Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

I haven't seen anyone mention the possibility of Sonic Rivals 3 yet. :P I quite enjoyed the first two but a third game would have absolutely no purpose of existing, so I doubt it.

I'm holding out for a third Sonic Rush as well. Since the DS doesn't appear to be going anywhere anytime soon; I'm sure it's just a matter of time before one is announced eventually. If not, beats me - if it's apparently "no suprise" I don't see it being too big of a deal.

Wasn't the original Iron Man game a movie tie-in? Why in the holy mother of crap would they announce a sequel to a tie-in when no plans for another movie exist yet?

EA does it all the time, and Simon Jeffery wants to be like THQ, so it makes sense.

Wasn't the original Iron Man game a movie tie-in? Why in the holy mother of crap would they announce a sequel to a tie-in when no plans for another movie exist yet?

They do have plans for a sequel to the 2008 Iron Man movie, actually.

I sincerely doubt that's what this game is though.

They do have plans for a sequel to the 2008 Iron Man movie, actually.
I stand corrected. Nevertheless it's far too early to be announcing anything of that sort yet. If they had any sense they'd release details closer to the release of the actual film sequel, like most every other generic tie-in.

My bets are on either a new Rush title, or more likely, in my opinion, the next Sonic Chronicles game. Its technically a joint-announcement with Bioware if its a Sonic Chronicles game, but we already -know- that's coming. We don't know for a fact that Rush 3 is coming.

Of course, that's assuming its a Sonic game, which I think it probably will be.

Oh great - please don't be another Sonic game.

Because then I'll have to get it and I won't have any money to try anything else. Damn Sonic game obsession... XD

Hmm, I didn't see the SEGA's (or any publisher) E3 lineup.

But if it's not a surprise, maybe it's Puyo 7 localization.

Edited by FlameStream

A new jet set radio? That would rock sooooo freakin much!

*a JSR fan can dream*

As much as I want it to be Sonic... I'd actually feel better to not here about a new Sonic game for a while. Instead I hope for the much more unlikely return of Vectorman. Wich will never happen.

Sonic Rush 3 would be awesome for me because I really liked Unleashed and the first 2 Rushes.

Jet Set Radio would probably be for the Wii....bastards <_<

Shemnue...OMG!!!!...Sorry I just had an extreme orgasm...needs break.

Space Channel 5 sequel....need another pair of pants

The possiblities are endless(Gets beaten with a baseball bat)

I haven't seen anyone mention the possibility of Sonic Rivals 3 yet. :P I quite enjoyed the first two but a third game would have absolutely no purpose of existing, so I doubt it.

Regardless of whether or not it's another Sonic game, why rivals? Why not the Sonic game that Backbone entertainment wanted develop before getting interfered ;(?

Anyway, I'm praying for another Jet Set Radio(Doubt it) or maybe.....just maybe.....A House of the Dead 4 port D: !

Then again, it came out in arcades years ago (like 3 or 4) so it's unlikely. Guess we're just gonna have to wait for this super special awesome announcement.

I actually hope it's anything but another Sonic Rush game. Although I'm not big on the idea of a new Sonic Riders either. Whatever it is, I don't think I'll be all to excited unless it's something more along the lines of Sonic Advanced ( Sonic Rush without the Rush ) or Mario & Sonic: Super Fun Happy Crossover Platforming Adventure Wii/DS

Yeah I personally already believe that the real question here isn't "is it a Sonic game" but "what Sonic game is it".

I'm 90% sure that this is a Sonic title if it's not supposed to be an "unexpected title". An unexpected title would either be A) an IP or B) a franchise reboot as they did with NiGHTS and Golden Axe.

Arguabely Jet Set Radio could be counted in the "expected titles" cause a sequel has been rumored for quite some time now I believe.

I'm sticking to my belief that this is a Sonic title of some sort, maybe Sonic Rush 3.

Edited by Otsego Amigo

Seriously hoping for a Rush 3. Rush Adventure's level design was very much in the right direction compared to the first Rush, and it seems like they're trying a bit harder as well. Bet they'll have some pointless gimmick though like the sailing (I found that fun), which wasn't so bad as the first vehicle kept very much to the Rush style of play - tricks and boosting.

Let's watch it be something shit.

Edited by Semi-colon e

EA does it all the time, and Simon Jeffery wants to be like THQ, so it makes sense.

For someone who loves SEGA so much you don't have much faith in them do you?

And now I think about it, I echo what others have said. No new Sonic game for a while please, they need to take their goddamn time and care with the next title. If Sonic Rush 3 is just more of the same with little new from Rush Adventure, I'd probably say "big mistake".

Jet Set Radio would probably be for the Wii....bastards <_<

Releasing a stylised game that would be perfectly suited to a motion controller like the Wiimote (with Motion+), on a console where stylisation is an excellent way of covering up its graphical limitations, is a brilliant idea.

Everyone who is saying a Sonic game is just getting their hopes up, SEGA doesn't hide Sonic games, they have no problem announcing or leaking them before some major press event.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe, just maybe, SEGA want that to change nearly as much as we do.

Little faith? Guys?

Releasing a stylised game that would be perfectly suited to a motion controller like the Wiimote (with Motion+), on a console where stylisation is an excellent way of covering up its graphical limitations, is a brilliant idea.

As true as this is, we all know that JSR would look and probably play way better on 360/ps3. Now if it does somehow happen to be JSR and its on the wii, it will be one of the few games that I will have on my wishlist for Xmas or B-day.

Maybe, just maybe, SEGA want that to change nearly as much as we do.

Little faith? Guys?

Nope, they recently leaked a bayonetta trailer on their FTP that they had to take down a few days ago.

Everyone who is saying a Sonic game is just getting their hopes up, SEGA doesn't hide Sonic games, they have no problem announcing or leaking them before some major press event.

I'm not. I couldn't care less over if a new Sonic game gets announced at this point since with such a short notice between games, you'd figure out yourself that it's a spin-off or similar, and using leaks as an excuse to say that its not a Sonic game doesn't justify it just cause Unleashed happened to let go of a nuclear bombage. Seriously, almost anyone could come up with the idea of it being Sonic, least not to mention that its Sega, so obviously when someone hints on an "expected title" like this, Sonic springs into their minds.

Yeah, leaking. Sure; it's Sega. But that doesnt mean history repeats itself every time a new game is being made.

Also people who constantly complain about Sega "needing to take their time with the games" in an ocassion like this saying that they don't want a Sonic game need to realize that taking time with a game =/= starting to develop a game farther into the future. Alot of developers get into production on the next game directly after a game's gone gold because it's their jobs, its what they do. If they'd announce a new Sonic game now, it could mean that they've developed it for 6-7 months as much as it could mean that they've been developing it for 2 weeks.

Edited by Otsego Amigo

I don't want it to be either, I want it to be both.

I'm not happy with SEGA until Sonic is their best franchise again.

Yes we've just announce a brand new game featuring Sonic and its a return to the land of racing - but nowhere near the likes of Drift or Riders.

3572283749_2d543eabb8_m.jpg

Announcement Trailer:

Sonic City Blognik: http://blogs.sega.com/sonic/2009/05/28/sonicsegaracing/

PRESS RELEASE:

RACE INTO POLE POSITION WITH

SONIC & SEGA ALL-STARS RACING

Get ready for the ultimate racing showdown with Sonic and his SEGA friends!

LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (May 28th, 2009) – SEGA® Europe Ltd. and SEGA® America, Inc., today announced Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, a fast and furious battle to the finish line in this supercharged racer. Developed for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, the home video game system, Wii™ and the Nintendo DS™ system, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing will speed into stores in early 2010.

In a frantic battle to the chequered flag, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing sees Sonic and friends speed around tracks set in mediaeval castle ramparts, lush rainforests and bustling cities, all taken from the visually rich and varied universes of Sonic and SEGA. Fan favourites such as Dr. Eggman, Tails, AiAi, Amigo and many more will join Sonic in their custom built vehicles, revving their engines and jostling to stay ahead of the pack. Each character will race around the track in cars, planes, motorbikes, and in AiAi’s case – a banana mobile! Secret short cuts, swift handling and avoiding strategically placed obstacles are certainly the best way to get to the top of the podium.

“Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing is no ordinary racing game. Its huge variety of characters and vehicles, plus the ability to play both online and off set it apart from other games of this type” commented Gary Knight European Marketing Director, SEGA Europe Ltd. “The team have pushed the boundaries on what you would normally expect and created a different and unique party racing title whereby you really can’t take anything for granted!”

And winning is only part of the fun in Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing! Each character has a specific All Star move such as Super Sonic, Banana Blitz and Tails Tornado, allowing a quick way for competitors to get back into the race! Power ups and weapons can also be collected around the tracks and used against the opposition to ensure they don’t become a threat to that number one position… Players can battle it out in single or multiplayer mode, allowing up to four friends to race in frantic split-screen action, or up to eight players to compete online in the ultimate racing showdown.

Can Amigo scramble Dr. Eggman? Will AiAi say bye-bye to Tails? Are you gonna be faster than Sonic? The race will start in 2010… For more information please visit: www.sega.com/sonicracing.