Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

I got a question since I don't have the game yet!

What are your peoples favorite tracks? Like which ones really stand out? Call me a curious bee, but I am wondering which ones are the best, many of them look good, even with the repeating themes in some cases. What do you guys think?

The PC version was at a huge cut price compared to the other versions, I did wonder if it would be cut from online.

I mean its a shame but considering the advertising, the console versions of the title was always the main focus, and I've not known PC versions of Sonic/Sega titles to ever be definitive or as near to console versions as some would like. Heck Sega themselves released Mega Collection +, Riders, Riders Zero Gravity, DX AGES after their console counterparts. So I think Sumo deserve some credit for getting the PC title out the door same day rather than leaving PC owners to wait for the port 6 months down the line. Plus I know many people wary of buying newer PC games lest they find their specs are not good enough to actually run the game to a satisfactory degree. I wonder if PC games sell better when they go budget?

Considering I was one of the first to bitch about them being included I've actually warmed upto them abit, I hated the MegaDrive game and as a result never paid much attention to the characters but they're actually quite funny to watch in this.

Lol @ how they're listed as humans when they're quite blatantly not.

Yeah, the characters themselves are great. They're funny and likeable, and their game has a good concept.

The arcade version of Bonanza Bros. is slightly better, but not enough to be good for me.

And maybe they're supposed to be toys? They look like LEGO guys, and in some promotional pictures, they ARE toys:

210-1.jpg

Some of my favorite tracks are the three jet set radio tracks, and the three eggfleet stages.

I hate the super monkey ball track Sandy Drifts, it angers me to no end.

But thats just my opinion, you might think differently Dusk.

Edited by Eternlo
  • Thumbs Up 1

I got a question since I don't have the game yet!

What are your peoples favorite tracks? Like which ones really stand out? Call me a curious bee, but I am wondering which ones are the best, many of them look good, even with the repeating themes in some cases. What do you guys think?

Shibuyu Downtown, easily the best track in the whole game, Dino Mountain and Whale Lagoon are close seconds.

All the Final Fortress stages are yawn though, Dark Armada is PAINFUL to play through because it's just so dull, I would have taken another Seaside Hill stage over it anyday.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really wanna know, how well known are the Bonanza Bros.?

Hardly. To me though, they're fantast-c. So o-scure, un-qe and sadly forgotten. Now 'eye' just worry that they won't make -t -nto the next stars t-tle.

Sorry a-out m-ss-ng letters aga-n..

I really wanna know, how well known are the Bonanza Bros.?

I think they and Opa Opa might be the most obscure characters in the game.

The specific ChuChus in the game from the ChuChu Rocket manual MIGHT be the most obscure, but more people will likely just recognize them as ChuChus, ChuChus are more well known, but those 4 specific ChuChus I and others didn't even know about until they were in this game.

EDIT: Fuck, I said ChuChu's were from Space Channel 5? Well fix'd, I have no idea how I made that mistake...

Edited by Dusk the Biohazard Keeper

......Sadly, the fight on the SSMB has caused some casualties.....

In other news for you UKians, S&SASR IS OUT 8D! WOOT!

Goodnight B)

Opa-Opa isn't that obscure. Fantasy Zone series has had several games, not to mention the countless cameos in other games.

He was even a character in some anime SEGA produced:

zilliongun2.jpg

Compared to Bonanza Bros., who had 1 game in arcades, with a bad Genesis port, and made a cameo in some Japan only puzzle game (or something).

EDIT: Fuck, I said ChuChu's were from Space Channel 5? Well fix'd, I have no idea how I made that mistake...

Something to do with the fact that Ulala says "Chu" throughout the whole game?

I'm the guy! :D Glad you liked it, the lake jump I made was a complete mistake, I was trying to whip around the bend rahter than crossing over. But since then I've been able to jump the lake consistently. :)

WHat you do is try to get a triple boost and they hit the curve hard in the opposite direction. You should aim forward and hit the edge of the track (not the sand) to fly over the lake.

The drift boost or the item? Dr. Eggman, I have a request...Eggamn with E.G.G.M.A.N. theme playing and make some crazy stunt like you did with big. Make that happen and you will officially be the most awesome person on this forum to date. :D

......Sadly, the fight on the SSMB has caused some casualties.....

In other news for you UKians, S&SASR IS OUT 8D! WOOT!

Goodnight B)

'twas out Thursday for most who pre-ordered. =D

Hardly. To me though, they're fantastic. So obscure, uniqe and sadly forgotten. Now 'eye' just worry that they won't make it into the next stars title.

Odd. Maybe one of the devs was a fan of them. Does that count as Devservice?

Woo! I just got my hands on a copy of Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing with Banjo-Kazooie. My local GameStop was out of stock on the Wii and DS versions (all 4 copies, I would assume :P).

Oh, and I've copied all of my Sonic the Hedgehog music onto a USB storage device so I can play "Eggmanland - Day" and "Theme of Egg Factory" in the Final Fortress stages! I haven't the slightest clue who I want to play as, though. Zobio & Zobiko? Avatar? Dr. Eggman? Beat? Gah, my indecisiveness is killing me!

I should stop procrastinating and play the game already!

Edited by HunterTSF

Finally got my copy, and I'm LOVING it. Kudos to everybody at Sumo for putting together a FANTASTIC title. Here's to DLC and to hopes that you guys get to do a sequel!

Somewhere back there I saw several comments about the Wii and DS versions not counting the characters properly. I don't know about the DS, but the Wii case states 'with Sonic and 19 of his Sega friends', which is correct as far as I can tell. Sonic is one, plus 19 friends (although one wonders when and how he met some of these people) = 20 characters. Admittedly, the Miis aren't mentioned in that paragraph, but they are neither Sonic, nor SEGA, so the information given is accurate. And it says below that that you can race with your Mii, so everyone would seem to be accounted for.

I'll play this later today, but Amazon managed to deliver this and Endless Ocean at the same time, and Blue World is as much of a time sink as the first EO. (Which is why I'm here at nearly 1am) Right now, I need to head to bed.

Greetings from Spain! I finally decided to sign up, although my English is not very good...

S0L wanted to congratulate to the whole team has Sumo Digital and Sega. thank you very much for your great work! have succeeded in making the dream of many fans and with reality on a set of outgoing!

Aye got my PS3 version ^^

S0L, Could not add multiplayer modes offline to online mode? actually has a very good case that would be great in the online, even add online tournament mode. Simply brilliant if it could be because the line of this game is going well.

I love how sumo digital chose to make alex kid the most expensive character. Alex kid was my first game to play ever on my master system, so for me he is well worth the sega miles :P

Had the game for the 360 for about 2 days (funny how it arrived in the post a day before it's store release), and it's certainly loads of fun, no doubt about it. And having the ability of playing Ryo in a Forklift is the best part of it all for me. Now to wait to see what other DLCs there'll be, and attempt to beat that one mission of Samba vs Aiai, when I figure out the best way of dealing with those lousy corners in the end.

My god, this topic got ugly while I was asleep. D:

But yeah, Alex Kidd was the second character I went for after Ryo (well... I accidentally bought Knuckles second). Loving that it plays his classic tune during his All-Star move.

played 3 hour non stop in online with some friends. Man what an awesome game.

Thank you to S0L and all the Sumo Team and congratulations for making such an awesome game :D

Thanks for the kind words of folks enjoying it still :) I'm going to collect some of the comments I've been seeing to pass onto the team :P

Whilst I don't want to drop back to last nights unpleasantness, I thought it was all due to my comments on the SEGA forum in the 'Bad news for PC-only owners: PC version doesn't have online.' thread. I realise now it was down to the impromptu Q+A I did in here!

Re-reading the comment, I can see how it could be misconstrued to suggest that the PC version doesn't have Online *specifically* because of Sonic Retro, but that wasn't my intention. I was merely attempting to point out how widespread piracy was, and how it was even a problem on Sonic forums.

I've scrubbed it now anyway, I'm trying to build bridges here between devs + fans, not burn them!

---

S0L

---

Edited by S0L
  • Thumbs Up 3