Awoo.

Pixar Animation Studios

Great news though, unlike many, I'm not totally against the sequels as long as there's a decent story to tell. I trust Pixar more than pretty much ay other company when it comes to stuff like that.

I'm glad they're gonna be doing more original work, it's great great news.

• 1 month later...

I'll be askin' y'all a questionnnnn. Who's your favorite Pixar director? I'll show them and the movies they directed in order to give you an idea:

John Lasseter: Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2, Cars, Cars 2

Pete Docter: Monsters Inc. and Up

Andrew Stanton: A Bug's Life (co-director), Finding Nemo, WALL-E

Brad Bird: The Incredibles, Ratatouille

Lee Unkrich: (co-director of A Bug's Life, Monsters Inc. and Finding Nemo), Toy Story 3

John Lasseter is one of my idols in terms of how he is as an artist.  However he most certainly isn't my favourite director simply because he directed Cars and Cars 2 which were imo the worst Pixar films (Cars is still a pretty solid film mind you, but Cars 2 was poor).  I'd have to say Lee Unkrich probably.  Why?  Toy Story 3.  To complete such a critically acclaimed trilogy over a decade after the last film and not only keep it to the same level of excellence as the predecessors but arguably exceed them takes an insane amount of talent.  

• Thumbs Up 4

Andrew Stanton. The guy directed Finding Nemo and Wall E, which are some of my favorite Pixar films.

Who directed Monster's University, now that you mention it?

Dan Scanlon. His first full Pixar outing, but he has worked on the Pixar Short from Cars 'Mater and the Ghost Light'.

EDIT: Dang ninjas...

Edited by The Eleventh Doctor

Andrew Stanton. Love WALL E and Finding Nemo. <3

Btw, today the D23 Expo (basically a Disney convention) should reveal more info about next year's PIXAR release The Good Dinosaur. Looking forward to seeing some new images and possibly a teaser trailer!

I was never a huge fan if Finding Nemo. I mean it was nice, but nothing special IMO. Finding Dory so right now is giving me more or less the same impression. It will be nice, but nothing special. Too bad I won't get to see it till 2016 though.:P

The Good Dinosaur I'm sure will be pretty good, but Inside Out sounds absolutely feckin' amazing. That bit of Finding Dory concept art is quite beautiful, hoping the film itself is more Toy Story/Monsters Inc sequel than Cars sequel.

• Thumbs Up 3

I really like the concept of Inside Out the most. I'm really excited to see more original stuff from Pixar again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Good Dinosaur and Inside Out sound really interesting and from the art work, they have some great character designs (Anger looks like Meat Boy :))

Finding Dory is going to be interesting; just like Monsters University it has to prove its not only a good film but to be a worthy sequel to the original.  But as MU proved, Pixar has the talent to make quality happen :).

SSMB...

Why is planes getting a sequel?

planes-fire-rescue-logo.jpg

planes-fire-rescue-first-look.jpg

Are they aware that nobody likes Cars 2.... and from the sounds of it nobody likes Planes either?

http://screencrush.com/planes-fire-rescue-summer-2014/

Really? Bleh, I knew this was a rumor for a while, but I was hoping Planes would end up bombing so it wouldn't happen.

Hell, my sister is probably the biggest (and only) Cars fangirl I know... And even she thinks Planes is a stupid Idea.

Planes is not a PIXAR movie guys! It's made by DisneyToon Studios!

Anyway, Inside Out sounds interesting! The concept is so original, though it does remind me of a Disney short releases during WWII called Reason and Emotion. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if thats where the influence came from.

The Good Dinosaur looks great too. Who doesn't like dinosaurs? I just hope there's a variety of dinos in the film and not just focusing mainly on the Apatosaurus family. I want to see a raptor!

As for Finding Dory, I hope too that it's more like Toy Story 2, 3 and Monsters University.

• Thumbs Up 1

SSMB...

Why is planes getting a sequel?

planes-fire-rescue-logo.jpg

planes-fire-rescue-first-look.jpg

Are they aware that nobody likes Cars 2.... and from the sounds of it nobody likes Planes either?

http://screencrush.com/planes-fire-rescue-summer-2014/

It's a bit old, they talked the possibility of a sequel when they greenlit Planes for a theatrical release. Still doesn't make it any less meh though.

Planes is not a PIXAR movie guys! It's made by DisneyToon Studios!

Yeah, but Planes is a Cars spinoff, and it's sorta been more or less accepted that the designs of the characters/animation looks rather close to Cars (hence why some people are /unfortunately/ mistaking it for a Pixar film). That's why it's considered relevant.

though the planes sequel, unlike the first movie which looks like standard tropes, has the theme of losing your dream, but then chasing another isnt touched on very often and actualy seems like it could be good

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys, not the happiest news concerning The Good Dinosaur:

The producer and director of the film had been removed, but the film is not as of yet in turnaround. John Lasseter has reportedly taken Bob Peterson off the film, and is attempting to still meet the 2014 release date.

This is being picked up by other outlets like Huffington Post, so it seems to have some weight. I'm curious though as to what's going with it's production to facilitate this. Bob Peterson was co-director of Up, and was a writer on Bug's Life, Monster's Inc., and Finding Nemo. He seems to have a bit more clout in regards to directorial and writing roles than, say, Pinkava. Like, I'd want him on my team. So what gives? :/