Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

hmm... sonic in a car ,,, i dont really like the thaught of it... and how could they surpass a mario kart.

Let it at least be good

Called it.

I, for one though, will be looking forward to this game seeing as I like party racers like Mario Kart and such. Something like that with a cast of Sega characters is pretty cool, especially since this looks a bit more like Diddy Kong Racing like gameplay. I mean, Tails is in an aircraft afterall.

Haha XD I'm loving the look of it! Not really much else to say except that I'm looking forward to seeng more info and what not on it!

I LOVE Eggman's car :D

EDIT: Is this the game SEGA were supposed to announce tomorrow?...

Edited by ENVY16

Race Into Pole Position With Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Get ready for the ultimate racing showdown with Sonic and his SEGA friends!

LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (May 28th, 2009) – SEGA® Europe Ltd. and SEGA® America, Inc., today announced Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, a fast and furious battle to the finish line in this supercharged racer. Developed for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, the home video game system, Wii™ and the Nintendo DS™ system, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing will speed into stores in early 2010.

In a frantic battle to the chequered flag, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing sees Sonic and friends speed around tracks set in mediaeval castle ramparts, lush rainforests and bustling cities, all taken from the visually rich and varied universes of Sonic and SEGA. Fan favourites such as Dr. Eggman, Tails, AiAi, Amigo and many more will join Sonic in their custom built vehicles, revving their engines and jostling to stay ahead of the pack. Each character will race around the track in cars, planes, motorbikes, and in AiAi’s case – a banana mobile! Secret short cuts, swift handling and avoiding strategically placed obstacles are certainly the best way to get to the top of the podium.

“Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing is no ordinary racing game. Its huge variety of characters and vehicles, plus the ability to play both online and off set it apart from other games of this type” commented Gary Knight European Marketing Director, SEGA Europe Ltd. “The team have pushed the boundaries on what you would normally expect and created a different and unique party racing title whereby you really can’t take anything for granted!”

And winning is only part of the fun in Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing! Each character has a specific All Star move such as Super Sonic, Banana Blitz and Tails Tornado, allowing a quick way for competitors to get back into the race! Power ups and weapons can also be collected around the tracks and used against the opposition to ensure they don’t become a threat to that number one position… Players can battle it out in single or multiplayer mode, allowing up to four friends to race in frantic split-screen action, or up to eight players to compete online in the ultimate racing showdown.

Can Amigo scramble Dr. Eggman? Will AiAi say bye-bye to Tails? Are you gonna be faster than Sonic? The race will start in 2010… For more information please visit: www.sega.com/sonicracing.

lol, i love it when games are made on 360 and ported down

Hm, kind of disappointing to see Sonic in a car again, but otherwise this sounds like it could be a pretty slick Mario Kart knockoff...if they don't fuck it up.

And Seaside Hill looks a hell of a lot nicer here than it did in Heroes.

Yep, thought so. Diddy Kong Racing minus the adventure mode plus the Sega nostalgia.

I admit to already wanting this game.

Um...wow, didn't expect this. o_O

The trailer's nice looking and all, though it is weird to see Sonic in a car again. Hopefully it'll be as successful and fun as Mario Kart.

Edited by Spyne

But Sonic doesn't need a car! He's Sonic the freaking Hedgehog!

The above is not ment to be taken seriously.

I'm a bit dissapointed. Haven't played Superstars Tennis, so I don't know what to expect.

Edited by The-BB

Right now I'm not convinced this is the game...For one this is a different day they announced it, and they said it wasn't going to be a huge surprise...well I find it hard to believe people were expecting this.

3572283749_2d543eabb8.jpg

ANNOUNCEMENT TRAILER:

3573090316_532058728c.jpg

3572284241_73b430fd25.jpg

3572284113_2a739d1e19.jpg

3573090194_edb1069d76.jpg

3572284379_482e99d8cf.jpg

EVERYBODY'S SUPER SONIC RACING,

TRY TO KEEP YOUR FEET RIGHT ON THE GROUND,

WHEN YOU'RE SUPER SONIC RACING,

THERE'S NO TIME TO LOOK AROUND...

Copy paste from the other topic.

Cool, so I guess it's kinda like Mario Kart. This must be Sega's Friday game. So whoever guessed a new Sonic game was sort of right.

Edit: Thank god Sonic isn't on a hover board. :P

Edited by speedfreak

Can't say I have high hopes for this one. The Wii and DS version have to compete with Mario Kart and PS360 version might not sell all that well considering the sales of the last Sega Superstars game. I'll still probably end up buying it...unless CTR (finally) gets released on the PSN before then :P .

They're not allowed to put AiAi in any more SEGA games until they make a new Monkey Ball. 'k? My word goes.

So, Sega has finally, after all these years, decided to release some direct competition for Mario Kart. This is going to be interesting. It might even be quite good, judging by the amount of posivity surrounding Sega Superstars Tennis.

Edit: I've just found out that it's by Sumo Digital, and as we all know that Outrun 2 / 2006 / XBLA kicks significant arse, I reckon there's reason to hope that this game could be decent.

I love Eggman's monster truck Egg mobile. :lol:

Also I hope those item boxes contain Mario Kart type items (without the overkill mind you) instead of Sonic Riders type items.

I don't mind the fact Sonic's in a car I guess, it is a little bugging but considering this is nowhere near canon it doesn't matter. Tails' car looks a bit off, woulda preferred it to look more plane-like but I am just nit-picking now.

I love that they focus so much on stuff fans will like, the classic nods; they talk about Amy's car almost resembling her Sonic R counterpart, and the crabmeat badnik in the screenshot!

I hope we get a large, large cast of characters. SEGA superstars tennis was decent, but I really wanted more characters, thats what makes it fun. So hopefully (especially because this time we have Sonic written in th title) I hope we get more Sonic characters. This would be a good opportunity to reintroduce Nack with the Marvelous Queen as his ride, and it'd be cool to see Jet riding about on his extreme gear board.

This game sorta making me feel like Crash Team racing (the original, havent played newer ones) which is awesome cuz I loooved that game. Heres hoping to lotsa awesome weapons, shortcuts, Sonic characters and Sonic levels!!!!!

Gotta say I'm already psyched for this one way more than Unleashed or stupid olypics ever could.

Yeah, now the only reason we have to hate it is "wtfsoniccanrunwhythefuckwouldhedriveacarfucksake".

I for one thought Sonic Drift was pretty fun. My only real complaint is Sonic Riders. There's a short flash movie that's part of the Sonic Shorts series that perfectly sums up how I feel about Jet's "speed".

Okay... I wasn't expecting this.

Assuming this IS the new SEGA announcement (which was supposedly being made tomorrow? :huh:) then I don't see how it "isn't a surprise"... I mean, who would've guessed this?

I have high hopes for this though. It's by the people behind OutRun 2 and SEGA Superstars Tennis, so they know how to handle the SEGA franchises and racers. If they manage to pull this off then... well, this could be really good.

It is a bit strange seeing Sonic in a car but if that trailer is anything to go by then this could be Sonic Drift done right - and it's not like it's a car that doesn't suit the blue blur. It's sleek, it's shiny... and it's designed to have spikes just like Sonic!

I sure hope we get to see some gameplay footage of this soon, hopefully even at E3.

Here's some news regarding the Wii version from ONM:

Characters confirmed from the Sonic series include Sonic, Tails, Eggman and Amy Rose. Sonic drives a sleek blue sports car which wouldn't look out of place in Outrun, Tails pilots a plane, Eggman takes charge of a monster truck buggy while Amy Rose is behind the wheel of a vehicle that looks kind of like a convertible VW Beetle.

As for the other Sega characters, you can see AiAi from the Monkey Ball series driving a car made out of bananas (let's hope they're ripe) and Samba from Samba De Amigo behind the wheel of a cheery-looking buggy.

Each character will have a specific All Star move. Moves confirmed so far include Super Sonic, Banana Blitz and Tails Tornado but you'll also be able to collect power-ups and weapons dotted around the tracks.

As for courses, there's a Sonic Green Hill Zone style track, complete with a loop-the-loop which should make things interesting. Sega has revealed that other environments will include medieval castle ramparts, lush rainforests and bustling cities, so let the speculation begin as to what games they're referring to. Golden Axe? Jet Set Radio? We've no idea just yet.

Of course, you can expect many more Sonic and Sega characters and tracks to be revealed over the coming months. Considering how much attention to detail was present in Sega Superstars Tennis, we'd expect loads more characters and stages from Sega's history to make an appearance. Come on Sega, time to bring ToeJam and Earl out of retirement!

As with Mario Kart Wii, you'll be able to race online. You can race online with eight players and there's also a split-screen mode for four-player action.

We'll have more on Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing in issue 45 of Official Nintendo Magazine, due out 3 July.

On the basis that mine's the first and main one... and I announced it........ :P