Awoo.

Pixar Animation Studios

Apparently, according to The Rotoscopers, Brad Bird has penned a screenplay for The Incredibles 2, but a director hasn't been announced yet. Maybe Bird can get onto it once he finishes up with Tomorrowland (which is gonna be out this December)? I dunno.

I can't even believe that DisneyToon hasn't just taken over reigns of Cars so to allow Pixar to pour more resources into other movies. A new Cars movie is just a paperweight that delays the next proper Pixar movie by a few more years.

• Thumbs Up 6

A new Incredibles?! FUCKING FINALLY!!!!!!! Here's to seeing a grown up Jack Jack!

Am I the only one who's cautious about the Incredibles sequel? After the weak Cars 2 and the average Monsters University, I can't really bring myself to get excited over this news.

Honestly, I'm kind of tired of Pixar making sequels. I think the Incredibles was fine just on it's own... But then again, so was Finding Nemo. :/

Yes~ they're finally making an Incredibles 2 (Brad Bird pls)!! Oh true, Pixar is making way too many sequels but remember that this one might not come out till 2018 or something, so there's still a long wait. Seems to me like Pixar is turning into Dreamworks though with all these sequels a--

Wait...Cars 3? Cars 3?

nojWx.gif

Coming from someone who liked the first Cars and found Cars 2 as pretty damn mediocre with a wasted concept (seriously, Pixar + world of espionage = !!!!!!!), I can't really care much about a third Cars film. Though they say they're interested in taking the focus back to Route 66 as well as exploring Route 99 (which is practically the "east coast" distaff of Route 66) it could be interesting if done well, comparing the cultures of the two routes and their history...if it's as good or better than the first film, I would watch it. Though I thought Planes and it's sequel would had taken the reigns from Cars as Disney's official boys-targeted vehicle merch series, but whatever. At least with Cars 3, they'll be inclined to the series as a close like they did with Toy Story 3.

New Incredibles, though?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnRpd1dvOkE

So the movie that always should have gotten a sequel is finally getting one, and the one that never should have gotten the first sequel is getting a third.

I'm ambivalent overall.

• 11 months later...

Since I can't seem to find the Pixar topic anywhere, might as well make a new one.

pixar-animation-studio-logo.jpg

In this topic we talk about all things to do with Pixar! Older films, upcoming films etc.

As most of you know, Inside Out is the next Pixar film coming out this summer with The Good Dinosaur later in the year. We finally have an official trailer for the former!

Now this looks much better than that teaser with the family at the dinner table! I love the characters in Riley's head, especially Sadness who is so CUTE. <3 From what I can gather in this trailer, the story seems to pick on the serious topic of depression. ..Or it could just be puberty? =P

Either way, I'm a little more excited now about Inside Out and I hope it will be another Pixar classic. Because it's about time we get another hit instead of a miss (Cars 2, Brave...I guess Monster's University was alright?).

orz

I didn't look that far back in the Off topic to find it. XD Might as well ask a mod to move my thread post there then!

Here's the official trailer for Inside Out! I like it. =]

I'm seriously liking Inside Out the more I see it. It really looks like a return to form for Pixar.

Looking forward to this so much.

Also, there's apparently an alternate trailer they're playing in front of Cinderella (and apparently at a shareholders meeting or something) where the bits that were in the first trailer are replaced with new stuff focusing on the first day of school. Hopefully that'll work its way onto the internet soon. 

As Morris stated, Pixar’s current plan for Toy Story 4 is to make a romantic comedy that’s light on the human-to-toy interactions, as well as any direct links to the previous Toy Stories.

“It is not a continuation of the end of the story of Toy Story 3,” Morris told Disney Latino. “The third movie was over in a beautiful way and completed a trilogy.”

http://comicbook.com/2015/03/05/toy-story-4-will-not-continue-original-trilogys-story-will-be-a-/

giphy.gif

What is the point of Toy Story 4 again? The whole point of the franchise was the idea of becoming obsolete, and that requires a human interaction to function. And with them even recognizing that the main trilogy is over, why are we getting a romantic comedy? I mean, it'll probably be decent, but eh. I need Disney to get its paws out of their production culture.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Toy Story franchise has made a lot of money. People out there still want more Toy Story. It's bound to happen.

Until Toy Story becomes average or a disappointment in box office, they will not stop.

Toy Story 4 won't happen for 8 years minimum anyway, that's a lot of time to make sure the story and animations are great.

Toy Story 4 a romcom? o_o

Ehhhh I'm glad it's not a continuation of the main trilogy, but I hope this film still holds up on its own. I only like select few romcoms so this one better be good!

Toy Story 4 is obviously a spin-off film, probably going to be renamed at some point.

Pixar's really fond of sequels that change the genre and could have been original films with only the slightest tweaks.  <_<

I'm hoping it doesn't focus on a minor character, John clearly has no idea who can and cannot carry a movie.

Toy Story 4 won't happen for 8 years minimum anyway, that's a lot of time to make sure the story and animations are great.

It's coming out in 2017.

• Thumbs Up 1

You're going to be disappointed because it's coming July 2017, a week before How to Train Your Dragon 3.

As Morris stated, Pixar’s current plan for Toy Story 4 is to make a romantic comedy that’s light on the human-to-toy interactions, as well as any direct links to the previous Toy Stories.

And this has me worried. Pixar, one of the most creative companies out there, coming up with brilliant premises such as the feeling of being obsolete, losing your loved one, discovering untold lands, and just so many others, are making a Toy Story film with a tired old worn out premise? Cars 2 did that with the spy genre and look how that turned out! That's not to mention that RomCom's have absolutely no place in the Toy Story universe, considering it's more something they'd parody and the pairing between Buzz & Jessie, was already done pretty well in the third film.

Those are the only characters that I can think of being included in a RomCom and even at that, it couldn't work. If it isn't taking place after Toy Story 3, then it must be a midquel. But if Buzz and Jessie did a RomCom in between Toy Story 2 & 3, it doesn't explain why they aren't together and are still having romantic tension between them.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Pixar doing a romcom. I mean, they practically did so already with WALL-E. My issue is the shoehorning of the theme on a story and universe that worked just fine without it with due to the express interest of focusing and developing others.

Spanish Inside Out trailer. Bringing it up because it has a ton of new footage of young Riley.

Possible tiny (seemingly one of those things you know will happen but not how) spoiler from roughly 2:05 to 2:15.

Awwww baby Riley. That's sweet. <3

You're going to be disappointed because it's coming July 2017, a week before How to Train Your Dragon 3.

That soon already? And lol, a week before HTTYD3 even! Are we expecting more delays then for the latter?

Actually it's already been confirmed a few months ago that HTTYD3 has been delayed until 2018. 8[

Dreamworks just can't catch a break can they?

Anyway, I wonder when we'll get some more details on The Good Dinosaur, since that's supposed to come out this November. I expect a teaser trailer in front of Inside Out, but I also hope we get more details about the plot and some new images