Awoo.

What kind of bosses do you want to fight?

WarioBone

What I would like to see in boss fights is that it is made something fun and epic at the same time and not something they just thrown random things into it just to piss people off (e.g.: the Time Eater boss fight in Sonic Generations on PS3/360).

I want something to be just like bosses in Sonic Colours because this interests me a lot especially the final boss. I wouldn't mind having rival chase fights like Metal Sonic and the Sonic vs Shadow phases from SA2.

Also it will be better if as we progress through the game, the bosses need to be sorted from really easy to really difficult and complex. Some of the games aren't exactly like that and to me it doesn't make sense.

More bosses similar to Generations' Perfect Chaos. Taking advantage of the stage's scenery to defeat a large foe.

• Thumbs Up 4

You know when your Super Sonic in Sonic 4 Ep2 and it only takes four hits to defeat a boss, instead of eight hits when your normal Sonic? I really liked that. Super Sonic is more power and should do more damage to a boss than normal Sonic.

Edited by MilesKnightwing
  • Thumbs Up 3

I’ll agree with most of you here and chip in that variety is key. Staggering each type of boss makes all of them more fun by giving each is own unique feel.

That being said I really do like the vs character bosses. Back in SA1 and SA2 they were particularly bare boned but I think they have evolved a bit into something really creative and fun. Stationary battles (like the one vs. Blaze/Sonic in Rush) provide interesting changes of pace to the usual death bot looming over you and Generations really went above and beyond with the Metal/Shadow/Silver bosses. I wouldn’t want to see 3 in 1 game like that again, but on their own merits each was pretty unique and pure eye candy. The Silver boss was particularly clever in my opinion.

Dimps games do often have pretty good boss sets (Rush, Rush Adventure and Ep II rise to the forefront). I think its because they build up each of their bosses to attack a different “theme”. If the franchise keeps taking cue’s from that originality, then I think we’ll be in a good place for bosses moving forward.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

i can't exactly place my finger on what i want is, but when we have bosses that are stories high i'd love for Sonic to use the surroundings to reach the enemy and its weak spots more, like running up a building and leaping from the roof, or leaping from a building and homing attacking hop-scotch style over a barrage of missiles... the fact Sonic is quick and able to react would make you feel MORE LIKE SONIC if you were treat like him during an actual battle, also instead of blatant chase bosses how bout you give some bosses a HUGE arena radius where you find your own way to it, and giving a boss more than one weak spot to simply bounce against, and not have said boss explode after 8 hits.

you could take an idea from the game Split/Second's book, where the boss causes damage in said arena like stage which permanently changes the stage eliminating that route from you attacking the same way again, so it constantly keeps you thinking of new ways to approach the boss, when it destroys one way of attacking it, it opens up a new way which you have to figure out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic and Eggman. Both on a platform. Both having no way to escape and forced to battle. (similar to the Egg Dragoon fight)

Something that's too great for even Super Sonic to handle, so he has to use Hyper Sonic. It'd be nice to see Sonic in his Hyper form again wouldn't it?

• 2 weeks later...

A character battle... against Robotnik. It would be a chase boss. He would run and attack with wrenches, farts, and Guile-esque kicks. He would take 16-20 hits to take down. It would be the game's final boss, and a subversion of Robotnik running from his machine. Also, the bosses should have a ton of variety.

* A 2D arena boss

* A 3D arena boss

* An isometric arena boss

* A 2D chase boss

* A 3D chase boss

* An isometric chase boss

* A 2D character race

* A 3D character race

* An isometric character race

* A 2D level boss

* A 3D level boss

* An isometric level boss

* A boss in a completely different genre

With 2D AND 3D what good would isometric do? It's not really necessary. I do kind of want to see Sonic corner Eggman in his base or ship and Eggman have to fight Sonic without his machines, like using the room's surroundings or a little emergency blaster gun or something. It doesn't have to be hard, it could be after a more major boss and Sonic just storms in and kicks the crap out of him. Something to really show his desperation again where he just won't give it up.

Edited by Semi-colon e

I think it would actually be really cool if we got an Eggman boss where he wasn't using a mech or anything. Maybe just a energy pistol and a special room he could manipulate? It might make for a somewhat more personal final confrontation.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd like something similar to Dark Gaia, the non-Super Sonic portion, in that you're climbing a huge ass boss that you have to reach the top to hurt, I dunno it was something that stood out to me in the Dark Gaia fight that I liked.

a Race between Eggman (without his floating egg) and Sonic, then we will see if Sonic can ever outrun him :P

okay, on topic:

I don't know about how it would play or anything, but I think it would be cool to see an Eggman boss where you start out on the outside of a huge flying machine, then you'd have to dodge waves of Eggman attacks (not sure if giant F-YOU lasers or lots of badniks would work better), then you'd have to break into the machine (where Eggman is), then you'd have to fight your way to the cockpit, then you hit the cockpit, then you are thrown back, then repeat the process (you'd be fighting different things each time), and at the end, you'd hit the cockpit one final time, but it blows a hole in the wall along with knocking Eggman overboard, which will cause the flying machine to smash into the side of a cliff, but you'd have time to escape (which you'd have maybe a minute to do so, while dodging falling debris).

I think the character fights are good in 2D; like the Knuckles fight in S&K and the Blaze fight in Sonic Rush. I love it when the characters collide and bounce off of each other in mid-air. I would like more of those. I also think they were done quite well in SA2. It makes me wonder how they could have screwed them up so badly in Heroes/Sonic 06, particularly the Silver fight. IT'S NO USE..!!

• Thumbs Up 2

I really miss the days when you used to fight knuckles in S3&K and sonic adventure, but shadow took knuckles's place as sonic's rival......