I do acknowledge Pixar has many talented directors and storytellers, but Incredibles is basically Bird's baby, it even dates back to his days at Warner Bros. Animation, when it was conceptualized as a hand-drawn film.

I'm really excited to hear about Incredibles 2, even if we sorta knew it was going to happen eventually. I'm curious about the plot and stuff, there's a lot of things they could do with a superhero universe after all...

Oh, and I would be annoyed by another Cars movie, but that would require caring about Cars in any way whatsoever.

HOLY SHIT THE INCREDIBLES 2? Yes finally you have no idea how much I wanted this you really don't. Oh and cars.....meh

• Thumbs Up 1

I couldn't care less about Cars 3, but Incredibles 2? It's like a dream come true! Hallelujah!

Brad Bird or I won't give a shit. But honestly I wasn't really wanting an Incredibles follow-up, Finding Dory is as much sequel as I can handle from Pixar at the moment because I'm still mainly looking more forward to seeing a new movie from them, and I'm kind of tired of hearing about so many sequels being produced (even if Monsters University was very good and I'm glad it's a thing).

I'm sure this'll turn out great but I can't hide my disappointment at the fact that sequels are mainly what Pixar is up to these days. Does anyone remember when they said they would only produce a sequel to a movie if it was absolutely necessary? No? Eh.

• Thumbs Up 1

I could do without anymore sequels to be honest...like I said earlier, I don't love the Incredibles as much as everyone else seems to and after seeing Cars 2 for the first time yesterday....yeah, don't think i need another one :P I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Disney handle Cars 3 themselves seeing as they've laid claim to the universe with the Planes trilogy, if they wanted to take over the series completely and let Pixar get on with other things i'd be happy.

I'll look forward to more info on Incredibles 2 though. While i'm not a massive fan it still has my interest.

• Thumbs Up 1