Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Aptiva's just joined the SEGA Forums under a different name 'NSIYusuke' and posted this -

Ahaha, I love how involved you all are! And thanks to Shadz for quoting my posts from over on SSMB onto here, to spread the word.

And yes, sorry about the Photobucket confusion. I want to state that the game's title starts with "Sonic", and as such, classifies it as Sonic Related in my eye(s.). It might not have anything to actually do with the series. Or maybe it does! Nobody knows~!

Aptivita is this actually to do with ASR DLC? Sometimes you make it sound like it's a new Sonic coming so I'm confused :lol:

EDIT: Another -

I'll be very impressed if more people crack it! Only one person that hasn't been officially involved has gotten very close to figuring it out. Though I don't think they posted about it publicly.

And no problem! I love to hear all the theories and speculation! I just hope everyone's going to enjoy it when we can officially announce it!

http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=5722239&postcount=487

Haha, actually, I registered there because I won a Sonic 4 prize, the day that it was officially announced. (Still waiting on that, by the way, SEGA... >_>)

Yes, it's All Stars Racing related. And what else can be related to a game that's already out? DLC of course! =D You can even ask S0L, if he's not too busy. He can tell 'ya it's ASR related, too. Though, I don't think he's going to just tell you what it is. xD

• Thumbs Up 1

Haha, actually, I registered there because I won a Sonic 4 prize, the day that it was officially announced. (Still waiting on that, by the way, SEGA... >_>)

Yes, it's All Stars Racing related. And what else can be related to a game that's already out? DLC of course! =D You can even ask S0L, if he's not too busy. He can tell 'ya it's ASR related, too. Though, I don't think he's going to just tell you what it is. xD

Thats cool, thanks for clearing that up :) Now back to the puzzle solving.

Oh man hahaa. I really have to bite my tongue because I know what it is and out of respect for this whole little game here I won't say anything more on that. Although... I'm just not sure whether or not people are going to be ecstatic or disappointed now that the image is building up hype all around. Everyone knows when hype gets too high people start imagining things that weren't going to happen in the first place and set themselves up for something other than what it was they thought...it was. Sorry to say Aptiva haha, not trying to be a downer because it -is- cool. Its just I think they hype train is going a little too fast.

Oh man hahaa. I really have to bite my tongue because I know what it is and out of respect for this whole little game here I won't say anything more on that. Although... I'm just not sure whether or not people are going to be ecstatic or disappointed now that the image is building up hype all around. Everyone knows when hype gets too high people start imagining things that weren't going to happen in the first place and set themselves up for something other than what it was they thought...it was. Sorry to say Aptiva haha, not trying to be a downer because it -is- cool. Its just I think they hype train is going a little too fast.

Say what it is or I'm calling shenanigans!

1269163256491.jpg

-- But seriously. xD It's not really my fault that everyone's hyping this up a bit too far (if you think they are). I can't even elaborate on why it's not my fault! Though, I think Punk's right, it probably won't be all THAT amazing for a lot of people, though for certain folks, it might be the best thing ever. Who knows! D= I can't even elaborate. I wish I could.

(And if anyone's wondering, yeah, Punk here does know what it is, But he won't tell anybody; We're bros like that. And if he does tell, I won't be giving him his Doritos that I owe him. D: )

Alright. All of you aren't thinking outside the box enough. I think that's as good of a hint as I can give...

Just throwing out a wildcard guess here... these pictures, they're not closeups from that album artwork in your signature are they?

If it's not a a mobile stage with Journey, Aerosmith, and Crush 40 all performing at once whose all-star move involves Sega making a sequel to every game represented in SASASR coupled with a course based on every stage in Sonic Robo Blast 2, then I will hate you all forever.

LOL, just kidding. Honestly, I can't get overhyped for DLC, so long as it's as good or better than the Metal Sonic/Death Egg pack. Anything new is fine by me.

but if (by some crazy means) you altered the full version of this, I think it'd just give everything away. :'D

Nightsfoot.jpg

NiGHT's foot and Spring Valley Confirmed!!! Honestly though, i await the mystery of all of this coming to fruition. :D

Nope! Good guess though, Cas.

And I'm glad to hear that at least some people understand my uh, troubles talking about the project. I don't wanna let too much slip, but leaving too much to the imagination builds unrealistic hype...

Well in that case then I have to wonder if it's anything Sega related at all. So far everyone is guessing along the lines of something that Sega owns, but maybe it's something that Sega doesn't own?

Edited by Casanova

Alright, last hint for now; The first blurry image is NOT an in-game shot. The second one, however, is a severely altered in-game shot. You might wanna go from there.

Aptiva has just left me a comment on my profile...

xDDD I like the way you think!

Read into it what you like. I don't really care too much anymore, all I care about is getting people to subscribe and rate my videos on youtube! Partnership ahoy dammit!

Edited by Casanova

...is it Mumbo Jumbo? Because those purple things could be one of his feathers run through some sort of blue filter...

Yes. I like 1970's trousers mode. It was a great concept. Plus you were the first one to think outside the box, asides from the clever guy who figured it out. And also, I had to leave another hint-- the purple thing isn't a body part. Sorry guys, it's not NiGHTs' foot, Blaze's hair, Big's diet plan, etc.

(EDIT - I meant yes @Casanova. Not Mumbo. )

Edited by Aptiva

This is why Ecco is not in Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing.

Crazy-Dolphin-Quads--41539.jpg

Actually that could be an argument to put him in.

• Thumbs Up 7

This is why Ecco is not in Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing.

Crazy-Dolphin-Quads--41539.jpg

Actually that could be an argument to put him in.

That is awesome :o

So it's not a body part? Could it be a vehicle part? If not It's most likely something to do with a track.

Someone should go back through all the posts since that image was posted and compile them into a list, then we can work on eliminating them until we come to the correct conclusion...

1415g7k.jpg

taig-final-art.png?w=300&h=300

ri6zrn.jpg

11r7i42.jpg

SSMB_Hint_2.png

14x00na.jpg

Ah, yes. The lie. Nobody lies, my friend. They just don't tell the truth.

Wait, the purple part of the in-game screen looks like a stream. Chemical Plant Zone had purple water.

Instead of endless teases, I'd rather have an estimated date for release and no clues at all.

Firstly, I'd like to make some input on the people upset by characters that won't make it into the game. Why not just be grateful that some of the classic characters that ARE in the game are there? It could have been just a Sonic racing game, you know? I'm imagining they put the characters in that would be recognized more. And most of the time Sonic characters tend to be the most popular, so they'd make the most income as DLC. Also, consider that newcomers would by this game, that might not know a lot of these old franchises. Sonic stuff probably would be more recognizable. The game itself will never have everything you want, so get over it. Enjoy what's there and don't get all upset because one character or something won't be included.

Because that would be settling for less?

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that us Sega fans were thrown a few bones here and there. But ultimately I feel that they could have done better, and I'm not going to set my standards to a "well, it could have been worse" level. And while it's understandable that they put recognizable things in over fanservice, I don't see that as an excuse for everything either. As much as I'd hate, hate, HATE to bring up Nintendo, they had to handle the same situation with the Smash Bros franchise. While they weren't perfect either, you didn't see HAL making a third of the the cast Mario characters with 10 stages to leave some lesser known franchises without any locations.

Besides, our complaints are ultimately a good thing. If Sega fans had simply sat back and said nothing rather than express our disappointment, Ryo wouldn't even be in this game. Being appreciative is one thing, but expressing letdowns can be just as important when it comes to what moves the developers make in the future.

Anyways, about the picture.

I was thinking it could be a green track, with the purple just being a row of dash pads. However, it's apparently not an in-game shot, so it's probably a picture of a character then. If so...green and purple....Chaotix?

Yeah, I'm stumped.