Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Hey, asshole--before you try and use our site as some sort of justification for your arrogant developmental choices, how about you consider the fact that somebody posted that shit when the admins weren't online? We removed the links, and we absolutely don't endorse the spread of pirated games like that. Try being a bit considerate before you try and make an example out of us.

This.

There's no excuse for blatantly lashing out at the community because one person posted a link to a DS rom that DIDN'T WORK

You're meant to be a professional, quite frankly I'm dissapointed that such childish insults are being thrown about and not only that but to Sonic Retro. Sonic Retro has contributed a hell of a lot and now because one person posted a link. Online play would've trebled the sales of the PC version of the game and that's that.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Been playing this the last couple of days and played a bit online today. Is it just me or is Alex Kidd way too good? My first race online I went as him and completely annihilated my opponents. I even got the outrunner achievement first try. It feels too cheap playing as him, especially as I want to get the Death Adder achievement out of the way and you can't exactly attack people when you're so far ahead

The game is outstanding! Hats off to you, Sumo crew. I just have one question: Are we Americans ever gonna get a Forklift Ryo download? If you'd add in the first DLC pack (or as its own download, if you're not doing 'packs'), I'd definitely give it a download. Well, as long as it's not, like, $5. :)

Anyhow, yeah. The game rocks. I've made my way through the six cups on Beginner and Advanced, and just finished the Chao Cup on Expert (or whatever 'hard' is called). I've also cleared and achieved AAA ranks on the first 16 missions. Once I've finished all of the single-player stuff, I'm gonna take this thing online for some real competition! AVP and ASR are the most fun I've had with a game in a LONG time. Thank you, UK, for having such awesome developers. And thank you, SEGA, for funding their projects. :D

Oh god give the guy a fucking break, given that he's going around forum to forum answering questions on YOUR behalf as well as being executive producer of this game can you blame him for getting pissy that someone's posted links to ISOs and ROMs of a game he's just spend the best part of 2 years making? And I doubt he's gone through any forum topics besides the SaSASR one at Retro or any other forum so god forbid he might believe that piracy is the norm there.

And in all fairness none of you were any better by coming here and bitching to him about it, especially considering most of you have started personal attacks on him.

Hai2u

• Thumbs Up 6

Oh god give the guy a fucking break, given that he's going around forum to forum answering questions on YOUR behalf as well as being executive producer of this game can you blame him for getting pissy that someone's posted links to ISOs and ROMs of a game he's just spend the best part of 2 years making? And I doubt he's gone through any forum topics besides the SaSASR one at Retro or any other forum so god forbid he might believe that piracy is the norm there.

And in all fairness none of you were any better by coming here and bitching to him about it, especially considering most of you have started personal attacks on him.

Hai2u

He's a fucking professional, pointing at a fan-site that does things without the motivation of money. Noone's bitching to him, we're making simple claims. If the PC had online play it WOULD sell 10 times more than it ever will, and we're talking about the same guy who said BLAME SONIC DRIFT WHY SONIK IS IN A CAR

So don't tell me to give him a break when we're being insulted for asking simple questions and getting juvenile insults as a response

EDIT: And not that the spamfest this thread is isn't enjoyable to sift through already. Noone can cover up for "THIS IS THE REASON YOU DON'T HAVE ONLINE PLAY"

Edited by jackskellinghog
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

oh, why does it have to be so far away! D=

I still gotta wait to get mine.

Unless one of you wants to buy it for me :D

Yeah Im going to need to watch a YT vid for this Bonanza Bros. Mission even with Clisp's help Im always 2 or three stars away from AAA.

I still gotta wait to get mine.

Unless one of you wants to buy it for me :D

Pass

Still trying that Monkey Trou-le mission here.

This.

There's no excuse for blatantly lashing out at the community because one person posted a link to a DS rom that DIDN'T WORK

You're meant to be a professional, quite frankly I'm dissapointed that such childish insults are being thrown about and not only that but to Sonic Retro. Sonic Retro has contributed a hell of a lot and now because one person posted a link. Online play would've trebled the sales of the PC version of the game and that's that.

Urm.... I've certainly had my heated exchanges with S0L during the course of the games development... mainly because of the lack of PS3 features.

But where I drew the line was when it came to addressing him was on the issues of... making up stuff.

What did he say that was either insulting or childish. It's quite true what S0L said, just go read the topic over at Retro, people moaned about no online, as they have done on here and many other sites around. Then the game actually appears in the topic. Yeah it got removed, and rightfully so, but I don't actually understand what was wrong about S0L's remarks?

And how many people actually posted the game? It's one now, but a moment ago it was hinted that it was a few?

Lets be honest here because theres a lot of very rattled people right now, after all, the new members count has just skyrocketed so somebody must have hit a nerve. We're not exactly a shining example of doing the 'correct' things are we? How many times have Sonic fans hacked various official websites to get material (oh go on put this spin of it so it's not hacking it's just 'finding information that was already there.... you just had to blah blah blah.) How many times have we gotten ahold of various images/video and sometimes game files of stuff that we shouldn't and used it? SSMB even has a topic about Sonic Adventure for the XBL... has that even been officially announced yet?

Was it the DS or the Wii demo for ASR that was put onto just about every Sonic fansite as one point?

Then if we look at the stuff that happened following Sonic 4's announcement... we're not exactly a shining example of doing things by the book.

Take your post for instance, it does say a lot that people must have downloaded it to only discover that it didn't work... had we been the shining examples, maybe we would not have downloaded it?

So don't tell me to give him a break when we're being insulted for asking simple questions and getting juvenile insults as a response

What childish insults has he thrown your way?

You keep saying that he hasn't answered your question, but he has, "Why is there no online mode in the PC version?" The answer, "Because it's an easy way to pirate the game." Don't like the answer? Maybe you should write a letter to Sumo... since they made the game?

it WOULD sell 10 times more than it ever will

No it wouldn't... why do people assume this? Reading this topic, various members of the forum, and other Sonic sites do buy multiple versions of the game, but time and time again this counts for a tiny percentage of the total sales. The bulk of the sales, come from people who don't regually post on Sonic forums. So if one version isn't to their liking, they just go for a different version.

0 days to go

It is for me! I think mine should be arriving tomorrow.... please... I really want to play it again, use my DLC code, and laugh as people think I've been dirty hazoring the game!

Edited by Casanova
  • Thumbs Up 5

Wow. I just had a rather nice chat with some Sonic Retro folk and now this...

Thanks for your eloquent post first of all! Lovely language.

Was my post a personal attack on Sonic Retro? No it was merely an example of the behavoir that leads to me not having the budget to add a major feature to one platform of the game.

I've certainly no issue with people modding the games they own, in fact I'm costantly amazed and surprised at what's been acheived.

But there is a difference between that and posting links to software to obtain it illegally. There it's my livelihood at risk.

You might not like that it upsets me, and that I used it as an example, but it's not like I made it up!

And yes, I did also point out as an example to all those going 'OMB Sonic in a car' that it had been done before, your point is again?

Seriously, if you want a reason why you rarely get to talk to the people behind the Sonic games, please re-read your post and consider if you'd like someone to speak to you in that manner.

Goodnight :P

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 11
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Once again, Sonic fanbase:

ngbbs4ae2d79d92aab.jpg

You know I still love ya S0L. =')

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Blah blah words

Wow so a perfect example of why you were dethroned as a moderator. Your long winded inconsistent replies never cease to amaze. I thought we'd buried the hatchet here but quite obviously not.

Directly blaming Retro was the exact quote, I think YOU need to reread his posts. Seriously, and assuming? Yeah I'm obviously assuming based on the majority of the sales figures of PC games that MAKES PEOPLE PLAY THE GAME MORE WHEN ONLINE FEATURES ARE IMPLEMENTED

I have no idea why you've suddenly come out of nowhere to "put me in my place" but that right there is exactly why you're not a moderator here.

EDIT: And people posting memes saying that they love S0L... This contributes nothing to the conversation at hand and adds to the mass of spam that currently resides in most topics on this forum

Wow. I just had a rather nice chat with some Sonic Retro folk and now this...

Thanks for your eloquent post first of all! Lovely language.

Was my post a personal attack on Sonic Retro? No it was merely an example of the behavoir that leads to me not having the budget to add a major feature to one platform of the game.

I've certainly no issue with people modding the games they own, in fact I'm costantly amazed and surprised at what's been acheived.

But there is a difference between that and posting links to software to obtain it illegally. There it's my livelihood at risk.

You might not like that it upsets me, and that I used it as an example, but it's not like I made it up!

And yes, I did also point out as an example to all those going 'OMB Sonic in a car' that it had been done before, your point is again?

Seriously, if you want a reason why you rarely get to talk to the people behind the Sonic games, please re-read your post and consider if you'd like someone to speak to you in that manner.

Goodnight :P

---

S0L

---

You're NOT the people behind the Sonic games, you're someone who contributed to an outsourced party racing game. I'd rather you not point the finger and blame people and past decisions. Sonic Drift, Sonic 1 is a 1d game, Sonic Retro... If the people behind Sonic games lashed out at the community like you just did. I don't think I'd WANT to talk to the "people behind the Sonic games"

Edited by jackskellinghog
  • Bad Quality Post 12

Aw, you guys sure spoiled the mood in here with all your effin' and jeffin' :( Be nice to S0L, you're "so much more than this" (as a song once put it)

Hopefully Mobo and Robo lighten the mood:

^Still processing but should be good soon^

EDIT: And people posting memes saying that they love S0L... This contributes nothing to the conversation at hand and adds to the mass of spam that currently resides in most topics on this forum

I prefer meme pics and kind words to nasty arguments. :P

Edited by Doctor Eggman
  • Thumbs Up 2

Lycett, it's called disappointing a fanbase. ASR is good, but when you cut out features that are worth stuff then you flip off people. So shit got pirated, so does every other game, even the copy protection on the DS game seems to be not working (from what I've read).

By the way, Sonic Retro is a cool place. We might modify stuff but we're not a haven for pirated games. In any case, those leaks that are playable on PC can help with screenshots for the wiki.

Edited by Tealer
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Your long winded inconsistent replies never cease to amaze. I thought we'd buried the hatchet here but quite obviously not.

So are you going to actually bother to answer anything that was said?

What was childish? And what was insulting?

There that wasn't long winded was it?

• Thumbs Up 2

So are you going to actually bother to answer anything that was said?

What was childish? And what was insulting?

There that wasn't long winded was it?

I'm not going to bother because it was long winded. I was addressing people who are paid to make games that lash out at the people who are going to buy their game or in this case, not so much anymore.

And you making unwarranted personal attacks on Casanova for correcting your rather rude and immature behavior is any better?

• Thumbs Up 2

To be honest, I personally saw it more as noting that piracy in general was the reason the PC version has no online - likely made as cheaply and with as little relative effort as possible (ie avoiding any costly features like online) to maximise the cost-to-returns ratio bearing in mind how much PC games are pirated. Yes, Retro was namedropped as an example - maybe a little unfairly as we removed those links as soon as the staff saw them, but eh - but that doesn't necessarily mean he views us as a hardcore pirating and opium den. =P

S0L - you seemed like a decent enough guy when I met you at SoS. Being upset by the fact that the PC version especially - which isn't even out yet - has been pirated is a little understandable. Tweaker just takes the reputation of Retro very seriously, try not to take it too much to heart, but understand we don't approve of the pirating of the game.

Edited by Overlord44
  • Thumbs Up 1

And you making unwarranted personal attacks on Casanova for correcting your rather rude and immature behavior is any better?

Yes, that's quite obviously what I'm doing. Please stop posting spam.

• Bad Quality Post 2

Everybody shut up.

The game was just released, rather than flaming one another and getting so worked up, why don't you guys just talk about the game instead.