Awoo.

Pixar Animation Studios

After marathoning some Pixar films this week, I've always wanted to talk about one of the least talked about, and frankly, vastly underrated Pixar films.

ratatouille.jpg

Yup. Ratatouille, everybody. First thing you should know is that this film is directed by the mighty Brad Bird of The Iron Giant and The Incredibles fame, both of which are two excellent animated films, you can know with confidence that this movie is going to be quite good. I always wanted to go to Paris, and back when I saw this as a kid in 2007, it gave me a very good picture of what it was like (although I did go last year). Ratatouille has breathtaking animation and visual design (is a usual for any Pixar film), and in every area, just generally a visual masterpiece of a film, especially with it's attention to detail, such as the scenery and the food shown in the movie. The voice acting is spot on, and every person in the cast sounds highly energetic, and each character feels like they have their own distinct personalities, it actually feels like that they are their own character instead of feeling tacked on. Oh yeah, and as Sean had said before, Anton Ego was a great villain. The writing, story and script are brilliant, easily keeping you engaged through the story of Remy, a street rat, who wants to become a chef. Michael Giacchino's score is pure bliss, and very well-fitting for the romantic, lighthearted mood of the film. Ratatouille feels cultural, and it's just in general an inspiring film. All the factor said make this not only an amazing film on all counts, but my favorite Pixar film along the likes of Finding Nemo & the Toy Story trilogy, and another excellent part of Brad Bird's and Pixar's library.

So yeah, Ratatouille is fucking awesome.

1776th POST AWW YEAHHHHH

• Thumbs Up 5

Oh boy, here comes the Cars hate. tongue.png

Me, I don't really hate the movies as much as everyone else here does, but they are not Pixar's best works. My middle sister is a huge fan of the series... I usually don't believe in gender stereotypes, but considering how any girls I know on the net and IRL that didn't like Cars, it's kinda surprising.    

I'm still dying to know what everyone thinks of that Cars land in California Adventure, cause I know a few who weren't happy with the news. Me, I think it was just more cash milking for the Cars franchise, but it's still pretty damn impressive and neat. Of course, aside from some attractions being closed down, I'm someone who thinks Disney parks can do little to no wrong... What do I know? XD 

Though there were so many people at that section the last time we went, my sisters and I were jokingly wondering why the hell there were so many people seeing as how "Everyone hated Cars." tongue.png

Whoa, I just wrote a lot.  Of all the Pixar movies, this was probably the last one I'd expect to be going on about.

Edited by MAYHEM!
  • Thumbs Up 2

Am I the only one that thinks that when planes is released and (most likely) gets bad reviews, Pixar is gonna get all the blame? Despite the fact the movie is being made by Disney Toon Studios?

Am I the only one that thinks that when planes is released and (most likely) gets bad reviews, Pixar is gonna get all the blame? Despite the fact the movie is being made by Disney Toon Studios?

Well that's gonna be the event that will help us divide the world population into stupid people and everybody else.

• Thumbs Up 9

yeah, the general public won't care enough to understand the difference. Most people don't even understand what disney toon studios is, it's either adisney film or a pixar film.

753247317.jpg?37d72e

Disney Pixar announced today that Finding Nemo 2 will be called Finding Dory and will be released November 2015.

Ellen DeGeneres had been in talks for Finding Nemo 2 as far back as August, and the project was confirmed by director Andrew Stanton in September. Albert Brooks, who voiced Nemo’s dad Marlin, is on board too.

“I have waited for this day for a long, long, long, long, long, long time,” said DeGeneres in a press release issued by Disney. “I’m not mad it took this long. I know the people at Pixar were busy creating ‘Toy Story 16.’ But the time they took was worth it. The script is fantastic. And it has everything I loved about the first one: It’s got a lot of heart, it’s really funny, and the best part is—it’s got a lot more Dory.”

Finding Nemo and Finding Dory director Andrew Stanton added: “There is no Dory without Ellen. She won the hearts of moviegoers all over the world—not to mention our team here at Pixar. One thing we couldn’t stop thinking about was why she was all alone in the ocean on the day she met Marlin. In ‘Finding Dory,’ she will be reunited with her loved ones, learning a few things about the meaning of family along the way.”

Disney and Stanton say that Finding Dory takes place a year after the first film, and all your favorite characters are returning. “Set in part along the California coastline, the story also welcomes a host of new characters, including a few who will prove to be a very important part of Dory’s life.”

Finding Dory opens in theaters November 25, 2014. Pixar’s next film to be released is the Monsters, Inc. prequel Monsters University this June.

http://www.hypable.com/2013/04/02/finding-nemo-2-release-date-title-finding-dory/

Odd how the setting relocates from Australia to California, but it does leave it open to more species of fish and such. And more Dory is always good.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not exactly sure what my first impression is. I just have a weird feeling in my gut. I'm hoping that this is more of a spin-off than an actual sequel. 

That said, any serious judgements will be saved for when trailers and more details surface.  

People in general seem to think that any CGI Disney movie is made by Pixar. I've had to explain to my one friend like 3 times that Pixar had nothing to do with Tangled and fucking Chicken Little. Blah.

Edited by gunthær

>sequel announced to one of the best Pixar movies that's centered on one of the best Pixar characters

>wants it to be a joke

Wot?

• Thumbs Up 4

How long before they make a Toy Story world spin-off film? Depressingly, probably not long at all.

Money makes people do such awful things. :(

Sounds like a good idea to me. I just hope it turns out better than Cars 2 did. (which was also a sequel that focused on the funniest character.)

• Thumbs Up 3

Ack, so the Finding Nemo sequel is truly confirmed then.

What's with Pixar and their obsession with sequels lately? I won't say anything yet before we see trailers 'n stuff of Finding Dory, but it's making me want to see The Good Dinosaur more and more. I need more original Pixar films!

• Thumbs Up 1

How long before they make a Toy Story world spin-off film? Depressingly, probably not long at all.

Money makes people do such awful things. sad.png

Toy Story did get a short that aired before Cars 2, if that counts.

But um, what's so particularly "awful" about this? lt's too early to make that kind of judgement; we don't even know much about it other than that it exists. Finding Nemo is one of Pixar's most famous and renowned works, so I doubt they'll put minimal effort into it.

I'm more excited for Pixar's not-sequels, but I think folks are jumping the gun way too soon.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the only bad Pixar sequel so far is Cars 2. I don't see why people are freaking out.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the only bad Pixar sequel so far is Cars 2. I don't see why people are freaking out.

Lots of people have a hate boner for Toy Story 2.

• Thumbs Up 1

Finding Nemo was amazing. Finding Dory has basically a one-in-a-million chance of being better than its predecessor, and has a lot of room to suck as a movie. The fact that it centers on the plucky comic relief from the first movie (a la Cars 2) also does not help.

Speaking as someone who absolutely adores all of the Toy Story films, no. I don't like the prospect of a Finding Nemo 2 for a good many more reasons.

Are you serious? Like---are you serious? What was wrong with that film exactly? I watched that film like 30 times, never get bored of it and if there are flaws in that film I would like to know. D=

Edited by Ming Ming Shana
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm interested in seeing how this will turn out, though I'm a bit skeptical about Dory being a more important character this time around. The last time they took a comedy relief character and gave them a major role for a sequel was in Cars 2, and we all know how that one turned out. There are plenty of interesting locations and species from the ocean left to be explored, so I'm confident this might turn out pretty well.

Though really, I think alot of us would have preferred the sequel for a certain other movie with super heroes...

As someone who's not been entirely on board with Pixar doing sequels to closed stories, the best thing about this announcement is that Ellen's old "Animated Films That Aren't Finding Nemo 2" sketch has been amusingly vindicated.

Finding Nemo was amazing. Finding Dory has basically a one-in-a-million chance of being better than its predecessor, and has a lot of room to suck as a movie. The fact that it centers on the plucky comic relief from the first movie (a la Cars 2) also does not help.

Speaking as someone who absolutely adores all of the Toy Story films, no. I don't like the prospect of a Finding Nemo 2 for a good many more reasons.

It has just as much of a chance to be good as it does to suck, and while I personally don't see a movie focused on Dori to be a bad thing we don't actually have anything to go on besides the title to think it's centered on Dori anyways (Nemo was hardly the center of Finding Nemo)

I wish Pixar would go easy on their trend of sequels and prequels.

Between two phenomenal Toy Story sequels and one awful Cars sequel, Pixar actually has a good track record with creating sequels. But these are the people that were pumping out original concepts and movies year after year with people falling in love with them.

Now it seems like a lot of their upcoming movies are sequels and prequels (Monsters University, Finding Dory, even some rumors of Toy Story 4), and honestly I would rather have them stick to their original works. Movies like Finding Nemo seem to me like they found their natural end point. The plot always finishes in a satisfying way with nothing that remains to be told and even if the sequel is decent, it's still unecessary.

I'm not saying these sequels are going to be bad, I'm sure I will see them and love them. I just hope that Pixar doesn't lose sight of what made them so good; making great original stories.

• Thumbs Up 9

I think you guys are making too big a deal out of this. We had 2 Pixar sequels in a row(TS3 and Cars 2), then an original one(Brave), this year we have a prequel, which is a first for Pixar, and after that we have 3 original movies in a row before this one. We are getting just as much original stuff as sequels.

Dreamworks is gonna make 4 more Kung-Fu Panda movies and i don't see anyone mad about it.

Having original ideas for a movie is extremely hard, there's only so much you can come up with. I think the sequels are for them to have something to do while they wait for an original idea.

• Thumbs Up 4